Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2008, 19:33   #211

dear guys, before you consider all luxuries in cars, keep it in your mind? how many people are afford to buy c segment vehicles? Well, the point here is India is a developing country and needs more transportation, more vehicles, more choices and we need a automobile which can help the whole community to persue in a developing way. its our duty to encourage the cheap and best vehicles to create a new India. Its a national pride regardless the brand and money.
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:05   #212
Senior - BHPian

wont a person looking for VFM forget looks as the top priority and looking with that point of view, and wont they look more at the aspects like the A.S.S., resale, maintainance? and if sumo grande can beat the others in these aspects atleast by two-thirds then, imo it will sell like crazy! and i think we are yet to witness what the new scorpio's made of and how well it fairs.

and in this price range, nor the safari nor the scorpio comes close, in the size the safari is much bigger and scorpio looks small infront of it, and more over the customers who buy safari are a different category of customers imo, so they wont eye the sumo or the scorpio, they may look towards the endeavor or the likes that are huge in size and have road presence its for this aspect the category differs and safari sells. the sumo cant potentially kill it imo!

but like i said it can be a competitor for the scorpio and others if sumo has what it takes with respect to the aspects mentioned above!
disclaimer:these are my opinions and others may have their own no offenses meant nor would i mind if the mistakes are corrected!
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:37   #213
BHPian

Look at what it is already killing, the display vehicle is here and the delaer refuses to display it. Guess why ?

Well he is sitting on a reasonable safari stock and feels it will become difficult for him to sell that stock.

I think the dealers are already thinking that grande is goin to cannabalize the Safari, beware Scorpio, Tavera and the Innova
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:47   #214
Senior - BHPian

tavera is long gone since the display of the GRANDE. tavera is already killed. i spoke to my friend who is a sales guy in Chevrolet showroom.
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:19   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Look at what it is already killing, the display vehicle is here and the delaer refuses to display it. Guess why ?

Well he is sitting on a reasonable safari stock and feels it will become difficult for him to sell that stock.

I think the dealers are already thinking that grande is goin to cannabalize the Safari, beware Scorpio, Tavera and the Innova
Won't blame him. I was thinking about the low end Safari (LX variant) as well when Grande moved me away from it.

It's another thing that the absence of an ABS/EBD/Airbags is still keeping me a bit away from the Grande. And, that's still similar in absence when compared to the Safari LX. If the base LX of Safari was a 4x4 variant at 8.25L, then, that's a whole different ball game, but just a 4x2 base variant at 8.25L doesn't make much sense.

But then again, where is the question of sense when it comes to SUVs and the pride of owning them ?

Anyway, that just shows what Grande will do Safari LX. I hope Tata took these into considerations when they decided to roll out Grande. Will be one interesting match to watch.
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:35   #216

Well i Dont know much about Indian Cars. But i have taken a keen Interest.

I Personally prefer the Scorpio . It beats the Sumo in the looks category.

Also could someone tell me what Tata Plans to do with the acquisition of Land Rover? As i own a Range Rover and was just keen to know some news. by the way great stuff that Tata bid for it.
Old 3rd March 2008, 20:26   #217
srh
BHPian

The sales figures for Scorpio for February 08 were flashed on the CNBC ticker today. They have shown a healthy increase over Feb 07 selling more than 3000 pieces. Seems that people are not holding off their purchases in anticipation of the Grande. Also the price rise with the M-Hawk hasn't dampened the sales either.
Old 3rd March 2008, 20:49   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ranc : Look at what it is already killing, the display vehicle is here and the delaer refuses to display it. Guess why ?

Possibly a load of the LX version with the TCIC that the dealer had hoped to sell to people who were willing to look beyond the Victa.

Quote:
sudhirlp : ... that just shows what Grande will do Safari LX. I hope Tata took these into considerations when they decided to roll out Grande. Will be one interesting match to watch.
The Grande is already priced above the the base Safari LX powered by the TCIC engine. IIRC, we had talked about Tata bringing in the DICOR & then phasing out the TCIC Safari's - and this is what we can see happening now.

Continuing the comparison between the Safari & the Grande, there is still an overlap between these two models. We can expect some amount of upgrades from the Grande to the Safari, and this will only be logical.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:02   #219

Tata should move the safari to the lower variant to compete with the Bolero and keep the grande a straight forward competitor with the scorpio.

They have done a good job of bringing the Luxury SUV to their tagline.
But to me the looks of the Grande still dont outshine the Scorpio.

The rear end of the grande is something more on the lines of, lack of imagination or pedantic antics by designers. lol
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:00   #220
Senior - BHPian

[quote=mamba24;744333]Tata should move the safari to the lower variant to compete with the Bolero and keep the grande a straight forward competitor with the scorpio.

Dude, what are you saying Safari compete with Bolero i think you must be dreaming Bolero/Scorpio everyone will be K****d by Grande and for your information TATA SAFARI is a king and all together a different class of vehicle.

Safari is the top class in Tata Stable and you want them to move it to the lower variant, please think before putting your words about Tata Safari on this thread.....

Last edited by gowda79 : 3rd March 2008 at 22:01.
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:59   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79
Dude, what are you saying Safari compete with Bolero i think you must be dreaming Bolero/Scorpio everyone will be K****d by Grande and for your information TATA SAFARI is a king and all together a different class of vehicle.

Safari is the top class in Tata Stable and you want them to move it to the lower variant, please think before putting your words about Tata Safari on this thread.....
dude, your love for your safari is blatant for everyone to see and i respect that. from your emotional standpoint it is very difficult to understand the psyche of a common indian consumer aspiring to buy a suv. i really do not know how grande is going to shake-up the sub 1 million suv segment, but if it succeeds, then scorpio and safari are equally vulnerable.

if scorpio can be compared with the grande, why not the safari?

regards
tifosi.
Old 3rd March 2008, 23:36   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24 View Post
Tata should move the safari to the lower variant to compete with the Bolero and keep the grande a straight forward competitor with the scorpio.

They have done a good job of bringing the Luxury SUV to their tagline.
But to me the looks of the Grande still dont outshine the Scorpio.

The rear end of the grande is something more on the lines of, lack of imagination or pedantic antics by designers. lol
ha ha ha mamba according to your fantasies bolero should compete with pajeros, endevour, crv etc. right? u can also have a new thread " will bolero kill safari"
Old 4th March 2008, 03:04   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
will bolero kill safari"
This thread is amusing, everyday there is something killing something else, motivation enough to have a look each day. What next?
Old 4th March 2008, 03:20   #224
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This thread is amusing, everyday there is something killing something else, motivation enough to have a look each day. What next?
true...i was also amused to read it first time when someone wanted to say that a grande will kill scorpio.

its a simple case of bolero vs scorpio vs grande vs safari vs tavera vs victa vs innova vs fiesta vs sx4 vs aveo vs verna vs fabia.

a buyer will buy based on their unique requirement. some folks buy a fabia over a innova/fiesta/safari
Old 4th March 2008, 04:50   #225
BHPian

I shortlisted Getz CRDi and Scorpio to replace my Santro. So, the requirement differs!

But for a non-enthusiasts (call taxi segments!) the title still holds true.

*slight OT : i ended up buying a Scorpio later! For me Tata is a no no due to their Quality, *Image* and reliability all of which Scorpio managed to pack somehow...

Last edited by sgmuser : 4th March 2008 at 04:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks