Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 10:12   #241
Senior - BHPian

I just saw a black Grande and I must admit that the rear end is bland and looks out of the place. Also, the vehicle is too tall!
Old 6th March 2008, 11:05   #242
Senior - BHPian

[quote=srh;747453]Any suggestions on who the queen would be? And what would the offspring look like?

No Queen only Flirting

No matches found, long wait and still young so no problem........

Look for one
Old 6th March 2008, 12:18   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Any suggestions on who the queen would be? And what would the offspring look like?
- Good one! CRV and Santa-Fe are cute and would compete!!

Maybe TATA (after acquiring) will make Safari the Queen and Land Rover the King!! Maybe Maruti will jumpin and say 'Awaken the man' and position SX4 as queen!
Old 6th March 2008, 12:42   #244
BHPian

Did not not liked the shape too bland from the rear end. Tata is on a toss with this one
Old 7th March 2008, 09:31   #245
BHPian

today morning i saw sumo grande on road, doesnt look that good, rear sucks :(
Old 7th March 2008, 12:17   #246
tez
BHPian

ne ways the rear of grande can be spruced up... either have a petrol can or something behind to hide the bland look...
Old 7th March 2008, 12:24   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
ne ways the rear of grande can be spruced up... either have a petrol can or something behind to hide the bland look...
Or just a fake spare wheel cover
Old 7th March 2008, 12:44   #248
LLL
BHPian

i hope tatas are reading this forum and would do something about the rear.

That said, they need to provide that big wide door for easy ingress and loading. but i think they can study other similar muv's like innova/ dodge caravan.

But if you are ready to ignore the rear looks, LX/EX is a fantastic package under 7L and GX is a real vfm. I am sure lots of folks would prefer plonking their investment in a LX/EX rather than in a logan/tavera and GX instead of a innova.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:50   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
i hope tatas are reading this forum and would do something about the rear.

That said, they need to provide that big wide door for easy ingress and loading. but i think they can study other similar muv's like innova/ dodge caravan.

But if you are ready to ignore the rear looks, LX/EX is a fantastic package under 7L and GX is a real vfm. I am sure lots of folks would prefer plonking their investment in a LX/EX rather than in a logan/tavera and GX instead of a innova.
I guess the lack of the door lends to better rigidity. Also - the VFMness is the deal here, and looks will probably be shrugged off by its target audience. While comparing to its alternatives - the Tavera, Innova, etc - its hardly a beauty contest at all
Old 7th March 2008, 14:30   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I am ready to forego the bland looks at the back, but what is currently holding me off is the fact that Grande is still v1. Given past experiences of any v1 in the Tata stable, that's something that's scary.

And, for a minor part, the fact that the "supposed" top end variant doesn't have ABS/EBD/Airbags.

The dealers are telling me that only the GX variant is available in Chennai. And LX/EX won't be available for another 6 months. Or is that BS ?
Old 7th March 2008, 15:22   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sudhirlp : what is currently holding me off is the fact that Grande is still v1.
sudhirlp : The dealers are telling me that only the GX is available ... And LX/EX won't be available for another 6 months.
Yes, Would be sensible to wait a little, at least till a few have rolled off the showrooms.

Do compare the features between the GX-LX-EX. It may make a lot of sense to go in for the GX.

Last edited by condor : 7th March 2008 at 15:23.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:21   #252
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
Given past experiences of any v1 in the Tata stable, that's something that's scary.
Don't worry. You will most probably get all the retrofits of the future improvements free of cost. And believe me when I say that TM is very liberal with the warranty. Buy extended warranty and never worry
Old 7th March 2008, 18:46   #253
Senior - BHPian

The Tyre & Ladder on the rear would be the ideal look change for the Grande to make it look better like the Ford Endeavour
Old 7th March 2008, 18:51   #254
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes, Would be sensible to wait a little, at least till a few have rolled off the showrooms.

Do compare the features between the GX-LX-EX. It may make a lot of sense to go in for the GX.
Yes, makes sense to wait for sometime to allow them to fix whatever issues crop up.
Old 7th March 2008, 19:10   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
srh : Buy extended warranty and never worry
Buy extended wty & be very careful not to do anything that will void your wty. Even using anything with better specs than what the TASS will use.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks