Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 10:02   #211
BHPian

Cool job guys Steer/kpzen and others,,,

I really missed the Auto expo for personal reasons. Your coverage helped me(us) for virtual tour of expo..

Hyundai avante(new Elantra) is 1.5 years old in USA. I have driven it as rental car. But for Indian customers it may not be attractive model. from rear it looks like corolla, Nice subtle curves but its too late bring that model in India. Probably they'ld have launched that two years back.

Was i20/i30 was at display ?

I 'd love to seeGM bringing Cadillac to India. I simply love their desgins.

Did Mahindra display Ingenio ?

Cheers
Anju
Old 18th January 2008, 10:59   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I overheard someone it was some fake Chinese Nikon with flash.
NiCon, LBM. Get your spelling right

Jokes apart it is an old (relatively) Nikon D50 with standard 18-55 Nikkor lens, 70-300 Nikkor telephoto and 10-20 Sigma wideangle with an SPB800. The flash was used only on the Fiat stand because the cars were built like tanks and therefore very difficult to capture.

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th January 2008 at 11:06.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:01   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Let me try this:

BLS = Accord/Camry/Passat territory

CTS = C Class/3 Series territory

STS = E Class/5 Series/A6 territory

DTS = S Class/A8/7 Series territory

Or so GM would like to think. Some Americans agree, the rest of the world is still skeptical though truth to be said their quality levels have gone up in recent years and the cars are truly impressive now.

the segments of the cadillac are good
i wonder why they are still struggling even after such nice positioning of their cars?
Old 18th January 2008, 11:08   #214
BHPian

hey guys just an off topic question: was watching the news last evening dont remember which one... where the headlines for Auto Expo read : "Coming up 7 crore ki BIke auto expo mein* i dont know how did they figure that out.

When the news came up... they showed 2007 The Fiat Yamaha M1.

Just a question to avid bikers and motogp followers.... what on earth does that bike has to have a 7 crore price tag?? Or was the news channel not aware of MOTOgp? I mean carbon fibre body, GYRT exhaust and fully tweaked engine to churn out 220hp+ could be more to that machine too that i dont know of, Or was it that Rossi Rode the Bike?

Anyws it was hilarious... i could be mad on laughing at this matter tooo...but sorry guys
Old 18th January 2008, 11:27   #215
BHPian

I also saw that bike in one news channel but that was telling Rs 1 crore bike. They told that this bike belongs to one MotorBike world champion(I do not remember the name) who won 7 bikes races on that bike.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:38   #216
BHPian

Quote:
NiCon, LBM. Get your spelling right

Jokes apart it is an old (relatively) Nikon D50 with standard 18-55 Nikkor lens, 70-300 Nikkor telephoto and 10-20 Sigma wideangle with an SPB800. The flash was used only on the Fiat stand because the cars were built like tanks and therefore very difficult to capture.
How modest!!
Thats great! Any old or new SLR out does any new P&S.
I asked coz ur pics are way better than most auto show pics i've seen.
What mode did ya snap the pics, as in, auto mode or Av mode?
Also the flash, ruined the back ground and highlights of the car when I used it.
I'd taken my soap box along got some ok pics with it. was a fish market though, difficult even to keep the cam still for a 3 secs for framing without some one pushing ya! u can check em out here My flickr
And I was very put off by the attitude of the BMW guys, they let one in to the stall but the mangers didnt let any one snap or even check the car out properly and were made to walk out the stall quickly. And when some one tried to snap they jumped right between the cam and the car. Sad. Didn't understand whether they were selling cars or shooing away people!
Old 18th January 2008, 15:08   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
How modest!!!
Not really - the pictures dont do justice to all that equipment. There are people here who can manage better pics with lesser equipment - even with pointnshoots. I'm still learning and I lack patience. I'm not being modest, just straightforward.
Old 18th January 2008, 15:57   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
- Electronic Ticketing system:

As someone who's done that route often, I must say those are horrendously expensive fares.
Old 18th January 2008, 16:05   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Not really - the pictures dont do justice to all that equipment. There are people here who can manage better pics with lesser equipment - even with pointnshoots. I'm still learning and I lack patience. I'm not being modest, just straightforward.
You were modest there.
Most people brag about the pics just coz they have a dSLR, and u've got quite a line up of glass too!
But then a dSLR gets more attention from the models too.
I'm learning too with my soap box, i used Aperture priority mode with F 2.8 and iso 100/200 & fluorescent white balance w/o flash to get some ok results, could have been a lot better. I snapped the pic as soon as it fit well in the view finder fearing being elbowed any moment! so orientation isnt fine with most of the pics.
But most people i noticed there with S5IS/H5 even a D80 on auto mode which didnt really do justice with their extreme camera! i did stop to tell them, few didnt even know wat a F stop was.
Your pics are better than most around'
Old 18th January 2008, 18:18   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
But most people i noticed there with S5IS/H5 even a D80 on auto mode which didnt really do justice with their extreme camera! i did stop to tell them, few didnt even know wat a F stop was.
I have a D70s and I have never click more than 10 photos in the whole usage of the camera till now in automode. I do it manually . It take one or two shot to get it perfect.
Old 18th January 2008, 19:27   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I have a D70s and I have never click more than 10 photos in the whole usage of the camera till now in automode. I do it manually . It take one or two shot to get it perfect.
Yeh. Thats what most do when one has a proper camera.
For low light Av does well, if one chooses a fast aperture, luckily the DoF for fast aperture in a P&S is reasonably deep enough or a car!
Unless u have a tripod, one cant use slow shutter at the auto show or any expo..
Old 18th January 2008, 20:41   #222
BHPian

straight forward, that what i meant there.
Old 18th January 2008, 22:51   #223
Senior - BHPian

A few more pictures from Ishaan Daruwalla's cam. He is probably too sozzled to post.

Park & Ride

Three Men and an Auto

Some people need a phone implant in their brains

I Spy With My Lil Eye - A Yetimobile (TM)

Waiting for our passes outside

This part (the passes, i.e) of the program was sponsored by
Old 20th January 2008, 13:43   #224
BHPian

the Framing, of all your pics is good.
may be you didnt spend all that much time with the other setting but the framing & orientation are really good.
Old 21st January 2008, 15:33   #225
BHPian

Thank you very much dude...
Felt like participating in the show.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks