Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 14:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
You mean that the Scorpio look fresher than the Sumo Grande, man have you seen that vehicle, I saw it at the expo and to tell you the truth it is better looking than the Scorpio and the Safari anyday, they messed up the rear (or may be they ran out of ideas) but the Grande really is a looker, with a 2.2 l/ 120 bhp it has the engine to match the Scorpio. I had a scorpio for 3 years may be that is why it looks dated to me.
Nah, I meant the Scorpio looks fresher out the 3 vehicles. I guess if you see your vehicle everyday then like a shirt you wear everyday it begins to look old as you are used to it.
Old 9th February 2008, 16:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

@Bigman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Nah, I meant the Scorpio looks fresher out the 3 vehicles. I guess if you see your vehicle everyday then like a shirt you wear everyday it begins to look old as you are used to it.
What do u mean by Scorpio looks fresher(it is same old design) ?????

Atleast Sumo Grande they have changed the entire look of old Sumo and come up with new design for the competitive market.

As u say the scorpio design is old and they have to change the design to compete.
Old 9th February 2008, 19:23   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
What do u mean by Scorpio looks fresher(it is same old design) ?????

Atleast Sumo Grande they have changed the entire look of old Sumo and come up with new design for the competitive market.

As u say the scorpio design is old and they have to change the design to compete.
It looks fresh in terms of what todays SUV's look like. The Safari design is way outdated. The Safari was very similar to the old LR Disco and that was ditched some time ago.

I am all for the Sumo Grande and may buy one depending on whether they have got quality control sorted at TATA.
Old 13th February 2008, 17:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

@Bigman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
It looks fresh in terms of what todays SUV's look like. The Safari design is way outdated. The Safari was very similar to the old LR Disco and that was ditched some time ago.

My friend please do not compare the Disco design with The King design

I am all for the Sumo Grande and may buy one depending on whether they have got quality control sorted at TATA.
I think u can take there will be no problem and enjoy ur drive.

Mod's Note: Do not type in all bold. This is unnecessary and is considered rude. Please follow the board etiquettes.
Old 20th February 2008, 06:50   #80
BHPian

Love the neatly integrated roof AC vents for the rear seat passengers and the reclining middle row seats in the TATA Sumo Grande neither of which are available on the Mahindra Scorpio. The rear AC vents near the feet of the middle row passengers are near useless except to cool ones feet and the directional capabilities of the front vents are not good either.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:29   #81
Senior - BHPian

guys sumo grande looks very new and stylish as compared to old scorpio design. also the interiors in beige colours look very nice. the AC vents are placed at very adequate positions. the cooling is amazing. also the colour options are very nice and vibrant which dont give a TAXI image look of sumo.
The only way u people are trying to compare it with old sumo image is that TATAS have names it as sumo grande.
had it been named a different like Xenon Grande or Xenon Suv then out perspective would have been different. The chassis and suspensions on the Sumo Grande are very well worked upon. Also TATAS were very strict on vendors regarding the quailty of parts on SUMO GRANDE. its a global vehicle.
also 2.2 litre dicor is a gud performer. also the FE is gud.

Test drive it once and u will feel the new fresh quality product from tatas.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:43   #82
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Have u driven it already? Looking forward to a few good TD reports...
Old 20th February 2008, 12:15   #83
tez
BHPian

Quote:
guys sumo grande looks very new and stylish as compared to old scorpio design. also the interiors in beige colours look very nice. the AC vents are placed at very adequate positions. the cooling is amazing. also the colour options are very nice and vibrant which dont give a TAXI image look of sumo.
The only way u people are trying to compare it with old sumo image is that TATAS have names it as sumo grande.
had it been named a different like Xenon Grande or Xenon Suv then out perspective would have been different. The chassis and suspensions on the Sumo Grande are very well worked upon. Also TATAS were very strict on vendors regarding the quailty of parts on SUMO GRANDE. its a global vehicle.

amit, it looks like you have TDed the vehicle. Can you give your report about it. Ne idea about the FE that TATA's claim
Old 20th February 2008, 12:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Come on amit... you can run but you cannot hide... Tell us more..
Old 20th February 2008, 12:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
amit, it looks like you have TDed the vehicle. Can you give your report about it. Ne idea about the FE that TATA's claim
not exactly that i have tested the vehicle, but yes drove it 2 times. a very short drive. didnt get a complete feel as i couldnt cross 50 KMPH. but yes i found the engine is refined as it comes from the same stable as safari. chassis is also the same sturdy one as old sierra and safari. but the interior is very nice. fit and finish is gud.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Come on amit... you can run but you cannot hide... Tell us more..
okay chalo today i will again test it if i get a permission and give you details of all components

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2008 at 10:54. Reason: PLEASE type only in full and proper english. SMS / Slang is not permitted on this board.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:54   #87
BHPian

scorpio is an muv in terms of engineering specs, but people believe its a suv by the way the aesthetics are designed and the company has marketed the product. so is the sumo is an muv sure. Id stick by the sumo ive owned it since 1995 and love it. Most spacious and comfortable. Now event he power wont be short. I onl wish it had an autobox with abs tc abc airbags ebd 4x4 and all independent suspension.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
okay chalo today i will again test it if i get a permission and give u details of all components
Yes... keep up the spirit alive buddy Will be looking forward for the same.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:50   #89
BHPian

@amit_mechengg what about the body rolling?Is it still there or they cleared.

Last edited by jerish666 : 20th February 2008 at 13:54.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Three cheers to Tata atlast releasing the Sumo Grande after a long wait

Hip Hip Hurray
Closed Thread

Most Viewed