Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:31   #1
BHPian

The future of Hyundai Getz? EDIT : Bye Bye Getz (page 2)

hello all,
there are news going rounds saying that hyundai is planning to luanch
i20 a similar upgraded version of getz and the production of getz would be stopped.Is this true and if so what would be the future for current getz owners in terms of resale value

thanks.
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

first of all, why only in india? Getz is sold worldover and if the current Getz is replaced by a new model then the current Getz will all have the same future as many others before them had. Is there anything very dramatic in a car being replaced by a newer model?

Moreover, does this really warrant a new thread?

EDIT: And then you are in the wrong section as well! Please read all the rules and get yourself conversant with the various section and the subsections of this board.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd January 2008 at 15:43.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

getz wont be discontinued looking into the total life of the model and the volume they have done till date.i20 would be more feature rich more up market and priced high.they are doing the same thing what msil has done with wagon -r and zen in the lower segment.
ram
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

the resale value would go down. im gonna sell my getz as soon as i hear of the i20 coming here.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Maybe they are not able to digest the competition from others (MUL/Tata/Fiat). The sales will dwindle as soon as these cars are on road.
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:25   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
Is this true and if so what would be the future for current getz owners in terms of resale value
Resale value will be hit as the car cannot be considered as a big sales success. However, Hyundai small cars generally have decent resale value, which could play lightly in its favour.

Hyundai is not too serious with the Getz. They are not at all promoting (or launching all over India) the very capable Getz CRDi, which again shows that the Getz might be on its way out.
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Resale value will be hit as the car cannot be considered as a big sales success. However, Hyundai small cars generally have decent resale value, which could play lightly in its favour.
Resale value on the Getz is not particularly good anyway - it seels at rates similar to or lower than the Swift in the used car market despite being more expensive when new. this view is based on my recently abandoned used car hunt after enquiring about used cars of both cars at
various dealers.
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai commited a blunder by overpricing Getz, the main reason for dismal sales though it was a nice hatch to drive, remember when Swift was launched, they positioned Santro to counter Swift rather than Getz, they acted too smart!
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:40   #9
BHPian

i dont think that the getz will loose its resale value. look at the santro for instance, now that the i10 is out with same engine, santro still has a strong resale value.
Old 25th August 2008, 19:06   #10
BHPian

Will getz be discontinued?

I recently visited a hyundai showroom to enquire about the getz crdi,The sales man discouraged to buy a getz pertol or crdi,he said it will be discontinued soon,as the launch of i20 is approaching? I could not believe it,is this true? i thought getz and i20 will be sold side by side.

any verification for this news?
Old 25th August 2008, 20:11   #11
BHPian

right now one can only speculate. Me thinks 1.3 petrol and CRDi will be replaced by i20 kappa and CRDi respectively. only GETZ 1.1 might be offered.
Old 25th August 2008, 20:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
right now one can only speculate. Me thinks 1.3 petrol and CRDi will be replaced by i20 kappa and CRDi respectively. only GETZ 1.1 might be offered.
Totally agree with you. But there is no official news from Hyundai. Also surprised that we havent been getting too many spy shots of the i20.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Getz will have to be discontinued if 120 is making its debut. They cannot run so many horses as their stable will be filled up. IMO, they are not like tatas to keep all the vehicles and market all the vehicles.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:59   #14
BHPian

I believe the getz is being sold at many other countries successfully rather than india and hyundai exports it from its chennai plant so i dont think they will completely stop the model
Old 26th August 2008, 18:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the resale value would go down. im gonna sell my getz as soon as i hear of the i20 coming here.
In my opinion, the current generation cars come with a good service and spares offering. Car manufacturers give atleast a 5-10 years of spares and service even after they phase out a model. I dread the day i sold my Ikon 1.6SXI just because Ford discontinued the model. So if you are happy with your car, no reason to sell it just because it will be phased out. Enjoy the Getz with its loads of space.

For a matter of fact, i bought a used Corolla 1 month back knowing very well that Altis is replacing it in a couple of months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks