Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 01:47   #76
BHPian

I just looked up some pictures of the Tiguan....anyone know when they will launch those in india and what price range?
Old 25th January 2008, 08:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I just looked up some pictures of the Tiguan....anyone know when they will launch those in india and what price range?
And the price range? Is it likely to be close to Passat price or around the CRV price?
Old 25th January 2008, 09:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Ideally, the Tiguan should slot in between the Jetta and the Passat. IIRC, some auto mag had said around 20L.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:58   #79
BHPian

Jetta will be priced at Rs 14 lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
do you think VW is capable of pricing Jetta in the price range of camry,skoda superb?

this happens to be my fear
The Jetta will be priced at Rs 14 lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore. This information is from the dealer. However, I am afraid if the 1.6L petrol engine will go with this price tag. The VW site has confirmed that the Jetta will have 1.6L petrol and 1.9 TDI. I have been tracking this like a fanatic.

Straight from the horse’s mouth « Omatunto

However, it doesn't look like my dreams will realize as the Honda Civic in the purchase radar.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:37   #80
BHPian

VW strategy

I strongly doubt if VW would put the Jetta less than the Laura. Globally even the cheaper (than Jetta) VW Golf (it is the hatchback version of Jetta) is more expensive than the Laura (new Octavia) and the jetta is more expensive than the golf. Bits and pieces of info suggest that Skoda is working on increasing the local content of the laura. As evidently seen over the last 18 months, we have seen price cuts on the Skoda laura and superb models. Also so called lower versions hav been launched and prices much lower than what is justified for the cut in the features or spec. For instance the prices of the Laura L&K dont match the diff in cost viz-a viz the additional features offered on the Elegance or Ambiente. Same is the case with superb., a price cut of Rs. 2.5 lac was done with only the sunroof removed!!!! (this was done to Accomodate the passat between the Superb and Audi A4).

Already Laura sales have overtaken that of the Octavia. Now Laura will cannibalize the Octy, and allow it to suffer a natural death. Cheaper versions of Laura 'll come in and existing models 'll get price cuts (gradually say like 20000 - 30000 over 3 - 4 months for the next 9 months - 1 year.) The new superb 'll be launched such that there is enough space for the Passat and the Jetta.

In about 1 year the (ex showroom) pricing of VW group 'll be like

Skoda Fabia 5-7 lac

9-12 lac A new sedan based on the polo/fabia is being devoloped

Skoda Laura 12.5-17.0 lac

VW Jetta 16 - 19 lac

Skoda Superb 20-24 lac

VW Passat 22-26 lac

VW Tiguan SUV 24 - 28 Lac

Audi A4 30-34 lac
Old 26th January 2008, 00:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

i think only th VW tiguan is priced very well
Old 28th January 2008, 01:59   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316kmph View Post

Skoda Fabia 5-7 lac

VW Jetta 16 - 19 lac

Skoda Superb 20-24 lac

VW Passat 22-26 lac

Audi A4 30-34 lac
Perhaps this is what VW would like to see, but pricing will also be driven by competitive pressure.

I personally would go for the VW Golf at 9-10 lakh, but that's not on the radar is it?
Old 29th January 2008, 15:34   #83
BHPian

Probably if the Indian model Octavia is discontinued (which looks unlikely though)
The laura will take its place but may not be called octavia.
I wonder why they call it laura here. check out Skoda's Czeck web site the Laura is actually the upgraded 2006 version Octavia. I guess here india they didnt want to meddle with the old ocativia's popularity and cash in big time on the Upgraded version calling it laura instead of selling it at octavia's price.
I even remember seeing the Laura (called the new ocatvia not the laura) in overdrive or auto India in mid 2005, but it was test driven in Europe where it was manufactured. but later it was launched as the Laura at a much higher price tag.
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
The Jetta will be priced at Rs 14 lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore. This information is from the dealer. However, I am afraid if the 1.6L petrol engine will go with this price tag. The VW site has confirmed that the Jetta will have 1.6L petrol and 1.9 TDI. I have been tracking this like a fanatic.

Straight from the horse’s mouth « Omatunto

However, it doesn't look like my dreams will realize as the Honda Civic in the purchase radar.

I dont think VW will price Jetta at 14 L. Was nt it supposed to be priced
above Honda City? If 1.6 is priced around 9-10 ( with all features) and
1.9TDI around 11.50 L , then it MIGHT sell. But i somehow didnt find it that
good looking.
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I dont think VW will price Jetta at 14 L. Was nt it supposed to be priced
above Honda City? If 1.6 is priced around 9-10 ( with all features) and
1.9TDI around 11.50 L , then it MIGHT sell. But i somehow didnt find it that
good looking.
I am sure Jetta will be priced in the range of 14Lakhs. Would be above Civic an corolla. And about looks, I feel it has got pure executive look. I have a pic of Jetta taken in the US, it looks pretty. (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1912/dsc01743in5.jpg)
As far as I know Jetta is going to be 1.8L petrol and 2L diesel in India.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:17   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Laura is being entirely repositioned to take over from the Octavia. The Jetta will almost certainly be priced in the 15 - 16 lakh price bracket.
Old 26th February 2008, 16:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i think only th VW tiguan is priced very well
priced well? 24-38 lacs for a tiny SUV?
We need to be careful what ideas we give car manufacturers through this forum. 20 lacs is $50,000 - you really deserve to get an exceptional car for that money. Yes taxes in India are high on cars but its the same on your income. 20 lacs is a lot of money for a car by any standard. VW will be fool hardy to price the Tiguan beyond the Captiva, CRV price range - and I think those two are over-priced as it is!
As for the Jetta I really dont think it can cost more than the Accord in India. It should be the same or marginally more than the Civic and Corolla. Otherwise, with its plain jane looks, its not going to sell.

Last edited by StarScream : 26th February 2008 at 16:10. Reason: addition
Old 5th March 2008, 14:54   #88
BHPian

RE: jetta and tiguan

Both seem to be exhorbitantly priced. so these are also out my list
Old 25th March 2008, 22:09   #89
BHPian

I wrote to VW about the launch of the Jetta in India and here's what I got from the GM Sales and Dealer development:

Thank you for your mail. The new VW Jetta will be launched in India by July 2008 .
There will be introduced in petrol as well as diesel versions ( Manual as well as automatic Transmissions. )
With Best Regards,

I subsequently asked him for the indicative price but no response! I think VW will learn pricing lessons from its sister Skoda and avoid over pricing!

Cheers
Old 27th March 2008, 10:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316kmph View Post

Skoda Fabia 5-7 lac

VW Jetta 16 - 19 lac

Skoda Superb 20-24 lac

VW Passat 22-26 lac

Audi A4 30-34 lac
I think Tiguan wont be above 20 Lakh Ex Showroom and 20-24 for a Superb is Superb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks