Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 21:35   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Suman, The first two photographs dont seem to exist.. The last one works..
Its working now.. Sorry..
Old 10th October 2007, 22:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics.Captiva Is Handsome SUV,But Looks more Sporty In Silver colour.
Old 10th October 2007, 22:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Suman Sir, the car looks awesome, much much much better then the CRV.

NC - You are going to like this more then the CRV i am sure
Old 11th October 2007, 08:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys! Busa, you are dead right, it looks real good, I just hope they get the pricing right - it would kill the competition by a mile if they did so.

I also wonder when the Outlander is going to hit our shores - another good looker!
Old 11th October 2007, 11:05   #80
BHPian

Wow these are very nice pics and more closer to reality than the pics I saw in Autoindia ( Feb 07 issue).
yes the scoop carried the news that they have a petrol engine too in the arsenal and may be launched in two trims here and diesel will have three trims , perhaps GM standard - LS, LT & then LTX which may be exclusive diesel ( 150 bhp, 5 speed AT, cruise control , sunroof, optional 18" alloys, standard 17", projector headlamps ( seen in pics too), music control buttons on steering etc. etc.) thats the one which may be priced around 20 lakhs. Other lower variants should be starting from 15 onwards. hope its engine is as silk smooth as the new Endeavour!
Old 16th October 2007, 01:20   #81
BHPian

Hey I was driving behind the Captiva a few days ago and managed about 3-4 pictures of it from different angles. Only thing is I cant figure out how to upload them. Help please!
Old 16th October 2007, 02:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

would love to see the pictures anantnehru.
you could go to ImageShack® - Hosting select the picture choose the size you want displayed. right click and copy and paste it here. hope this helps
Old 16th October 2007, 06:24   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hey I was driving behind the Captiva a few days ago and managed about 3-4 pictures of it from different angles. Only thing is I cant figure out how to upload them. Help please!
Reading the Team-bhp FAQ will solve your problem..

By the way, the bangalore dealer too mentioned that it will be 20L. Does not make sense at all.. Why bother launching it at that price?

Last edited by rangaraj : 16th October 2007 at 06:26.
Old 16th October 2007, 07:25   #84
BHPian

I saw the captiva in baroda today. Didnt get time to take pictures as it passed by very quickly, but it had the same registration number GJ 17 XXXX. Must say, its a nice looking SUV.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:00   #85
BHPian

Hi Friends. Captiva has been coming since quite some time back. Now sightings are reported like that of UFOs. Anyone can please, shoot it and catch someone there and interrogate please. Please, share transcripts- no interpretations as it often leads to speculations.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when this will be launched ? Last I heard (read about it actually), it was supposed to be early 2008.
Old 24th October 2007, 09:12   #87
BHPian

Today's Economic Times says it will be launched in Jan 2008 Auto Show.
Link: Article Window
Old 30th October 2007, 10:21   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, saw a Captiva yesterday when I'd gone to drop my kids to their music lessons in DLF Phase IV. It was a GJ registration so it seems like its already here. I have a few pics that I'll upload later on (on my phone & don't have the bluetooth here in the Office , should have done it last evening itself from home )
Spotted the silver Captiva with GJ 17 XXXX regn. on my way to work today in Gurgaon. It took a u-turn outside DLF golf course and was heading towards MG Road. I was ahead and slowed down to get a better view and the guy gunned it and before I knew it - he was already at the Sushant Lok turning. Looked nicely proportioned and had a flowing design and I suspect this car would do quite well if they price it below the Endeavour.

The one thing that got me wondering though - Suman spotted the truck 25 days ago in a Phase IV, pretty close to where I saw the car today. I don't know if any car manufacturer would keep testing their vehicle in the same location for an extended period. Could this be a direct import and some avg. joe keeps driving it to work at 9 in the morning and we keep thinking that it is a test vehicle?

No Pics. I don't use the camera on my phone.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
The one thing that got me wondering though - Suman spotted the truck 25 days ago in a Phase IV, pretty close to where I saw the car today. I don't know if any car manufacturer would keep testing their vehicle in the same location for an extended period. Could this be a direct import and some avg. joe keeps driving it to work at 9 in the morning and we keep thinking that it is a test vehicle?

No Pics. I don't use the camera on my phone.
I suspect that this is in all probability a company car belonging to one of GM's managemement honchos of the North region. And that is why it is being seen here regularly.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I suspect that this is in all probability a company car belonging to one of GM's managemement honchos of the North region. And that is why it is being seen here regularly.
Yup, that was my feeling as well -
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
so it looks like they're testing them across the country (probably their senior employees are being made to do the R&D)?
What better way to get feedback than from their own employees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Suman spotted the truck 25 days ago in a Phase IV, pretty close to where I saw the car today.
I saw it on the 2nd of September actually, posted the pics quite late.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks