Team-BHP - Hyundai i10-CNBC TV-18 COTY 2008
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai i10-CNBC TV-18 COTY 2008 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34089-hyundai-i10-cnbc-tv-18-coty-2008-a.html)

Guys, CNBC TV-18 has crowned Hyundai i10 COTY 2008

SX4-Viewers car of the year, VFM car of the year
Honda Civic- Executive car of the year
Optra Magnum Diesel-Variant of the year
Bajaj XCD 125 DTS-Si BOTY
Jagadish Khattar-Man of the Year

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 683204)
Optra Magnum Diesel-Variant of the year

The Swift DDIS would have been a more deserving winner in this category IMHO.

The rest seem fair enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnt. (Post 683221)
The Swift DDIS would have been a more deserving winner in this category IMHO.

The rest seem fair enough.

Yeah!!! Atleast they could have awarded the Swift DDiS as the variant of the year! And am not too much convinced by the COTY. It had to be the SX4

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 683256)
Yeah!!! Atleast they could have awarded the Swift DDiS as the variant of the year! And am not too much convinced by the COTY. It had to be the SX4

COTY must have been a close call between the SX4 and the i10. The i10 was a wise decision IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnt. (Post 683262)
COTY must have been a close call between the SX4 and the i10. The i10 was a wise decision IMO.

i10 would have been fine if it was a 30-40k cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 683266)
i10 would have been fine if it was a 30-40k cheaper.

Well, the car has to be judged independent from the price tag. Anyways, I'm not of the opinion that it is that badly overpriced. IMO, it is worth the premium that it commands over the Santro. Having TD some of the cars in this range, I found it an outright winner in the segment.

Swift DDiS deserves to be the variant of the year. That is evident in the sales.

Optra TCDi, although brilliant hasn't made a huge difference in the sales charts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnt. (Post 683273)
IMO, it is worth the premium that it commands over the Santro

agree:

i10 deserve the award because its worth for the money!

Maruti is going economy way its main strength is pricing but compromising things like quality, reliability and life. so neither Swift nor SX4 deserve top awards like this.

If we consider only from economy and cheap pricing point of view yes SX4 is best VFM car.

If i10 had priced 30-40k less it would have missed that quality :)

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 683305)
Swift DDiS deserves to be the variant of the year. That is evident in the sales.

Optra TCDi, although brilliant hasn't made a huge difference in the sales charts.

agree:

Precisely. The Swift DDIS had to be the variant of the year. Just a glance at the sales charts would have told them that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 683308)
Maruti is going economy way its main strength is pricing but compromising things like quality, reliability and life. so neither Swift nor SX4 deserve top awards like this.

If we consider only from economy and cheap pricing point of view yes SX4 is best VFM car.

If i10 had priced 30-40k less it would have missed that quality :)

Maruti reliability has always been top notch. A pre 2000 Zen will tell you the story better.

And regarding i10's price, I would have liked the same quality at 30-40k lesser. This price tag would have been justified if it had atleast an all new 1199cc(<1200cc) engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 683319)
Maruti reliability has always been top notch. A pre 2000 Zen will tell you the story better.

Except for the rattles (:Frustrati) and the plastics! However, the mechanicals are very much reliable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 683319)

My 97' model carb Zen has fewer rattles than my friend's 4 month old Swift Ldi. Maruti build quality has certainly gone downhill.

I really don't think the swift diesel should be variant of the year. The best part of the car is its engine which is a fiat unit. The build quality is pathetic,and its quite overpriced for whatever pathetic little equipment it offers. Agreed, it sells like hot cakes, but do we really have a decent alternative in that segment? And i don't think sales figures are a criterion for the awards.

I totally agree with JayD, he stole my words.

I would've appreciated Maruti, if they had sorted out built,quality issues in DDiS as they had got enough complaints in petrol versions. Had they done it,may be it affected thier profit.
Here Maruti is a clear winner as they made money on this car and didn't improve it give back to customer who bought/buying it.
and other thing also become clear that, India doesn't mind to live with qulaity issues, all we want is VFM/car at low price.

I think GM did great job with Optra TDCi, it deserves it award

Cheers
Anju

Don't forget, India is a price-sensitive market. In developing countries, price is infact, the most important point.
And also, don't forget that Swift has an award winning engine, although it was designed by Fiat-GM.