Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 10:19   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Dude, what are you saying Safari compete with Bolero i think you must be dreaming Bolero/Scorpio everyone will be K****d by Grande and for your information TATA SAFARI is a king and all together a different class of vehicle.
Safari is king, safari is king.... dont you think this is beginning to get rather repetitive from you? For starters, why dont you start comparing on a more logical platform, rather than being swept by your emotional tide?

Quote:
Safari is the top class in Tata Stable and you want them to move it to the lower variant, please think before putting your words about Tata Safari on this thread.....
This is a public forum, and every one is entitled to an opinion. Words such as yours, which i have quoted above defeat the entire purpose of discussion. Its high time you got your defending skills in order, rather than just blaring the same statements time and time again.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:29   #227
BHPian

On the topic, I would like to say that yesterday I saw the Grande on road, on Delhi Gurgaon highway. From the back it seems like a 'Tiffin box' but after pulling up in front of it, the view via the rear view mirror was impressive. But I still feel that its too tall a vehicle. I felt it maybe because I was in a 800, but somehow i felt that the vehicle lost its classiness in its flow lines in the end half of the vehicle.

I am not sure whether it has been built on 407 chasis or not, but when I passed it, I was reminded of 407 with some seats and a hardtop thrown in. I mean what did they do wrong? I thought that when they were able to build to Dicor with such beautiful lines, they would have done the same for the Grande. But Alas!

So comparing the Grande with scorpio for styling, i think scorpio still scores. Had it been safari and scorpio, I would say Safari DICOR scores.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:39   #228
Senior - BHPian

[quote=benbsb29;744904]Safari is king, safari is king.... dont you think this is beginning to get rather repetitive from you? For starters, why dont you start comparing on a more logical platform, rather than being swept by your emotional tide?

If you cannot bare the word The King, what can i do???

Is there any problems if i quote it like that, this a public forum where everyone can express their opinion as u say.

I don't think Safari requires any logical platform to be put forward to prove or show Safari is a King

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is a public forum, and every one is entitled to an opinion. Words such as yours, which i have quoted above defeat the entire purpose of discussion. Its high time you got your defending skills in order, rather than just blaring the same statements time and time again.
I don't think Safari requires any defending skills and why should i defend Safari, i am not a marketting person who has involved in selling Safari.

Mods - excuse if any offensive words in the post

Last edited by gowda79 : 4th March 2008 at 10:41.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:16   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you cannot bare the word The King, what can i do???

Is there any problems if i quote it like that, this a public forum where everyone can express their opinion as u say.

I don't think Safari requires any logical platform to be put forward to prove or show Safari is a King
I dont want to get personal on this, and so would restrict my reply.

As for the part where you have agreed on this being a public forum, where each is entitled to an opinion, its you who has been time and time again trying to put down someone else's just saying that 'Safari is king'. If you have a point, prove it.

If you do not see the need to prove your point logically, then i dont see the point in arguing any further.

Now, why would i want to bare the 'King'?
Old 4th March 2008, 11:44   #230
Senior - BHPian

guys SAFARI is a SUV and rest all are MUV. each are placed in different class.
each vehicle has its positive and negatives. one vehicle might satisfy ones specific need while other wont. the safari, scorpio and the grande are so closely placed that they win over each other in some or the other respect. but the real winner is the one which will appeal a specific individual with specific need.
Old 4th March 2008, 12:18   #231
tez
BHPian

gowda, u will have an emotional attachement to safari as you own one. And safari is a better looking vehicle when compared to Grande IMHO. But there are some features provided in Grande which are very good for the price being asked.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:16   #232
Senior - BHPian

I took a test drive of the Scorpio VLX sometime back. Today I got a call from a market research agency who have invited me to a feedback session on Scorpio. I am visiting them at 4:00 PM today, the venue is Koncept Automobiles, A mahindra dealer in Noida.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:24   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Imarket research agency who have invited me to a feedback session on Scorpio. I am visiting them at 4:00 PM today, the venue is Koncept Automobiles, A mahindra dealer in Noida.
....tell 'em like it is Lavkesh, not often you'd get a chance like this
Old 4th March 2008, 16:02   #234
BHPian

@ Extreme Torque - And if possible also tell them to compare it with Innova in fit and finish and then add Automatic transmission asap.
Old 5th March 2008, 15:06   #235
BHPian

Can ABS/EBD and Airbags come in as after market fitment ? And, how safe and costly are such makeovers ?
Old 5th March 2008, 16:26   #236
tez
BHPian

no sudhir, you cannot have ABS/EBD and airbags as after market fitments.
Old 5th March 2008, 16:46   #237
Senior - BHPian

I was given a longish test drive, around 35 kms and a lot of high speed driving on greater noida expressway. I am impressed by the engine... even at 120 bhp it feels more powerful and punchier than the Safari 2.2, the third gear on Dicor 3.0 though is something else. :P
So the market research guy was sitting with me throughout the whole test drive along with two people from the showroom, the model was a Scorpio 2.2 VLX latest version. Yes, they have already refined the VLX from VLX that they launched just recently. The improved or the latest version has a black shroud on the windscreen, over the inside rear view mirror which houses some sensor... most probably the rain sensor or the light sensor. Coming back to the car, the high speed manner still remain patchy, it was jumping all over the place even with 4 people on board, not as pliant as Safari but a lot better than before. The engine is impressive but again noisy over 3000 rpm like the Safari 2.2. Gear ratios are choosen nicely, the first is short and it takes care of the turbo lag. Brakes are really good... stood on it at more than 100 kph and it stopped without skidding or rear stepping put of the line. The long throw gearshift was reasonably precise and positive, shift from 2nd to 3rd is a little hard but the gearlever position is rubbish!
Interiors are reasonable quality, definitely better quality wise compared to Safari but hey no roof mounted AC and no electrically adjustable rear view mirror, fabric seats and power window controls only on the central console.... and 9.3 + lakhs ex-showrooom delhi... nayyyy!
Steering, zero feel and wayyy to light for an SUV, no wonder they are driven like maniacs, you dont know what front wheel are upto.
The ride is good at medium and low speeds but it still sort of crashes over bigger potholes and ridges and at times the rear and front seems dissconnected... not pliant.
And yes, finally they have reverted to the normal fin type vents on the dashboard, the earlier one's were just ridiculous.... dunno who in mahindra designed them.

P.S. I have mentioned it all in the feedback

PPS. I still dont know why these automobile companies hire these market research agencies which know zero about automobiles, the guy taking feedback was a total idiot reading out the questions to be asked in feedback form like he's been given a reading assignment in school. I did had my share of fun while braking hard, the guy was on the dashboard with the feedback papers flying everywhere because he was not wearing a seat belt while I tested the brakes and the ABS. Teambhp or organising events having interaction with mahindra engineers would help them a lot and would work out cheaper too.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th March 2008 at 16:52.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:34   #238
Senior - BHPian

Well i would prefer the scorpio over the grande. Its more about the image of the two which i am comparing. Well people do consider the scorpio as a bully but sumo was one too and just because the cabbies took a liking to the indica which is why we see a reduced number of sumos on road.
Well this is my personnel opinion and what i feel is that people are arguing over safari and i should say no vehicle is perfect. Safari has some flaws in it too but the looks go with this vehicle. Dont get personnel about it when someone voices their opinion else we would be having fire running in all the threads.
just sit back andcheers:
Old 5th March 2008, 20:56   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
is that people are arguing over safari and i should say no vehicle is perfect. Safari has some flaws in it
Safari is King!!
Old 5th March 2008, 22:12   #240
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Safari is King!!
Any suggestions on who the queen would be? And what would the offspring look like?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks