Team-BHP - SCOOP! New Tata Sumo Picture. EDIT : Now launched as Sumo Grande
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP! New Tata Sumo Picture. EDIT : Now launched as Sumo Grande (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34068-scoop-new-tata-sumo-picture-edit-now-launched-sumo-grande.html)

While I was enroute Pune form Mahabaleshwar, I spotted this new Tata SUV in a Ad Shooting. It was a very attractive color, and was visible from the highway, so I decided to check it out, and drove all the way near to it.

It was perched on a temporary stage, and there were a whole unit shooting the Ad. When I walked near by and Pointed at the Car I was stopped by about 10 voices from all around. But I had it framed already, enough to entertain TBHPians!

I'm not able to name the SUV - some one who knows news about it, throw some light!

Great scoop. Thats the new SUV thats based on the Xenon pickup. It could very well be the new Sumo although I think they should give it a new name. From the back , it has a little bit of a vannish profile.

Maybe the new Sumo specially the front end.

Did you notice the first picuture? The car's bonnet is open and the guy is hammering on something inside the engine bay! :Shockked:

Arre bhaia, watermark the photographs asap

Has to be the new Sumo.It's due for launch in the first quarter of 2008.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 666573)
Maybe the new Sumo specially the front end.

Did you notice the first picuture? The car's bonnet is open and the guy is hammering on something inside the engine bay! :Shockked:

It is the TATA way of fixing problems I guess!! :D I don't take my Palio to a TATA service station... I'm always afraid they will use the hammer technology in my Italian car...:D

awesome scoop. Please watermark these pictures otherwise they will appear in auto magazines without any credit to you.

Quote:

Did you notice the first picuture? The car's bonnet is open and the guy is hammering on something inside the engine bay!
Its a Tata after all :p

And thats the new Sumo.

fabulous design.... this is the new sumo.great scoop buddy..

looks great, should be on the roads very soon.

I think anyone posting these pics should first watermark them with Team BHP.com logo. Tushky, your pic is not watermarked.

By the way, those wheels and the front-side profile remind me to much of scorpio!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 666645)
Tushky, your pic is not watermarked.

By the way, those wheels and the front-side profile remind me to much of scorpio!

its not mine. got on a blog site.

i think tata is improving its Quality.. i cant see any bigger panel gaps in this vehicle.
also tail lamps are BMW suv-ish

That is one cool looking SUV.

looks great, but it kind of feels like the scorpio minus the Side Flares from the Front.- I wonder what the front looks like, Guessing more on likes of the Pajero or Land Cruiser, if you look at the edge of the headlamps.

But the Muffler needs to go, Crap design, instead should be better looking and sportier, this one looks like an Indica muffler with a Bent end.

Great job millionswords!! Wonder whats the sumo doing on that inclined stage! Are they going to make the Sumo jump too! And I'm sure they will give it some other name.