Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata launches New Indica, Indigo CS, Indica V2 DICOR, Sumo Grande, Xenon. Details.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34073-tata-launches-new-indica-indigo-cs-indica-v2-dicor-sumo-grande-xenon-details-6.html)

prashanthyr 15th February 2008 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 724022)
Slightly off-topic, but i dont remember even the people at ACI recommending the Indica to any prospective buyers. To the guys at ACI, everything starts and ends with the Logan and NHC.

True, I am tired of hearing Hormazd S going on and on about the Logan to every prospective mid price sedan buyer on the AutoShow

directinjection 15th February 2008 15:20

Has BS Motoring really been a Tata-baiter?

They were probably the first mag to praise the Safari. This guy Bijoy was part of the Safari team that took part in a rally from Europe to SE Asia in 1998. Bijoy used to contribute a piece about the rally (and about Safari) every week in BS Weekend whose last page was dedicated to automobiles before BS Motoring was launched.

I did not find BS Motoring good and so did not pay much attention to what it said; hence my question.

indivic 15th February 2008 17:35

While I would not say that they have been Tata baiters, they have been sniggering on the sidelines about the Indica platform in general. Respect has come only in the last 1-1.5 years

phamilyman 15th February 2008 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 723917)
What? They actually drive an Indica/go?

BS Motoring have always refused to talk about these cars, test them or recommend them. They were considered to low-brow.

Hmm, maybe the mags finally realized that the customers have voted with their feet long back, and its time they joined in!

PS: Do we have even ONE tbhpian/friend of ours who has a Indica DLX with airbags/ABS? Any one?

vandanegalu 16th February 2008 19:06

What is the price

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 700718)

Hi,

Do you know what could be the price for this Tata Winger Executive?

TeddyBear 3rd March 2008 17:39

V2 Dicor not available in Bangloare?

V2 Dicor not available in Bangloare. Why any new strategy or just a site error. It is even available in Mangalore
Indica v2 Dicor: Pricing

rkg 6th March 2008 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 744111)
V2 Dicor not available in Bangloare. Why any new strategy or just a site error. It is even available in Mangalore
Indica v2 Dicor: Pricing

it is available. website is not properly updated.now it is available with 31k discount also ( 17 + excise cut + 15 K cash discount). the ad is there in all papers yesterday and today( times and hindu)

Steeroid 6th March 2008 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 724076)
Has BS Motoring really been a Tata-baiter?

They have been. They are a magazine that have allowed the personal biases of the top guys to flow over into their professional opinions, as a result of which you see them taking positions by the manufacturer, not by the vehicle. Pity, because they write well.

TeddyBear 6th March 2008 19:15

Thanks rkg. Going for test drive this weekend.

safari_lover 6th March 2008 21:59

OT: Tatas were supposed to unveil their New Indigo at Geneva Motor Show. But still no news.

rkg 7th March 2008 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 748759)
Thanks rkg. Going for test drive this weekend.

we test drove it some time in third week of feb at 5Pm on a Saturday. we were four in the car. we drove it intentionally below 1500 RPM at speeds of 20-35 KMPH with AC. the route was concorde-nimhans-lalbadh- double road-langford town-military hospital-bannerghatta road-dairy circle-concorde.
it was OK. it pulled easily with AC at that speeds in 3 rd gear.

But i think the roof top insulation is not good. it felt like a cloth below roof. just touch it you can feel the roof . it is totally different in my brothers marina. one can not feel the top. i do not know whether it is specific this model/car. check for this.

that day i guy said no discounts and it was 4.93. now within 15 days it is available for 4.6.( part of this 14K may be due to budget but what about 15 K cash discount offered now + additonal coporate discount also mentioned in papers). this i feel is very bad on the part of TATA

overall it is better than our marina with respect to drivability within city

aslambhai 3rd April 2008 11:18

New Indica hits production line?

There is news that The New Indica (code X1) has entered production line

http://www.*************/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3242

I googled for information but couldn't find any. Is the new true?

directinjection 4th April 2008 15:21

Can't access http://www.*************/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3242.
Any other link?

safari_lover 4th April 2008 15:56

I think that link is for the overdrive forum. Had seen it couple of days ago.
It's just a member claiming that X1 is under production now. No sources quoted.

aslambhai 4th April 2008 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 783737)
I think that link is for the overdrive forum. Had seen it couple of days ago.
It's just a member claiming that X1 is under production now. No sources quoted.

Yes. It is from that forum.
His comment was also seconded by another user who said that a new 1.5 NA diesel (I remember a scoop pic by tushky in which the New Indica's dashboard had a small sheet of paper saying 1.5 NA) along with 3 other engines (2 petrol and 1 diesel) will be launched and the dealers would start receiving cars from 3rd week of April.
I searched in Tata Motors' Media release but couldn't find any related article (which is pretty obvious, seeing that they don't comment about future models:deadhorse ). Google didn't help either.:Frustrati