Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 21:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Looks good to me. Hopefully should perform as good as it looks if not better. What about the derriere?
Old 9th January 2008, 22:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

The grill is BAD!

Otherwise, it appears to be a fine car.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:06   #18
BHPian

looks good , hope it will give hard time to the SWIFT and GETZ.Tomorrow is the big day for TATA , People car launch at 1 lakh big project cheapest car in the world.I hope the new Indica will be a world beater.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:07   #19
BHPian

Old 9th January 2008, 23:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle View Post
^^^ How bout mix of Peugeot 207 (just the headlights) and Indica V2?
thats true,but grill could be better looking.Are other profiles similar to that of old indica?? Any interior pics??
Old 9th January 2008, 23:43   #21
BHPian

Side Profile!!!

Last edited by redcandle : 9th January 2008 at 23:45.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:43   #22
BHPian

Looks pretty cool......except the small wheels!

Last edited by redcandle : 9th January 2008 at 23:45.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:58   #23
BHPian

Source
http:// i n d i m o t o .com/blog//index.php/2008/01/09/new_tata_indica_x1_auto_expo_2008_launch

Note: For some reason this site is not letting me enter "i n d i m o t o" and hence I had to put a space in the source url.

Last edited by redcandle : 10th January 2008 at 00:01.
Old 10th January 2008, 00:01   #24
BHPian

I was expecting a dramatic redesign, from what I have seen so far this seems more like a facelift. The Indica has been super successful and is so old now, how many years is it? TATA really should refresh this car and not sit on the success. That's how you lose out, sell the old one to call centres.
Old 10th January 2008, 00:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey! The car looks quite like the older one, but with subtle changes rather than an all new car! Imo, the grille looks bad, and the tires are too small! Don't u guys think its about time the tata guys stopped making all of their cars smile! Btw, can we expect the fiat diesel in this one too?
Old 10th January 2008, 00:05   #26
BHPian

NEW INDICA (X1) mini review!!

Quote:
Tata Motors kept the buzz going around its stall at the Auto Expo 2008 by unveiling the new Indica (code named X1) on the first day. The new Indica will come into the market by the middle of 2008 and would sell alaongside the current Indica but with a different name. The new Indica is light years ahead of the current Indica in terms of design and performance. It has a more proportionate and sporty stance with the front end getting extra stretched headlamps and a larger grille.

The car looks like its the old Indica on steroids, its pumped up. The new Indica would compete with the premium B segment hatchbacks including the Getz, Swift, Aveo-UVA and Palio. The interiors are still under development and were not opened to the media at the expo however the instrument cluster has been moved to the center, a trend which i dont quite approve of for more reasons than one.

The new Indica is longer and wider than the current model with more legroom inside. The new Indica would be powered by a 1.3 litre quadra jet common rail diesel engine (sourced from Fiat and the same engine which does duty in the Swift) and a 1.2 litre VVT petrol engine which would be manufactured at the Fiat-tata plant at Ranjangaon in Maharashtra. The new Indica would have larger 14 inch wheels with 175/65 spec tubeless tyres and finally the tyres fill up the wheelarch unlike the current Indica. The new Indica is likely to be priced between Rs.4 - 5 lakh and would be launched by the middle of 2008.
I am sure the new Indica would be a success no matter what its called but Tata Motors would need to keep in check the small niggling problems which crop up and the fit and finish which was not upto the mark on their show car at the Auto Expo (see picture of door rubber beading coming off)
Source: http:// i n d i m o t o .com/blog//index.php/2008/01/09/new_tata_indica_x1_auto_expo_2008_launch (without the spaces in the url)
Old 10th January 2008, 00:06   #27
BHPian

Hope the beading issue is just cosmetic to this display model!!
Old 10th January 2008, 00:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I was expecting a dramatic redesign, from what I have seen so far this seems more like a facelift. The Indica has been super successful and is so old now, how many years is it? TATA really should refresh this car and not sit on the success. That's how you lose out, sell the old one to call centres.

There is major technical change to the car.
Old 10th January 2008, 00:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle View Post
Hope the beading issue is just cosmetic to this display model!!
Oh my, Tata plans to sell this car at a premium at Swift, Palio prices. What will happen to Fiat now.
Old 10th January 2008, 00:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Gosh! If this is the build quality that tata has managed for the new indica, then, we'll all soon be singing praises about the swift's build quality!
i sincerely hope tata manages to sort out all its quality problems before launch, coz if the new car also goes through the v2, 2.1.... Series, then, its gonna be a tough game ahead for tata.

Most Viewed