Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 12:59   #1
BHPian

i10 Automatic Transmission

I have been reading reports in the news that Hyundai is planning to launch the A/T version of the i10 by mid 2008.

I also saw some reports that they are launching this variant at the AutoExpo 2008 and the bookings are open now for this i10 with Automatic Transmission.

I would appreciate any information on this model like price, availability and is it available with the higher end variant of the i10.

Thanks for your help in advance.

MODS. I did search for this topic before posting but I could not find any relavant thread on this topic. If you know of one please feel free to move it.
Old 6th January 2008, 13:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey i dont know if the auto i10 is out but black and white colors of i10 would be available from this month onwards.auto i10 would be nearly 1L more than the similar manual version.
ram
Old 6th January 2008, 13:49   #3
BHPian

What about i10 crdi ? Is it also going to launched anytime soon ?
Old 6th January 2008, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Guys,
I just want to buy i10 auto right now. Kothari Hyundai sales girl tells me, it may get launch in Autoexpo on 10th Jan, if not then, Feb 08 for sure.
They confirmed that car is just there. Sanjay Hyundai also confirmed same. BUT bookings are not open neither specs.
I am hoping for the best, if it don't come by Feb sometime, I will either buy WagonR AT or Honda city CVT.

Last edited by mrkanitkar : 6th January 2008 at 14:22.
Old 6th January 2008, 14:28   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If you have a budget for NHC CVT why are you waiting for the i10 auto?? You cant even begin to compare the two cars.

The i10 auto is already mentioned in the bouchers and specs but not mentioned on price list. If priced well it will get many takers- i think a 30-40,000 premium over the manual will see good volumes for the auto.
Old 6th January 2008, 14:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If you have a budget for NHC CVT why are you waiting for the i10 auto?? You cant even begin to compare the two cars.

The i10 auto is already mentioned in the bouchers and specs but not mentioned on price list. If priced well it will get many takers- i think a 30-40,000 premium over the manual will see good volumes for the auto.
Man,
I am looking car to drive in city traffic. I believe small car would help me driving fast in Pune roads like Tilak road and deccan. Honda City is big. It may get locked in traffic. Secondly Honda City CVT has 3 months waiting, I just confirmed yesterday. Hyundai guys claim delivery in 2-3 weeks max.
It's not compare for segment, it's simply driving comfort on narrow roads.
Old 6th January 2008, 17:07   #7

In Hyderabad I have enquired, and the dealer said that production of i10 Automatic will start from Jan 15th onwards (approx) and the vehicle will be available in Feb last week onwards.
Old 6th January 2008, 19:56   #8
BHPian

I think, Hyundai will officially launch i10 auto in autoexpo and then depending on bookings, production will start. I also heard Hyundai will make only 1000 cars in auto varient and then make further decision. Dealer was asking to pay 50 K INR as booking but there is assurance on delivery date or launch, so 50 K INR booking is just to give first pref and not actual booking.

Last edited by mrkanitkar : 6th January 2008 at 19:57.
Old 6th January 2008, 22:51   #9
BHPian

Thanks for all the replies.

I am glad I started this thread for the information otherwise I would have never known that Honda City also offers an automatic version.

I also heard that i10 Auto is not offered in Magna variant and it will be only available in Era variant. Anyone has more info that ?

Quote:
Please can you point us to where to find the brochure and specs of this auto i10?
Old 6th January 2008, 23:05   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

I am glad I started this thread for the information otherwise I would have never known that Honda City also offers an automatic version.

I also heard that i10 Auto is not offered in Magna variant and it will be only available in Era variant. Anyone has more info that ?

Please can you point us to where to find the brochure and specs of this auto i10?
The normal brochure of the i10 mentions the auto variant and i think i did come across in the same that only the Era variant will be coming in auto... but i guess eventualy at the time of launch they will introduce it in the magna version too.
Old 12th January 2008, 02:00   #11
BHPian

Is there any information on this automatic version of i10 at the Auto Expo. ? I would appreciate if this automatic is available in Magna variant.
Old 12th January 2008, 03:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
hey i dont know if the auto i10 is out but black and white colors of i10 would be available from this month onwards.auto i10 would be nearly 1L more than the similar manual version.
ram
I lac more than its sibling in similar trim?? I think not. What it will be available in would be in a trim, one below the higest version to keep the prices in bay. That way they have the price around 40-5-K above the similsr trimmed/spec-ed version, just like they priced their Santro A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Guys,
I just want to buy i10 auto right now. Kothari Hyundai sales girl tells me, it may get launch in Autoexpo on 10th Jan, if not then, Feb 08 for sure.
They confirmed that car is just there. Sanjay Hyundai also confirmed same. BUT bookings are not open neither specs.
I am hoping for the best, if it don't come by Feb sometime, I will either buy WagonR AT or Honda city CVT.
The car should be out by a month what my friend a hyundai dealer says. Anyone wants fast deliveries, contact me, ill surely get them for you, positively from Bombay though.
I would rather wiat for the i10 A/t as there is no auto wagonR available as it has been discontinued long back. Also the wagonR auto versio was the most ill equipped version of the car they turned into auto with a crappy three speed box with no overdrive and a hunger for petrol
Old 12th January 2008, 09:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

so v-16, then how many speed gear box will the i10 auto be made of? would it be the same as in auto matic santro? and what about mileage concerns?
Old 12th January 2008, 10:04   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Even i have asked my friend to wait for some time for i10 a/t,so any updates on when is it coming?
Old 12th January 2008, 17:44   #15
BHPian

I am very close to book Honda City CVT. If i10 auto is about to launch, then I am looking for date. Dealers who told, it will be in Autoexpo are saying, it "may" come in Feb, but not sure. I am loosing my interest in i10, as no see any launch for automatic. In other words, Hyundai is pushing to buy Honda. If any of you know about i10 auto, please share or PM me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks