Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 01:00   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
You get German quality with VAG cars rather than gizmos.

If you want a car that will last then you can't beat a VW. Yes Honda and Toyota give you gizmos but what use are they in a car that will never last as long as a VW. I would rather have a solid car that lasts a long time than something with gizmos.

The Jetta / Bora is nothing wow to look at.
VW don;t have the same quality they used to be earlier.
In US Passats have lost a major market because of quality problems.
VAG has huge labor expenses and their products lately are not competitive.

And who said Jap cars don;t last. They are the most reliable, and practical cars world over.

Almost all VAG cars have lost their popularity / price premium. Even Merc quality is bad these days. The only german cars which have their charms and quality still maintained are the BMWs.
Old 24th June 2008, 01:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
And who said Jap cars don;t last. They are the most reliable, and practical cars world over.
Maybe things will change but I still see far more 20 year old VAG cars on the road than old Hondas and Toyotas. Not seen an old Nissan for donkeys years. There must be a reason why there are so few old Jap cars on UK roads. They certainly sell enough so going by sales you should expect to see quite a lot of these still on the road. Maybe they are not reliable. Nissans used to have a rusting reputation.
Old 24th June 2008, 06:19   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
There must be a reason why there are so few old Jap cars on UK roads. They certainly sell enough so going by sales you should expect to see quite a lot of these still on the road. Maybe they are not reliable. Nissans used to have a rusting reputation.
It is due to rust and high cost of spares. Jap cars are normally built to last for around 10 years. Another factor for more VW's on the road is that they are diesel - which last much more longer. Blame it on vehicle electronics for the euro cars poor reliability.

BTW ST, Mercs are more of less back as the E class is proving to be back to the old levels of reliability
Old 8th July 2008, 13:11   #124
BHPian

I just had a conversation with Mr Rajesh Bansal, Sales Manager, Kashyap Vehicle Works Private Limited (dealer in Delhi & NCR). As per Mr Bansal, Jetta is being launched on 23 July 08 and will be displayed in show rooms from 17 July onwards. Ex-showroom price for diesel car will be 14.5 lac and automatic top end will be 17.5 lac.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:30   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Blame it on vehicle electronics for the euro cars poor reliability.
Statistics seem to indicate that VW has lower reliability vs either Honda or Toyota not just on electronics but also on engine, transmisson and others (Reliability Index :: how reliable is your car?). Also the dealer network will take a while to build in India so spares / servicing will be a drag.

Of course the build / ride quality of European cars are superb....I just wish there were manufacturers that would combine the best of both and offer it at a reasonable price.
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:49   #126
BHPian

Is Jetta Price shooting up from next month

Hi Team,

Mods please move this tread to the relevant place (if it does not belong here) - Thank you

Team need some urgent information .. my friend is planing to by Jetta and he was informed that the price will increase by another 20 000 to 40 000 on all the models of Jetta

point 1. is this the right information or the sales guy trying to make a quick sale

Thank you

Team BHP Support: Please post in relevant sub forum

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd September 2008 at 21:43. Reason: Post in relevant forum
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:23   #127
BHPian

This may be true as rupee as fallen highly against the dollar so may be the company could increase the price as jetta has high import content.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:48   #128
BHPian

it might proably increase due to the depriciating rupee. And also may be they want to remove the introductory pricing.

~RBI
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

The Jetta Petrol is just heading for disaster by increasing prices when Corolla is available at 10.8 L ex showroom.
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:58   #130
Senior - BHPian

if they do the car might actually fail in the market,already i dont think they have sold well

have the sold well vasudev?i mean, i dont have actaul sales chart
but at the same time there is no news of the car doing well,like we had the news for civc
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:06   #131
BHPian

I did meet up with VW dealer in Delhi ( DD autoworld )he told me that they have sold 35 Jettas till date in Delhi . This is not great going by any standards
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:24   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
if they do the car might actually fail in the market,already i dont think they have sold well
Might?? Its already a failure in the price bracket, following its older sibling the Passat.
Great cars at disastrous prices.
Thought they would have learnt from their own Octavia launch on how to kill the market. But even Skoda lost it, first with the Laura and then the Superb. I wonder if they have an ex GM employee running their company.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
But even Skoda lost it, first with the Laura and then the Superb. I wonder if they have an ex GM employee running their company.
Precisely. The Skoda sales are bleeding. The only thing that was holding them was the non-availability of good Diesel on that price range. The moment when Honda/Totyota releases diesel Civics/Corollas junta will kiss these overpriced cars goodbye.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:02   #134
Team-BHP Support

i have seen only 3 Jetta's since launch. One of them was at the showroom

Whereas I have seen 10 altis's over the past week

Go figure
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:36   #135
Senior - BHPian

i have seen only one jetta so far

Most Viewed