Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 18:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Actually I dont view the CS as a step down from the regular Indigo. I actually prefer the CS for its looks.
Old 24th January 2008, 18:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Actually I dont view the CS as a step down from the regular Indigo. I actually prefer the CS for its looks.
Yup. Both aren't lookers, but somehow the CS looks more practical.
Old 24th January 2008, 18:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Amazingly, the top end CS undercuts swift LDi's price by over 25k's!!!! I am loving this!
Yes, thats the real deal! public will love this car!
Old 24th January 2008, 18:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

In the pricing section of the site, I see a model called SX-BSIII in the model drop down menu. But no reference at any other place. Does that mean a top end model is on the cards?

TATA MOTORS - IndigoCS
Old 24th January 2008, 19:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I back that. More like Viva looks better than Accent.

I bet it would make more sales if it had some with the Dicor option as TCIC is a bit noisy.

Logan is a bigger car, I dont think we can compare it with a CS.

Maybe one can compare Logan against Tata when it comes to built quality.

Wondering how many at TBHP would buy it now and if it was also available with that awesome Fiat engine!
Old 24th January 2008, 19:07   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Wondering how many at TBHP would buy it now and if it was also available with that awesome Fiat engine!
I most definately would..! cheers:
Old 24th January 2008, 19:26   #67
BHPian

amazing pricing from Tata....incredible...
Old 24th January 2008, 19:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Shock pricing! A sedan at the price of a hatch!

It should be another Best Seller from Tata!
actually its a notchback at the price of a hatchback
Old 24th January 2008, 20:56   #69
BHPian

How many Inches reduced?

Team, It looks same sized boot for my naked eyes. Could some one tell me how many Inches / Centi meters they have reduced?

The Indigo Dicor engine costs more but reviews says other than refinement there is not much to offer(Read Mileage). So it is an Cheap Alternative and to cut costs.
Old 24th January 2008, 21:21   #70
BHPian

Oh boy! Thats a beauty. Finally, a sedan on the Indica platform that can actually turn heads. So those moving up from the smaller hatches get a cheap alternative with this beautiful,spacious, practical and very 'VFM' notchback. Tata cars however, have'nt been known for making their drivers happy. I know its not meant to be a driver's car, but what the hell, it would be an added bonus if they made some improvements to the driving dynamics of the car. Maybe firm up the suspension set up a bit, improve the steering feel.You see, then the car would totally appeal to us, the minority, who are a bit more interested in how the car goes. May be I'm asking for a lot from an already fantastic product, but who knows, now with Fiat on their side, I think they can manage to get some inputs on how to make their cars appeal to the enthusiasts. I have signed up for a test drive, lets see how that goes.

Last edited by roms : 24th January 2008 at 21:27.
Old 24th January 2008, 21:37   #71
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Whats the difference between HVAC and AC?
HVAC comes with a heater whereas AC does not have that.
Old 24th January 2008, 21:52   #72
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The poor quality *** by TASC , spartan interiors and badmouthing by people who have not driven the car are responsible for the image whereas Maruti gets away with poor clutches in SX4 and Swift without a murmur anywhere.
One who buys a VFM car happily admits that his car has some minor issues because his decision still seems ok. One who buys an utterly overpriced car does not dare admit that his car has issues, because that makes him look stupid!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Finally the indigo gets a gorgeous behind as well
I would love to see a hatch/ estate version of this at a similar price. Something that has more boot space than the Indica but is not as big/ as pricey as the Indigo Marina

Last edited by Zappo : 24th January 2008 at 22:59. Reason: Post at one go please. Contiguous posts merged.
Old 24th January 2008, 22:20   #73
BHPian

Consolidation in order...

This is great pricing by Tata, but I believe they will have consolidate the variants across their models. They simply have too many options below the 5-lac bracket.

I guess its good they offered this with the TCIC version as the DICOR does not seem to be that refined. The TCIC is a more proven engine and I guess it also helped them keep the cost down.

As other team-bhpians have said, it would be just amazing if the MJD was fit into this car. That is just such a sweet combination.

The dealers are going to start offering Power windows and I guess the Central locking should be taken care by the security system people usually install when they get the car.

Last edited by thangu : 24th January 2008 at 22:21.
Old 24th January 2008, 22:43   #74
Senior - BHPian

Just how many surprises does Tata have for us this year?! They come out with the best looking Indigo yet, at an unbeatable price. They have served out a lesson on how to pass on tax sops to the customers and earn their respect.

It is only a matter of time before they come out with a DICOR version with power everything. They couldnt have made that shock impact by launching the more expensive version first.
Old 24th January 2008, 23:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

o ji, can I ask one zimble ze koshun?

TATA MOTORS - IndigoCS vs Pricing for dilli.
Indica Turbo DLS is 3.85
Indigo CS DLS (above + chotu boot) is 4.49.
think CS is cheap? I think not. Tata did some engineering for making CS, but I think they're charging a pretty decent premium for that mini boot, esp since both are in same excise bracket

So can we just chill and cut the hoopla? No one's here for charity!

Let's just bash Maruti for not having spotted that gap before, and Ford, for spotting it, but keeping all the moolah to itself , shall we?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks