Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 14:36   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
extra passenger which is just 30kg of weight, forgot to mention passenger is a kid

Jokes apart, i seriously think it will placed against Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Verna in terms of performance -As DDIS already tested and proven engine in Swift.
It should be in the lower C segment competing with Indigo CS,Logan,Ikon accent and the likes. Fiesta or Verna compete with sx4 and if Dezire is placed in the Upper C segment, then Maruti will have two of it's cars competing with each other which doesnt make sense.
Old 20th February 2008, 19:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
It should be in the lower C segment competing with Indigo CS,Logan,Ikon accent and the likes. Fiesta or Verna compete with sx4 and if Dezire is placed in the Upper C segment, then Maruti will have two of it's cars competing with each other which doesnt make sense.
its placed in the lower c segment.it will not be competing with the likes of verna,fiesta,nhc etc.it would be against the logan,indigo-dont know of cs,accent gle,ford ikon etc.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 19:21   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamilzu View Post
Its hightime Maruti releases official pictures taken by professional photographers(The ones with magic wands to transform even the ugly ones look beautiful). otherwise, spread of word about Swift's new ugly sibling may even kill the product well before launch.
You actually think thats possible? The Dzire is aimed at a set of people who are looking at an entry level sedan and i feel it makes sense to them. A diesel offerring and the MUL name is all that this car needs to succeed.
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:54   #199
Senior - BHPian

yes,a tata name-not that favoured when indigo was launched and a boot did the trick for the tata indigo,here we have a trusted name boot and a fine diesel engine .so it should do the trick which i am sure.
ram
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:03   #200
Senior - BHPian

Guys i think we should wait rather then judging on our own how the car would perform. Prices and Features are yet to be decided. We need to see what exactly MSIL has done to comment.
Old 22nd February 2008, 19:35   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You actually think thats possible? The Dzire is aimed at a set of people who are looking at an entry level sedan and i feel it makes sense to them. A diesel offerring and the MUL name is all that this car needs to succeed.
If this was the case the Zen Estilo would not have struggled to make name in the market for itself.

Estilo lost the name which Zen had gained from the Indian Public.

I like the Swift but not the Dzire, the look is not good and does not look good on the Indian Road. But Indigo has a better look when compared with Dzire in the back

Last edited by gowda79 : 22nd February 2008 at 19:37. Reason: some more points to be added
Old 22nd February 2008, 19:44   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys i think we should wait rather then judging on our own how the car would perform. Prices and Features are yet to be decided. We need to see what exactly MSIL has done to comment.
Exactly right BUSA.When swift launched no one was happy with its design and was comparing its rear view with Frog ( no offense) , I also did not like the shape at all in the beginning ,but now I am the proud owner of Swift VDI and its one of the hot hatch in the market.

Same case with Logan ,everyone commented that this model is going to be a flop show.But Now I can see more number of Logan's in Bangalore City
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:04   #203
Senior - BHPian

Zen Estilo didnt create a new segment in Maruti's stable(since Wagon R was already there) while Dzire will be filling in th gap left by Esteem. Also Swift hatch is still hot selling.

So these can not be compared.

As about the looks I think it will grow on us, atleast I hope so as I hated the Petra, Indigo when they were launched but they look just fine now.
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:09   #204
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Technocrat;732301]Zen Estilo didnt create a new segment in Maruti's stable(since Wagon R was already there)

Atleast it could have kept upto its old name and fame ZEN

[quote=Technocrat;732301]while Dzire will be filling in th gap left by Esteem. Also Swift hatch is still hot selling.

I never said Swift is not good, i agree Swift is the best hatch ever the Indian Road has seen.

So these can not be compared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
As about the looks I think it will grow on us, atleast I hope so as I hated the Petra, Indigo when they were launched but they look just fine now.
Indigo is good looking and spacious when compared with the looks of Dzire.

Last edited by gowda79 : 22nd February 2008 at 21:11. Reason: Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:35   #205
Senior - BHPian

Stumbled upon this article today.

Maruti Swift Sedan (Dzire) « The DriveInside Blog

All of whats in there sounds positive but the only thing that I need to take with a pinch of salt is the comparison of the Dzire's boot to that of the Camry.

Having said that, one cannot extrapolate much at this time unless the car is seen in flesh.
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:24   #206
Senior - BHPian

no way you can compare the boot to camry ,the boot is 400 ltrs as of my information, but its pretty good and can be a surprise for sure as most of the people would be interested in the boot.
ram
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:05   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
no way you can compare the boot to camry ,the boot is 400 ltrs as of my information, but its pretty good and can be a surprise for sure as most of the people would be interested in the boot.
ram
400 ltrs of boot is pretty good for a sedan.It is good for people who wants swift with a big boot.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:33   #208
Senior - BHPian

will anyone confirm the releasing date of Dzire
I am waiting for buying a Diesel car for more than 3 months.
Planned to buy either GetZ Crdi,Verna Crdi,Swift DDis,Fiat Palio MJD and now i included Dzire too.
Verna Crdi will be available in 1 week and GetZ Crdi after 2-3 weeks and Swift DDis Vdi+ABS 3 Months.
Palio MJD and Dzire yet to release.

soooooooo confused.it's my additional car.i already have a WagonR LPG Converted.I mostly use it in City and occasionally travel in Highway and Max 7500kms /year.

Defn i need a Diesel car.But I am not sure which one to buy.
I need a car with Power and good FE and A.S.S and Value for Money too
My option
1.GetZ Crdi if with ABS otherwise interchange 1 & 2
2.DZire
3.Fiat Palio MJD
4.Swift DDis
5.Verna (last but not worst.it's a proven car and any of the listed car is not fit to me i just go for Verna Sx Crdi ABS.No other way :()

Last edited by aks_karthik : 25th February 2008 at 15:41.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:43   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
400 ltrs of boot is pretty good for a sedan.It is good for people who wants swift with a big boot.
400 litres is same size as that of the Ikon's boot. Them being in the same segment, i feel thats more than adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
If this was the case the Zen Estilo would not have struggled to make name in the market for itself.

Estilo lost the name which Zen had gained from the Indian Public.
You think MUL cares about that? Using the Zen name was a very strategic move by MUL. A friend of mine bought this car as a replacement to his aging Zen, only thanks to the name, as well as the exchange offers he was provided. As for the car not catching on, you better get your facts right. Take a look at the Top 10 sellers list, and you would find the Estilo there.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:58   #210
Senior - BHPian

I get a feelingg that every one is mistaken here regarding the success of old zen.Let me make a point here.If i remember it right zen dint take off just like that from day one.I had seen write ups wherein the auto mags said how many lakhs extra for how many inch of extra space than an m800 so on and so forth.It took its sweet time to gain acceptance and then the sail was pretty ok till santro and wagon -r was launched.People started opting for the conterparts as it offered more space and comfortable seating possitions.so again it started to be tough for zen when MSIL launched the estilo.It was not that tough for estilo when compared to the old zen in achieving acceptable numbers.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks