Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 09:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

There are subtle changes to the tailgate and the taillamp cluster and its good that they did not alter much, in keeping with the original character of the smiling car.
Old 15th January 2008, 09:59   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
There are subtle changes to the tailgate and the taillamp cluster and its good that they did not alter much, in keeping with the original character of the smiling car.
A very neat evolution of the current Indica.

However it also looks a lot like the Indica which may not work in Tata's favour considering the fact that they are planning to send it with the current Indica.

Last edited by khanak : 15th January 2008 at 10:01.
Old 15th January 2008, 10:07   #123
BHPian

An intresting thought: Will the current indica be stopped? Not sure - since the Indica Dicor is also launched. Looks like Indica dicor would the entry level and the New indica will be the premium segment.

Now, thats where i am confused. If Tata has named this as the "NEW Indica", it means the old one would be phased out. I mean, look at any other manufacturer - when a new Honda Accord is launched, the old ones goes. There is no name change to distinguish the "new Indica" and the "old indica". Three years down the road, the "new Indica" is no longer new. Then we would have to say Indica QuadraJet for the premium one, and Indica Dicor for the base one. Somehow, this does not seem right. For this reason, i feel Tatas are planning to discontinue the old Indica.

OR, they have to change the name or add some kind of a sub-name like in the case of Accent Viva.
Old 15th January 2008, 10:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

It is much less cab-forwardish than the current Indica. Which is good for the new Indigo, which will probably look better integrated.
And the high beltline looks good too.
Old 15th January 2008, 11:40   #125
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
An intresting thought: Will the current indica be stopped? Not sure - since the Indica Dicor is also launched. Looks like Indica dicor would the entry level and the New indica will be the premium segment.

Now, thats where i am confused. If Tata has named this as the "NEW Indica", it means the old one would be phased out. I mean, look at any other manufacturer - when a new Honda Accord is launched, the old ones goes. There is no name change to distinguish the "new Indica" and the "old indica". Three years down the road, the "new Indica" is no longer new. Then we would have to say Indica QuadraJet for the premium one, and Indica Dicor for the base one. Somehow, this does not seem right. For this reason, i feel Tatas are planning to discontinue the old Indica.

OR, they have to change the name or add some kind of a sub-name like in the case of Accent Viva.
deep, the name is yet to be decided for the new indica or code X1. It will not be named as new indica. The existing with dicor engine will be an entry level and this X1 will compete against swift and getz and fabia maybe.
Old 15th January 2008, 12:10   #126
tez
BHPian

anshuman, can u specify why you are saying that palio is an outdated car. Engine wise, they have the a good diesel engine. Looks are always subjective.
Old 15th January 2008, 13:24   #127
Senior - BHPian

The car was looking good with those huge head lamps.
I can see a big gap between the front fender and door. Is it extraordinary photography or TATA's fault..?

Speedo in the center.

Last edited by kpzen : 15th January 2008 at 13:25.
Old 15th January 2008, 14:06   #128
tez
BHPian

is the speedo clearly visible when you are driving or do you need to lean slightly to your left to clear make your the reading.
Old 15th January 2008, 14:18   #129
BHPian

I think Pailio 1.3 MJD will require interior improvement, otherwise Indica X1 will eat into Palio's share. Palio should have fresh dashboard, ABS, Airbags (last two as options atleast). I really wonder what Fiat is getting out of joint venture. I think Fiat will concentrate on Grande Punto & Linea. It has given up on Palio.
Old 15th January 2008, 14:54   #130
BHPian

I remember BMW, a few years back sold 2 generations of the 3 series simultaneously. The old generation only came in certain body styles and base engines adn the current generation came in the most popular body style with higher displacement engines. Is Tata trying something similar here?
Old 15th January 2008, 15:14   #131
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
I think Pailio 1.3 MJD will require interior improvement, otherwise Indica X1 will eat into Palio's share. Palio should have fresh dashboard, ABS, Airbags (last two as options atleast). I really wonder what Fiat is getting out of joint venture. I think Fiat will concentrate on Grande Punto & Linea. It has given up on Palio.
It would be big mistake if they give up on Palio. If priced right with optional ABS + Airbags, it has the capacity to eat into Swift DDiS share.
Old 15th January 2008, 17:27   #132
BHPian

Just wondering. Why is that now a days the instrument panel(odo/speedo etc) is kept at the center? Wont it put any strain on the driver to see what speed he is driving and what rpm etc?? What is the advantage the OEMs get out of shifting them to the center like in Nano or Indica X1...
Old 15th January 2008, 17:29   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
Just wondering. Why is that now a days the instrument panel(odo/speedo etc) is kept at the center? Wont it put any strain on the driver to see what speed he is driving and what rpm etc?? What is the advantage the OEMs get out of shifting them to the center like in Nano or Indica X1...
its is much cheap for producing in LHD and RHD. that is the main thing. the indica would probably also be sold in some LHD markets.
Old 15th January 2008, 17:33   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
its is much cheap for producing in LHD and RHD. that is the main thing. the indica would probably also be sold in some LHD markets.
You hit the bulls eye man... It didn't strike me about the RH and LH parts. So it is a cost effective design eyeing their exports. Kudos to them.
But still it may not be a great idea on the part of the driver who will be strained. Hope they have conducted ergonomics study on this new design.
Old 15th January 2008, 17:38   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
But still it may not be a great idea on the part of the driver who will be strained. Hope they have conducted ergonomics study on this new design.
I really cant figure out all this hungama about the centre console. We heard this on the Logan thread too. Trust me guys - its actually better than the one behind your steering wheel. I've driven several vehicles with the centre console including some minivans and I personally felt they were quite okay - you didnt really have to take your eyes off the road like you have to for the regular instrument console.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks