Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:37   #31
BHPian

Slightly OT, was inquisitive to know how the fuel pumps life and realiability of these newer technology cars are? Also what do you people think about VW's "Pumpe-Duse" technology? though I heard somewhere that the new euro norms are not met by it, so VW is dumping the technology for CRDI.
I ask this question because I've fed up with my Indica's N.A fuel pump issues... had to get it calibrated from Lucas, after just 60K on the odo. And every time it goes for service, they always did an anti-stall on the fuel pump. Just makes me think that my driving style isn't suited for diesel cars, or maybe the car had a faulty fuel pump right from the start!
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
I ask this question because I've fed up with my Indica's N.A fuel pump issues... had to get it calibrated from Lucas, after just 60K on the odo. And every time it goes for service, they always did an anti-stall on the fuel pump. Just makes me think that my driving style isn't suited for diesel cars, or maybe the car had a faulty fuel pump right from the start!
You are probably not the first one, mine has been replaced under warranty and was overhauled twice again under warranty. Which year is your car ? I sort of understood that pre-BSIII,2004 Indicas have this issue

Having said that, the most common type of finger pointing is with respect to the fuel quality. I can understand if this was an imported piece of equipment which could not withstand Indian fuel quality, but for an important piece of the car which is made in India

Lets keep our fingers crossed !!
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:14   #33
SuperSyn

Between the two, I'd go for FIAT engine anyday because even if TATA can't service or replace the engine, Maruti will still have inventory support for this FIAT engine for a long time to come.

Old 4th June 2008, 00:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
You are probably not the first one, mine has been replaced under warranty and was overhauled twice again under warranty. Which year is your car ? I sort of understood that pre-BSIII,2004 Indicas have this issue

Having said that, the most common type of finger pointing is with respect to the fuel quality. I can understand if this was an imported piece of equipment which could not withstand Indian fuel quality, but for an important piece of the car which is made in India

Lets keep our fingers crossed !!
I have a BSII 2003 DLS V2 Model. Also think you were pretty fortunate that TASC accepted the problem, cause when I approached them for the same, they said there is nothin wrong with the car, and they would do the anti-stall everytime and give it back. I used to service my car at TATA motors own service centre at worli, Mumbai. Do you think that filling premium diesel was the factor? I used to fill BP's Hi-speed and Hp's Turbojet most of the time.
And to add to it, this was not the only issue with my car, other issues- which I don't want to bring up here were not covered within warranty. I would like to point out that TATA Motors is one company who don't easily own up warranty issues! Certainly after such an experience- Never again a TATA vehicle.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
I would like to point out that TATA Motors is one company who don't easily own up warranty issues! Certainly after such an experience- Never again a TATA vehicle.

Going off the topic... but for your info. warranty claims are the prejudice of the service center. If you think they are unfair try another one or try complaining... The dealers refuse genuine claims since it is an 'avoidable hassle' for them and nothing else. All these 'consumer rights' and stuff like that will not ring a bell with those guys...

My source of info...? One chap working in a dealership

Most Viewed