Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 18:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

This is great! Looks cool! Only hope Bajaj don't have quality issues on the car!
Old 8th January 2008, 18:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Looks very nice much better than i10 according to me

If Bajaj/Renault plan for small car costing $3000 to launch in 2009 or 2010 by then exchange rate would be 32 rs per USD so they will price it 1 lac ?

That will be interesting to wait and watch!

regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:00   #63
BHPian

Good effort Put in by Bajaj. Looks Impressive atleast much better than the estilo. The gear know looks out of place though. waiting for the Tech Specs of this machine!
Old 8th January 2008, 19:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Great effort from Bajaj. It goes live from 2010 and is targetting 40 Km/pl. It will surely be close to 2 lacs.
Boy, where does that place our 1 lac car, what about the old 800, Alto. Curtains? Lets wait and see. The gear positioning on the center console takes a bit too far IMHO. Would have been better to fit it on the steering console, ala our old Taxis..heheh
Old 8th January 2008, 19:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
That looks promising and good. very good infact. Bajaj have said that its not a 1 lac rupee car. And from the pictures it looks much better than the TATA 1LC.

Lets wait and watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Unlike the p220 fiasco - where glamour FI took the wind outta their sails, this time BAL has kicked Tata in the *where-it-hurts*
Dont think it will hurt Tata's sales. Tata's is a one lac rupee car while Bajaj's cant be.

Hope Tata learns something about fit and finish and quality from a 2 wheeler manufacturer.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

First thing to do tommorrow morning- buy bajaj shares. This one is definetely a winner and going by bajaj's philosophy they are surely going to offer the latest in trend be it technology or design. HAts off to them . The design looks way better than any 3 lac segmenter leave alone 1 lac one.

Great job once again . Kudos to bajaj.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Great effort from Bajaj. It goes live from 2010 and is targetting 40 Km/pl. It will surely be close to 2 lacs.
Boy, where does that place our 1 lac car, what about the old 800, Alto. Curtains? Lets wait and see. The gear positioning on the center console takes a bit too far IMHO. Would have been better to fit it on the steering console, ala our old Taxis..heheh
Dude, 40kmpl!!!?? My P-150 DTS-i gives 40kmpl!
Old 8th January 2008, 19:24   #68
BHPian

Another article on AutoCar Website
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

The company is currently conducting a feasibility study with Renault on a small inexpensive car. But Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto, was quick to add that though the car would be a compact inter-city one, it would not be costing Rs 1 lakh. “We need to make profits, and at that price it’s just not possible, but pricing will be competitive,” he said.

Rajiv Bajaj also confirmed that the company has also developed two engines for the car, a petrol and a diesel which are both two-cylinder units. According to Bajaj, “the company is also developing a very unique transmission that will offer the best of a manual and automatic gearbox.”
Old 8th January 2008, 19:34   #69
BHPian

The car looks quite OK for a tall boy, except for the rear, which seems to remind me of the penguin from one of the batman movies, with his trouser waist right up to his armpits. The only thing I can't understand is how is one to shift gears? Or is it an automatic?
Old 8th January 2008, 20:05   #70
BHPian

Hi,

Nice Pics, thaks for the quick update. Bajaj's small car looks to be similar to the splash and the A-Star from suzuki...correct me if I'am wrong. it will be intersting to see how its going to be priced.cheers:
Old 8th January 2008, 20:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Dude, 40kmpl!!!?? My P-150 DTS-i gives 40kmpl!
Yeah. Even I couldnt believe it. The CNBC crawlies were showing this continuously. I wondered how is it going to be possible...
Old 8th January 2008, 20:19   #72
Senior - BHPian

Looks fantastic, I must say. Great for a first-time effort. What will decide its success is the price.
Old 8th January 2008, 20:28   #73
BHPian

Wow! Really impressive. And see the timing - they have actually released a prototype to public just before Tata's launch!

Well done Bajaj.
Old 8th January 2008, 20:29   #74
Senior - BHPian

The car has many french design cues. For sure its been designed by Renault. Looks much better than an M800 for the same price.
Old 8th January 2008, 21:33   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

CNBC says it will be offered in Petrol and Diesel, both twin cylinders. 2010 launch, current prototype is independant of Renault.

Master stroke by Bajaj, must say. Trust Rahul to pull off something like this, and by the looks of it, Rajiv is indeed a chip off the ol block.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks