Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:41   #106
Senior - BHPian

Indian roads are getting uglier every month. This will compete with the NHC for the title of the ugliest car in India.

It's high time the Grande Punto, Linea, Bravo, Jetta were launched.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:09   #107
BHPian

I feel its looks are not that eye catchy, but this thing is gonna sell because of its Brand and maybe price.
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand the noise everyone is making about the looks of this car. Yes, its not good looking....

Tell me how many cars in India have sold only for its looks? If this statement has any answers, many cars would be rotting at the manufacturer's shelf.

A lot of car buyers go by the mind rather than the heart. My heart says that Dezire doesnt look great and is not worthy of being a successor to the legendry Esteem. But my mind says that if Maruti gives a performer to us in a Value For Money package, I will replace my Alto with this car once it proves itself.

Consider the example of Senior and Junior Bachchan. Doesnt Abhisheak still sell inspite of being "not so great clone" of his father? He sells for his performance and not for his hereditary looks or for being the legend's son.

Lets discuss on what engine, interiors or features Maruti will give us on the Dezire and not thrash a car that not seen the market daylight.
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:22   #109
BHPian

Everything is okay... But calling it Dezire...!
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:39   #110
Team-BHP Support

Hate the looks but ajo has a very valid point wrt indian market. Any idea when is it really gonna be launched?
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:22   #111
BHPian

It looks awfully bad.Dont know why marutti is launching this one
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:31   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Indian roads are getting uglier every month. This will compete with the NHC for the title of the ugliest car in India.

It's high time the Grande Punto, Linea, Bravo, Jetta were launched.

What do you think about Civic?
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

@ajo: Agree with what you say. This means that the performance of this car should exceed the expectations of consumers so that they can afford to ignore or give less importance to the looks.
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:15   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hate the looks but ajo has a very valid point wrt indian market. Any idea when is it really gonna be launched?
Was touted to be released at the Auto Expo. Since they have missed the date, can expect by Feb or March end. The Indigo CS is just round the corner and Dezire needs to get a good opening to prolong the excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@ajo: Agree with what you say. This means that the performance of this car should exceed the expectations of consumers so that they can afford to ignore or give less importance to the looks.
Right. The Swift itself isnt appealing to me since I am not a fan of the rounded looks. But the minute I test drove, it impressed me, both petrol and diesel versions.

I hope they put more horses on the Dezire, atleast 90bhp and 80bhp on petrol and diesel respectively. A VGT on the Diesel would be a "good to have". Imagine a sedan with good features and price, but underpowered...
Old 24th January 2008, 02:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
-5. horrendous.

what were they thinking. Its not better from bajaj who has similar look to all bikes. heck, but atleast they have cheap pricing. How much will MUL charge us for this fugly boot?
Also to add Bajaj models though similar, all mostly look great.
Old 24th January 2008, 11:57   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I,personally, love the Civic's looks. Very futuristic and stylish both outside and inside.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:05   #117
BHPian

Indogo CS Sedan launched. Starting @ 3.79L. Wow pricing

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-3-79lac.html

I wonder when Dezire is launching and if they would be able to price this aggresively for car less than 4 meters.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Civic is one of the most good looking cars running on road. Do you seriously rate it as ugly.
Old 25th January 2008, 13:11   #119

I called up a dealer in delhi and asked about the launch he told me that its gonna get launched somewhere in april.anyone has any update on that??
Old 25th January 2008, 14:24   #120
BHPian

I called up one of my friend who is working for Sai Service to enquire abt Swift Dezire. Maruti showcased a preview of Swift Dezire for the Dealers last week. As per him Vehical looks good and will follow foot prints of Swift hatchbackcheers:.....it will be launched in the month of March & delivaries will start from April 2008.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks