Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 22:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

i think this car would look better as a station wagon than a sedan

cars that do not have sleek shape dont make good sedans
example,indica,swift,sx4 in my opinion that is
Old 18th February 2008, 22:47   #167

I have no "DESIRE for this DEZIRE"!...But then would Maruti or any other manufacturer care if the sales numbers tell a different story? Dont think so.
To each his own.
Cheers.
Old 18th February 2008, 23:32   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
they are working on the waiting period of the different models day in and day out.but the demand is growing like anything.i strongly believe it would be sorted out by this financial year.
ram
I hope they do it rather soon. You can find many posts on this forum where people say they didn't go in for Swift Diesel just because of the waiting period. I'm a Suzuki fan myself and have waited for 5 months to get my car. But its bad if they cannot address the waiting period over a year. IMO, losing loyal customers just becuse of the waiting period is bad for the company. Especially now since the Indica DiCOR is launched at a much cheaper price and Tata cars have improved in quality over time.
Just my opinion, no offence.
Old 18th February 2008, 23:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

I think this whole scam about waiting periods is just crap by the whole marketing machine (since production has long since been ramping up only) - we need to run a poll checking how many people were fed a BS date, and the actual date they got the car!
Old 19th February 2008, 00:29   #170

Really dispntd after seeing dezire , maruti engineers have screwed up big time , the car looks more like an amby when seen from the rear..

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2008 at 04:09. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 19th February 2008, 01:24   #171

its going to b launched on mar 6th got it from a reliable source.....

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2008 at 04:09. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 19th February 2008, 13:31   #172
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish View Post
its going to b launched on mar 6th got it from a reliable source.....
Reliable source in the Maruti Sales Department confirms that the launch date would be 8th March. Two variants each in Petrol and Diesel. Petrol priced between 5-6 lakhs and diesel between 6.5-7 lakhs (ex-showroom)
Old 19th February 2008, 14:19   #173
Senior - BHPian

To repeat what most of the forum members have said, this car is plain UGLY. I second the fact that Swift was designed to be a hatch and any attempt to make a sedan out of it would end up being something like this. But having said that, I am sure this car will be a good seller since it is a Suzuki. Suzuki will definitely throw in a lot of features at a reasonable price point and this car will definitely be a VFM.

I really applaud the designer of this car. He could not have done anything better than this. Poor guy!
Old 19th February 2008, 17:41   #174
Senior - BHPian

time will tell if swift dzire is desired across the country,probably in 6 months time.i sincerely feel that it would be a hot seller.and people would start liking it once its on the road.
ram
Old 19th February 2008, 17:51   #175
BHPian

Probably it will be like Zen.When Zen hit the roads nobody likes the looks but after few months it started selling like hot cakes.So we cannot decide and it is a product of Maruti,pepople trust them a lot.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:10   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Petrol priced between 5-6 lakhs and diesel between 6.5-7 lakhs (ex-showroom)
Isnt this price for Diesel on the higher side. I was expecting about 60-70K above the hatch price. A Swift VDi cost about 5.50 lakhs onroad chennai.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:14   #177
BANNED

Old Zen was good. The face-lifted Zen was pathetic. Estilo is good - it looks like distant cousin of NHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
When Zen hit the roads nobody likes the looks but after few months it started selling like hot cakes.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Isnt this price for Diesel on the higher side. I was expecting about 60-70K above the hatch price. A Swift VDi cost about 5.50 lakhs onroad chennai.
Top varient in diesel will be ZDi, with ABS,Airbags etc so the price can be justified
Old 19th February 2008, 18:44   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Old Zen was good. The face-lifted Zen was pathetic. Estilo is good - it looks like distant cousin of NHC.
I was talking about the old Zen when they hit the road in the beginning nobody accepted the looks.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:55   #180
BHPian

I am sure this car is going to sell and in good numbers. Perception about looks will change once it hits the roads, just like the Santro.
Lets hope Maruti does something about the waiting period that they are struggling w.r.t Swift and SX4.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks