Team-BHP - Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34073-tata-launches-new-indica-indigo-cs-indica-v2-dicor-sumo-grande-xenon-details-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 724022)
Slightly off-topic, but i dont remember even the people at ACI recommending the Indica to any prospective buyers. To the guys at ACI, everything starts and ends with the Logan and NHC.

True, I am tired of hearing Hormazd S going on and on about the Logan to every prospective mid price sedan buyer on the AutoShow

Has BS Motoring really been a Tata-baiter?

They were probably the first mag to praise the Safari. This guy Bijoy was part of the Safari team that took part in a rally from Europe to SE Asia in 1998. Bijoy used to contribute a piece about the rally (and about Safari) every week in BS Weekend whose last page was dedicated to automobiles before BS Motoring was launched.

I did not find BS Motoring good and so did not pay much attention to what it said; hence my question.

While I would not say that they have been Tata baiters, they have been sniggering on the sidelines about the Indica platform in general. Respect has come only in the last 1-1.5 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 723917)
What? They actually drive an Indica/go?

BS Motoring have always refused to talk about these cars, test them or recommend them. They were considered to low-brow.

Hmm, maybe the mags finally realized that the customers have voted with their feet long back, and its time they joined in!

PS: Do we have even ONE tbhpian/friend of ours who has a Indica DLX with airbags/ABS? Any one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 700718)

Hi,

Do you know what could be the price for this Tata Winger Executive?

V2 Dicor not available in Bangloare. Why any new strategy or just a site error. It is even available in Mangalore
Indica v2 Dicor: Pricing

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 744111)
V2 Dicor not available in Bangloare. Why any new strategy or just a site error. It is even available in Mangalore
Indica v2 Dicor: Pricing

it is available. website is not properly updated.now it is available with 31k discount also ( 17 + excise cut + 15 K cash discount). the ad is there in all papers yesterday and today( times and hindu)

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 724076)
Has BS Motoring really been a Tata-baiter?

They have been. They are a magazine that have allowed the personal biases of the top guys to flow over into their professional opinions, as a result of which you see them taking positions by the manufacturer, not by the vehicle. Pity, because they write well.

Thanks rkg. Going for test drive this weekend.

OT: Tatas were supposed to unveil their New Indigo at Geneva Motor Show. But still no news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 748759)
Thanks rkg. Going for test drive this weekend.

we test drove it some time in third week of feb at 5Pm on a Saturday. we were four in the car. we drove it intentionally below 1500 RPM at speeds of 20-35 KMPH with AC. the route was concorde-nimhans-lalbadh- double road-langford town-military hospital-bannerghatta road-dairy circle-concorde.
it was OK. it pulled easily with AC at that speeds in 3 rd gear.

But i think the roof top insulation is not good. it felt like a cloth below roof. just touch it you can feel the roof . it is totally different in my brothers marina. one can not feel the top. i do not know whether it is specific this model/car. check for this.

that day i guy said no discounts and it was 4.93. now within 15 days it is available for 4.6.( part of this 14K may be due to budget but what about 15 K cash discount offered now + additonal coporate discount also mentioned in papers). this i feel is very bad on the part of TATA

overall it is better than our marina with respect to drivability within city

There is news that The New Indica (code X1) has entered production line

http://www.*************/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3242

I googled for information but couldn't find any. Is the new true?

Can't access http://www.*************/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3242.
Any other link?

I think that link is for the overdrive forum. Had seen it couple of days ago.
It's just a member claiming that X1 is under production now. No sources quoted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 783737)
I think that link is for the overdrive forum. Had seen it couple of days ago.
It's just a member claiming that X1 is under production now. No sources quoted.

Yes. It is from that forum.
His comment was also seconded by another user who said that a new 1.5 NA diesel (I remember a scoop pic by tushky in which the New Indica's dashboard had a small sheet of paper saying 1.5 NA) along with 3 other engines (2 petrol and 1 diesel) will be launched and the dealers would start receiving cars from 3rd week of April.
I searched in Tata Motors' Media release but couldn't find any related article (which is pretty obvious, seeing that they don't comment about future models:deadhorse ). Google didn't help either.:Frustrati