Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 10:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Why the steering is T-shaped ?
It looks odd to me when compared to other cars !
If you stand on your head and look to right a bit you will see its resembles the Tata logo.

Try to use pix TBHPians has posted instead of using picture form other forums.
Old 5th February 2008, 10:29   #137
BHPian

I always used to think the boot of the Indigo used to stick out too far. The CS takes care of this, and as a result, this car is definitely a lot better looking than the older Indigo. If there are others like me on the market, they will definitely sit up. And with this kind of pricing, this car will simply flood the market.
Old 5th February 2008, 19:47   #138
BHPian

Tata is in full swing. This is the growth period of Tata in the automobile industry.
Im sure they will be competing in all segments with the segment leaders very soon in terms of quality. And once they are satisfied with growth, i am sure they will turn towards auto enthusiasts for a new market and improve driving dynamics at affordable prices That will be the day.
Sweeet Day Dreams i must say
Old 5th February 2008, 20:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yeah, the Renault diesel engine is much much better then the Tata's diesel engine. Howevever as far as VFM goes, the Indigo CS has the competition sweeped.
Drive a Tata Indica Dicor and you will have to eat your words.... even I did. That engine surprised me with its combination of refinement, response, acceleration and noise, inside out..... doesnt feels like a Tata engine. Go drive one and feel for yourself.
Old 17th February 2008, 07:02   #140
BHPian

What will be fuel efficiency of Indigo CS GLS ( Petrol) any idea ? I have plan to buy it (after checking Swift Sedan )
Old 29th February 2008, 14:57   #141
Senior - BHPian

Spotted an Indgo CS yesterday, must say it looks really nice from back very modern looks & doesnt look boring as it seemed from the pics
Old 29th February 2008, 15:09   #142

indigo cs to get excise benifit

indigo cs will also benefit from the excise duty reduction on small cars. the excise will be 12% instead of 16% on this car. hence expect a price cut on it soon
Old 29th February 2008, 16:07   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag11 View Post
indigo cs will also benefit from the excise duty reduction on small cars. the excise will be 12% instead of 16% on this car. hence expect a price cut on it soon
So we can hope for a price cut between 8 - 15k across models.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

The indigo has a charecter in the cs.Looks very good and attractive pricing too.Since the budget has given the edge to cs it should be tough fight for top spot with the dzire.
ram
Old 1st March 2008, 08:58   #145
BHPian

We own an Indica DLG 2005 which has still date driven 73000 kms. Man that car is really good VFM. It does have quality issues but the car is very trust worthy and yes it does not fall apart. Space is also not at a premium. We get a fuel effecieny of 17kmpl and after driving Indica I feel all the other hatches are not worth their money.

Satisfied Tata Customer. Hence I am looking for a new Tata car probably CS TDi
Old 1st March 2008, 10:32   #146
Senior - BHPian

1.3 MJD in the CS

When I TD'd the CS some time ago i found that the pick up sluggish and the gear shift rubbery. but otherwise an affordable, good looking (IMO) car. but the pick up put me off. the sales guy rang up a few days ago to pester me to buy the car and i repeated my crib. so he tells me wait till march when the CS gets the 1.3 MJD. does any one else hear such news? if true, it would be great.
Old 1st March 2008, 15:15   #147
BHPian

Quote:
wait till march when the CS gets the 1.3 MJD. does any one else hear such news? if true, it would be great.
That can be called new rumour but I wish it comes true!

I havent heard about it and niether read about it anywhere .
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:20   #148
Senior - BHPian

True, I think TATA will come with more options in Indigo CS like 1.3 MJD or DICOR engine, top end variants. The reason they have made this car looking much better than Indigo, I am getting tempted to buy one for my parents. Indigo CS looks much better than Indigo. This budget has helped it in big way.

I will wait next 6 months to see it to hapen. Once Dezire is launched actual war will start in the segment.

In future Indigo CS will replace Indigo once TATA/FIAT come up with new Sedan or newly designed Indigo platform into better looking/quality sedan which can compete with SX4/Verna/Fiesta/NHC. I am sure TATA can make it.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:42   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
When I TD'd the CS some time ago i found that the pick up sluggish and the gear shift rubbery. but otherwise an affordable, good looking (IMO) car. but the pick up put me off. the sales guy rang up a few days ago to pester me to buy the car and i repeated my crib. so he tells me wait till march when the CS gets the 1.3 MJD. does any one else hear such news? if true, it would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post
That can be called new rumour but I wish it comes true!

I havent heard about it and niether read about it anywhere .
First thing I too wanted, a MJD in CS. Will make it tough for Suzuki if so.
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:02   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
First thing I too wanted, a MJD in CS. Will make it tough for Suzuki if so.
*Sigh*, if wishes were horses!! While the MJD in the CS doesnt seem very likely, the DICOR seems more feasible. Its already been packaged for the Indica & Indigo, so launching it in the CS shouldn't be too much of an issue.Although, if Tata really wants to take MSIL head on, the MJD + CS would be the right weapon at this stage to combat the Dzire!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks