Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 10:56   #151
BHPian

they won't and even the dezire would sell.

I believe that lots of fellow Bhpians would still prefer OHC over NHC (atleast on the looks front)

personally i hate the NHC like anything....
rest of the hondas are drool stuff.

But still the NHC is selling like anything.
so even the dezire would sell.

Indian roads will have more ugly looking cars to give competition to the beauties
Old 18th February 2008, 11:03   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
OMG! I cannot imagine the waiting period for the Swift, Dezire and SX4 when the Dezire is launched! Looks like waiting period will be almost a year . But I really wonder, why Maruti doesnt address the waiting period issues first rather than launching newer models. Else, they loose customers.
they are working on the waiting period of the different models day in and day out.but the demand is growing like anything.i strongly believe it would be sorted out by this financial year.
ram
Old 18th February 2008, 11:33   #153
BHPian

do we still have waiting period for the sx4 and swift petrol,(i know there is waiting period for swift diesel)??
Old 18th February 2008, 13:37   #154
Senior - BHPian

I booked a swift vxi mainly because it was getting delivered in April.
Swift Diesel waiting period was anytime between 4-5 months. Thats way too
long for me. Dealer was telling that they not taking many Bookings for swift as they are getting deliveries of around 10 Swifts per month only!! Thats pretty bad!
Old 18th February 2008, 16:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

the biggest dealer network in india means huge volumes to be made for a minimum number of cars to be at all dealer.but msil would be looking into increasing the production facility and that would solve the issue to a great extend.
swift petrols and diesels are in short supply and both have a demand too across the country.
sx4 has a pretty good demand and supply ratio ,but things would be different for the swift sedan.msil is looking for huge numbers in the segmnet too.
ram
Old 18th February 2008, 18:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
do we still have waiting period for the sx4 and swift petrol,(i know there is waiting period for swift diesel)??
i heard that swift petrol has a waiting period of 3 months at Coimbatore, 2 months at Bangalore - so demand seems to be always rising. there is no question about diesel anyways.

- karthik.
Old 18th February 2008, 18:18   #157
BANNED

Is this a car? Looks more like a reptile with its tail cut off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Old 18th February 2008, 18:25   #158
Senior - BHPian

hey diablo,looks are subjective.indigo was a laughing lot 2 years before and now its the hot seller in the segment.i dont find dzire to be as bad as the indigo.i do accept that its not the best shape to be in ,but as far as msil logic goes they wanted to cut cost during the development stage so that the car was attractively priced.
i dont find anything wrong with this logic.
there are many people who stil dont like the looks of swift but its a good seller these days.
ram
Old 18th February 2008, 20:40   #159
Senior - BHPian

Given Swift's profile, I guess an estate body on the car would have looked amazing.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:11   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
OMG! I cannot imagine the waiting period for the Swift, Dezire and SX4 when the Dezire is launched! Looks like waiting period will be almost a year . But I really wonder, why Maruti doesnt address the waiting period issues first rather than launching newer models. Else, they loose customers.
Waiting for the Swift Diesel has been curbed till quite a extent, you can get a Swift Diesel without ABS in 2 weeks IIRC.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

well car doesnt looks bad. though looks are subjective. Lets see how it looks on road.

@ram_hyundai do you have any images to share from the car brochure. We DEZIRE to see it
Old 18th February 2008, 21:19   #162
BHPian

My friend got Swift LDi in Calcutta with no waiting period at all, although he had only 2 colors to choose from. But yeah the waiting period is surely coming down, not in Bangalore though from what i have been told.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:40   #163
BHPian

I booked Swift VDI in RNS motors last week and the waiting period is six months. Kalyani motors said they were not taking VDI bookings and Bimal said 8 months. Other city guys are really lucky to get it so soon.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:53   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohithdr View Post
I booked Swift VDI in RNS motors last week and the waiting period is six months. Kalyani motors said they were not taking VDI bookings and Bimal said 8 months. Other city guys are really lucky to get it so soon.
This seems very fishy. I think someone should bring this to MSIL's attention. Its doesnt seem reasonable that the dealers in Mumbai are saying 40 days max (pointing out that that's the max waiting period mandated by Maruti) while the dealers in Bangalore are saying six months.

ram, any thoughts on what could be going on here?
Old 18th February 2008, 22:11   #165
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
This seems very fishy. I think someone should bring this to MSIL's attention. Its doesnt seem reasonable that the dealers in Mumbai are saying 40 days max (pointing out that that's the max waiting period mandated by Maruti) while the dealers in Bangalore are saying six months.

ram, any thoughts on what could be going on here?
If I am not wrong, MSIL decides volume allocation of particular models to various regions/ cities based on its competetive position. Each micro market might have a different demand supply situation. Hence maybe the different wait periods.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks