Team-BHP - My Pictorial Auto Expo 2008 report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My Pictorial Auto Expo 2008 report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34141-my-pictorial-auto-expo-2008-report.html)

Yes, they stole the thunder from Honda next door!

With some outstanding concepts with that feature some truly outrageous execution, Hyundai stole the thunder from Honda just behind them and pulled in the crowds.

Here's the QarmaQ

Looks like a cross between a shoe and a frog.

Did the tyres melt?

Oh my that looks absolutely stunning.

What are the tire specs? And those tires look crazy.

Honda has got its regular models here, i think, if anyone would want to see something from Honda, they can visit their showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 684835)
Looks like a cross between a shoe and a frog.

Good analogy. It really looks like one.

well they can bring all kinds of impractical concepts. proof of the pudding is in what they launch.

right now, i see them getting relegated to small position in the indian market.

santa fe under 10l could be a start for them.

Quote:

santa fe under 10l could be a start for them.
Santa Fe under 10Lacs will be possible the day the CRV is costing under 10 lacs. Common be practical, how can any company give a full sized SUV with 2.2L CRDi engine for less then 18Lacs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 684842)
Common be practical, how can any company give a full sized SUV with 2.2L CRDi engine for less then 18Lacs?

It's called the Tata Safari. They said the same thing about 1 lakh and a road car, and guess what, it's called the Tata Nano!

The winner of Auto Expo 2008, and probably all of 2008, heck the last 10 years of Indian motoring, is Tata.

The Velostar concept:

Quote:

It's called the Tata Safari. They said the same thing about 1 lakh and a road car, and guess what, it's called the Tata Nano!
Tata Safari maybe good, but its not as good as Santa Fe. Santa Fe is a different ball game together and at that level of equipment and engineering, its impossible to price it below 10Lacs. I am no hyundai_lover, not hyundai spoke person, but think practically, its not possible. If it is then i am more happy then any of you :)

@ Steer - That Concept is hot, not the hyundai concept :p

The exhaust is directly out of the Veyron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 684847)
Tata Safari maybe good, but its not as good as Santa Fe. Santa Fe is a different ball game together and at that level of equipment and engineering, its impossible to price it below 10Lacs. I am no hyundai_lover, not hyundai spoke person, but think practically, its not possible. If it is then i am more happy then any of you :)

I dont see why it is not practical? care to explain..

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 684848)
I dont see why it is not practical? care to explain..

Its not practical because the Santa FE is not a soft roader, its bigger then Tucson/CRV/GV/Captiva

Read more here

And less then 10Lacs, if they can launch then ill be the first buyer.

Avante - Is that the new Elantra? I think so.

Wow, they are calling the new Elantra as Avante. More details please Steer? Does it have a diesel? Price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 684855)
Wow, they are calling the new Elantra as Avante. More details please Steer? Does it have a diesel? Price?

2.0 VTT Petrol, 2.something CRDi

Price = 10-ish.

Thank you Steeroid for these pictures. Too bad the Genesis wasn't there, would have been nice for destroying the morale amongst other manufacturers.