Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 15:15   #46
BHPian

The base versions are somewhat avoidable - with black colored bumpers, no PS, no power windows.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:30   #47
BANNED

Looking at Price it seems best deal, but tell me honestly how many TATA indigo/indica satisfied users we have on this forum ? Are these car’s trustworthy ? what abt fuel efficiency from diesel engine ? have you guys ever thought if Re-sale value after 3 years ? I guess Swift LDI (considering 5lakh bracket )?

Try googling TATA indigo review , you will know everything

Guys what do you have to say ?

Last edited by nicejits : 24th January 2008 at 15:33.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:46   #48
BHPian

well let's not start that debate. Agreed just for the sake of statistics Tata's cars are not as reliable as say Maruti's. But the diff is not huge to consider it while comparing. I see more Marutis broken down on road than Tata's private vehicle not considering the cabs as they they are literally abused. I think reliability issue is just blown out of proportion otherwise there would not be so many tata cars on the road because however cheap you sell, if it is not reliable people will not come close it. And this is from the owner of Indica DLS, who has done 33km without any issues.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
but tell me honestly how many TATA indigo/indica satisfied users we have on this forum ? Are these car’s trustworthy ? what abt fuel efficiency from diesel engine ?
I am one 100% satisfied customer, I got more in return then I paid for my Indica, VFM dear VFM is the key.

You mean tata can launch a car which will fall apart, as they are not trust worthy, come on, I agree there are some problems, but worth owning for the value you get.

I thought all know about the fuel efficiency of diesel car from Tata. I get 17-18 from Indica 2002, 93000Km done in city.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

I have an Indaca with 73 K on the clock and it is running well. It is slightly low in teerm of refinement but a good vehicle. The poor quality *** by TASC , spartan interiors and badmouthing by people who have not driven the car are responsible for the image whereas Maruti gets away with poor clutches in SX4 and Swift without a murmur anywhere. Hardly any car matchers these vehicles rupee to rupee.

These are good VFM cars that lack aspirational appeal
Old 24th January 2008, 16:35   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Renault & Mahindra are doing (KILLING) it for Logan, TATA does'nt have to do anything, the pricing is good, but the MILLION $ question is how reliable is it gonna be?
Reliability is now good, as long as niggling (small) issues dont bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
but tell me honestly how many TATA indigo/indica satisfied users we have on this forum ? Are these car’s trustworthy ? what abt fuel efficiency from diesel engine ? have you guys ever thought if Re-sale value after 3 years ? I guess Swift LDI (considering 5lakh bracket )?
Here is another happy Indigo customer! Sure, it does have some rough edges and small niggling issues, but it gives me more ride comfort / space / utility / economy than any other 5 lakh rupee sedan.

Fuel efficiency in city is between 11 - 12, depending on who is driving. Diesel Tata's are hot sellers in the used car market. My brother parked his Indica at a Shivaji Park petrol pump cum used car seller one morning. It was sold at a reasonable price by the evening.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Instead of 1.4L TCIC Diesel Engine they must bring 1.3 MJD which can bring others diesel cars in class tough competition.
that would mean an end for a few more cars, say swift-D, other than Logan. Come on Logan, time to stick to your 5000€ car price in India as well. well done Tata.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Have TATA got Indigo killer as well??
I don't think so. CS does not comes with POWER WINDOWS and DICOR engine and i think this is where the current INDIGO kicks in.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.. This gonna eat into the Indica market for sure !! I wonder how are they going to price the NEW Indica (X1) which is supposed to be sold alongside the old one.. and not to forget how they are going to price the Fiat cars in this segment !
Old 24th January 2008, 16:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Hmmm.. This gonna eat into the Indica market for sure !! I wonder how are they going to price the NEW Indica (X1) which is supposed to be sold alongside the old one.. and not to forget how they are going to price the Fiat cars in this segment !
Forget the new Indica for sometime now, at least till year end. TATA has no space to launch it. Same seems to be the reason for the low profile display of new Indica in Auto Expo. We will see some consolidation in models by TATA before new Indica Launch.

Last edited by naughtyfaction : 24th January 2008 at 16:52.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:22   #56
BHPian

Wow! A sub 4 lac sedan ex-showroom price! Tata's on a VFM frenzy. The side of the car looks like Renault Megane to me. Really nice! After these models, the normal Indigo XL etc enters in. So they're trying to place cars in whatever price bracket they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
This is probably the cerificate to retire for the Logan.
I guess so,the Logan isn't cheapest anymore. Competition is strong. But the Logan is a good car,its diesel engine sounds very good.

cya
A
Old 24th January 2008, 17:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

Why cant they give the logan's engine, swift's build quality and service and Indica's VFM in one car?

I wont digest the fact that all Tata buyers are unsatisfied. The build quality has come a long way from the Estate days.

But have to agree small issues still persist. I think thats the part of the VFM package. Well no car is perfect. This applies for the best selling car in the country too.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 24th January 2008 at 17:33.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:33   #58

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

wow!thats an unbeatable price and the car even looks good..the notchback design has worked wonders for the indigo,it looks much better now and at that price its going to destroy the competition.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Why cant they give the logan's engine, swift's build quality and service and Indica's VFM in one car?
Swift's build quality Am I missing something?
Amazingly, the top end CS undercuts swift LDi's price by over 25k's!!!! I am loving this!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 24th January 2008 at 18:05.
Old 24th January 2008, 18:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Finally the indigo gets a gorgeous behind as well

Most Viewed