Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:10   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Do u all agree with this -

Sumo Grande - The Killer Icon(For Scorpio, Tavera & Innova)
Innova's refinement, fit and finish are class apart. Sumo cant be compared with it.
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:18   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Innova's refinement, fit and finish are class apart. Sumo cant be compared with it.
With its pricing it is bound to bite into Innova sales.

Why buy an Innova when I can buy a Sumo Grande for long journeys and a small car for local use for the same price as an Innova ?
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:22   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
With its pricing it is bound to bite into Innova sales.

Why buy an Innova when I can buy a Sumo Grande for long journeys and a small car for local use for the same price as an Innova ?
its very true. driving a sumo grande in the city is lot more easier and safer than innova. also look wise sumo grande is better.
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:23   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
i think 2.2 VTT is also refined. ya toyota vehicles are always better in quality and fit and finish is class apart.
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:27   #155
LLL
BHPian

@amit_mechengg

thanks for the great review....it was also the first Grande TD on T-BHP. btw, did u also take some pics?
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:31   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
@amit_mechengg

thanks for the great review....it was also the first Grande TD on T-BHP. btw, did u also take some pics?
no pics allowed. very strict on that. please dont ask me where did i drive the great Sumo Grande.
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:35   #157
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
no pics allowed. very strict on that. please dont ask me where did i drive the great Sumo Grande.
hmm...tatas have now officially launched it, so what are they hiding it for? anyways we did get an idea of how its gonna look from auto-expo pics.
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:41   #158
rkg
Senior - BHPian

TATA's have taken care of the sumo taxi crowd first with WINGER, then they upgraded sumo to personal car level. winger will take care 5-7 lakh segment and sumo 7-9 lakh segment( On road prices at bangalore). earlier very few would have thought of buying sumo for peronal use.now it may just be the reverse
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
hmm...tatas have now officially launched it, so what are they hiding it for? anyways we did get an idea of how its gonna look from auto-expo pics.
no tatas are not at all hiding it. they have sent the first lot to the dealers. u can also test drive them at dealers. also check the links i gave in previous posts u will get perfect details of looks colors interiors etc.
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:45   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
TATA's have taken care of the sumo taxi crowd first with WINGER, then they upgraded sumo to personal car level. winger will take care 5-7 lakh segment and sumo 7-9 lakh segment( On road prices at bangalore). earlier very few would have thought of buying sumo for peronal use.now it may just be the reverse
winger sales are increasing day by day. especially the call centres and IT companies are buying them. the one which sells more is the HIGH DECK ones. also the winger is perfect established vehicle as its directly picked up from renault.
Old 23rd February 2008, 09:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

@ amit_mechengg

winger - That's a one good vehicle for transporting the people, lets keep that vehicle apart from this thread b'cos it does not belong to this category.

Enjoy with the Grande killing S I T - S(Scorpio) I(Innova) T(Tavera)
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:20   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amit, thanks for the review.

In some ways, I am not surprised by the positive review that Amit has given us. And I'm expecting more reviews to be on similar lines. The Sumo has come a long way from the initial days of un-even tyre wear and other issues. The Victa GX Turbo has a lot going for it, and except for finding a sufficiently big parking space has been a breeze to drive in the city.

The few issues I have noticed with the Victa GX Turbo have been taken care of (Engine, Power, slightly longer wheel base, more creature comforts etc,). And this would mean that I'd better stay away from the Grande ! At least till I'm ready to go for a Safari.

On a related point, considering that the Winger is now taking care of the needs of the taxi / maxi-cab / call-center/ people mover segments, and the Sumo Grande wooing the family / luxury cab segment, I wonder if the Sumo itself will be taken off the market in the not so distant future.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:53   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Amit, thanks for the review.

In some ways, I am not surprised by the positive review that Amit has given us. And I'm expecting more reviews to be on similar lines.
no condor u got me wrong. i wont give such review over indica or old sumo or the winger. i have given all goodies as well as bad points about grande. have a look urself at the grande with ur nearest dealer and you will feel the difference urself.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:58   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Amit, my comment was about reviews about the Grande. I'm not expecting a good review from anyone about the Indica or the Sumo or the Winger. Each has it's positivies, it's limitations, and some shortcomings. Heck, even an Innova has it's -ve's.
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:26   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Amit, my comment was about reviews about the Grande. I'm not expecting a good review from anyone about the Indica or the Sumo or the Winger. Each has it's positivies, it's limitations, and some shortcomings. Heck, even an Innova has it's -ve's.
ya i believe that. but VFM is what sells the vehicles. and sumo grande just fits in that bandwidth perfectly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed