Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 06:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

If this car delivers on the performance front, am sure there will be a lot of takers for it. I dont think the Indian mindset is such that it will reject a car just because it doesnt look good.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

performance wise it should not be a let down as the increase in weight is just 30 kgs and comes with the engines now doing duty in the swift.if looks wa that big a deciding factor there would not have been much logans on road.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 10:44   #183
Senior - BHPian

Frankly after seeing the Autocar pics, I was waiting to see something different.
But urrhh, the subsequent pics just confirmed what we all saw earlier!

How can Maruti/Suzuki do that after launching raving models like Swift, SX4, and now Splash.

Swift sedan would be the ugliest car on the road, I wish it is never launched...
Old 20th February 2008, 10:59   #184
tez
BHPian

let's wait to see the car in flesh. My gut feel says that the car would not look as ugly as it is looking in pics. Moreover with a good engine, looks would take second preference. If looks were the only preference, logan would not have sold any units.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:20   #185
Senior - BHPian

i had talked to speedzak a few days before and he had seen it in flesh-source undisclosed.in his opinion it wasnt that bad when you see it in flesh.pictures mostly dont do much justice to most of the cars.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 11:52   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
performance wise it should not be a let down as the increase in weight is just 30 kgs and comes with the engines now doing duty in the swift.if looks wa that big a deciding factor there would not have been much logans on road.
ram
with the same DDIS engine and a mere 30 KG increase swift is definitely going to rock in performance maps. However, performance will be more or less like running a Swift DDIS with an extra passenger
Old 20th February 2008, 12:06   #187
Senior - BHPian

Is there a possibility of getting the DDiS in 90 bhp state of tune? Atleast in the ZDi?
Old 20th February 2008, 12:13   #188
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
with the same DDIS engine and a mere 30 KG increase swift is definitely going to rock in performance maps. However, performance will be more or less like running a Swift DDIS with an extra passenger
extra passenger which is just 30 kgs of weight or carrying a fifth passenger which is 90+kgs heavy
Old 20th February 2008, 13:03   #189
BHPian

Folks,
In this forum all are talking about the bad looks and negatives of Dezire.

But the thread is getting longer and longer and iam sure all are interested!

I am purchasing this ugly looking diesel Dezire zxi on the first day of launch for sure. Any one want to join me?
Old 20th February 2008, 13:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
extra passenger which is just 30 kgs of weight or carrying a fifth passenger which is 90+kgs heavy
extra passenger which is just 30kg of weight, forgot to mention passenger is a kid

Jokes apart, i seriously think it will placed against Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Verna in terms of performance -As DDIS already tested and proven engine in Swift.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:16   #191
BHPian

If I wanted a Swift with a boot, what would I do? I would buy a Swift. Then I would find grandmother's steel trunk stowed away under her bed. Then I would find one of those hawkers who repair brass buckets and pressure cookers with some kind of soldering and get him to attach the trunk to the back of the Swift. And my creation would look as good as the Dezire.
Honestly, I find it repulsive. As if the Swift has grown a wart or something. I can't remember when I felt sick just from looking at a car before.
For me to like this car, it shall have to have some mean performance, which from Maruti I just do not expect.
But then cars do not sell only for looks. The WagonR sells. So, even this will perhaps sell in decent numbers.
What next? A Mini Cooper sedan?
Old 20th February 2008, 14:18   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
What next? A Mini Cooper sedan?
The boot from the Swift would work quite well on it as well.
One size fits all.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:20   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The boot from the Swift would work quite well on it as well.
One size fits all.

I had been hearing about the Swift Sedan for a long time, but I had no idea it could be conceptualised, designed and actually manufactured in spite of looking so excruciatingly ugly.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:26   #194

I am wondering like what is the point in coming out with new models when you can't keep up with the demand for existing models in the same platforms. Isn't their supply side already stretched? Good cars alone will not win the customers. If this trend continues ... IMO Maruti is bound to lose its USP , its much touted *** and customer satisfaction.. blah blah!!! I only wish maruti focuses more on the supply side constraints...
Tamilzu
Old 20th February 2008, 14:35   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
I had been hearing about the Swift Sedan for a long time, but I had no idea it could be conceptualised, designed and actually manufactured in spite of looking so excruciatingly ugly.
Its hightime Maruti releases official pictures taken by professional photographers(The ones with magic wands to transform even the ugly ones look beautiful). otherwise, spread of word about Swift's new ugly sibling may even kill the product well before launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks