Team-BHP - Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34073-tata-launches-new-indica-indigo-cs-indica-v2-dicor-sumo-grande-xenon-details-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FERRO (Post 682950)
whats Quadra jet Common rail engine (isn't it multi jet !?) maybe Maruti is using the same engine as DDiS or is it superior ?

Its the same engine albeit with a new name coined by the marketting department.

Waiting Period for Swift - What waiting period :thumbs up

If the Xenon is coming.... Team BHP's first Dicor is up for sale!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 682958)
If the Xenon is coming.... Team BHP's first Dicor is up for sale!

expect the Xenon launch sometime July / Aug Time Frame... Mine is alredy blocked ...

OT to Steer : Now u know why i left the "OFFER" go so easily... :-)

CAn we have the pics of new indica????

I'm really waiting to see how Tata price all these cars, when they have said everything will continue side-by-side

1. Indica
2. Indica Turbo (approx 20-25K extra for DLS model) + 2 models not available in NA Indica.
3. Indigo (approx 40K-50K more Indica Turbo)

but with at least 2 more cars being wedged in between the Indica Turbo and Indigo sedan, I'm wondering how they are going to price them and what variants will we have for

4. New Indica (they have said it will co-exist with the existing range)
5. Indigo CS

The Indica dicor has been launched, the DLG version priced at 4.25 Ex Showroom and Indigo CS going by the pics on this site is looking really good. The tails lights design is really good

Cubic Capacity » Blog Archive » AUTO EXPO 2008 - INDICA DICOR PRICE AND SPECS!

Cubic Capacity » Blog Archive » TATA INDIGO CS @ AUTO EXPO 2008!

The Indigo CS rear looks great.
Lets see how it gets priced !!!

man the xenon is coming......have been waiting for this beast for looooooooong time now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 683141)
The Indica dicor has been launched, the DLG version priced at 4.25 Ex Showroom and Indigo CS going by the pics on this site is looking really good. The tails lights design is really good

The ex-showroom price of DLG Turbo is 3,99,479 => 4.00, so they are charging the an extra 25k for the CRDI.

I am a little confused though as to whether this is the MJD or Tata's own Dicor which is doing duty in Indigo... Loooking at the picture displayed at the Expo it looks like the Tata's own Dicor (1398cc) and not the 1.3 MJD.

Why is the xenon coming with 3L engine? I feel sometime in future it will be replaced or supplemented with 2.2 variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thangu (Post 683095)
but with at least 2 more cars being wedged in between the Indica Turbo and Indigo sedan, I'm wondering how they are going to price them and what variants will we have for

Tata runs the risk of having too many models and their variants in a very narrow price band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thangu (Post 683331)
The ex-showroom price of DLG Turbo is 3,99,479 => 4.00, so they are charging the an extra 25k for the CRDI.

I am a little confused though as to whether this is the MJD or Tata's own Dicor which is doing duty in Indigo... Loooking at the picture displayed at the Expo it looks like the Tata's own Dicor (1398cc) and not the 1.3 MJD.

Likely it is Tata's own DICOR not FIAT engine. So that means that the new Indica, which will have both Tata's and FIAT's engine has to priced higher than this old Indica DICOR. Getz territory.

Then there is Indigo CS and "normal" Indigo which have to be priced higher then these, if only because they have boots.

I don't know quite how they are going to manage all this product+variant diversity, and why sustaining the old Indica DICOR is even necessary. They really need to simplify their portfolio sooner or later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSyn (Post 683428)
Likely it is Tata's own DICOR not FIAT engine. So that means that the new Indica, which will have both Tata's and FIAT's engine has to priced higher than this old Indica DICOR. Getz territory.

Then there is Indigo CS and "normal" Indigo which have to be priced higher then these, if only because they have boots.

I don't know quite how they are going to manage all this product+variant diversity, and why sustaining the old Indica DICOR is even necessary. They really need to simplify their portfolio sooner or later.

I guess every auto company in India is now hooked to the Maruti strategy. Have multiple products in the same price band. If it cannibalises the sale of other models in the portfolio, it also pulls in some sales from competitors. Considering that most of these cars are on similar platforms, the diversity in manufacturing them is manageable. As it is, automation in Indian factories is much lesser than in developed countries. Thus one can configure greater flexibility into the production lines.

can some post the pics please

From the pictures, it seems as if the Indigo CS is a sedan (or is it not?). Is it a sedan or a notchback, as previous reports mentioned?

CS = Compact sedan. It has the current Indica face minus the horrendous cladding. Even without seeing it I can see it to be quite handsome. The rear finally is looking good too.

The Nano and the V3 are certainly the stars, but the CS is a worthy underdog. Who knows, with that rear end it might just outsell the indigo soon.