Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 23:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
o ji, can I ask one zimble ze koshun?

TATA MOTORS - IndigoCS vs Pricing for dilli.
Indica Turbo DLS is 3.85
Indigo CS DLS (above + chotu boot) is 4.49.
think CS is cheap? I think not.
Not so fast. The CS LS has a TCIC engine, while the DLS has a non TCIC engine. a comparison with a DLG would have been more apt!
Old 25th January 2008, 00:11   #77
BHPian

Man! TATAs do deserve a reward! Look at how many models they have created just by playing with Indica's A**. I guess all the models when viewed from front are alike. By giving an increment of 1/2 ft of a** in each, look at the models (in that order!)
  1. Indica
  2. Indigo CS
  3. Indigo
  4. Indigo XL
  5. Indigo Marina
Moral of the story: You have to really slog your a** to earn something!

Last edited by akash_m : 25th January 2008 at 00:21.
Old 25th January 2008, 00:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Indica Turbo DLS is 3.85
think CS is cheap? I think not. Tata did some engineering for making CS, but I think they're charging a pretty decent premium for that mini boot, esp since both are in same excise bracket

So can we just chill and cut the hoopla? No one's here for charity!

Let's just bash Maruti for not having spotted that gap before, and Ford, for spotting it, but keeping all the moolah to itself , shall we?
Dont forget the ride comfort and other stuff like legroom.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:05   #79

i remember seeing this car all masked up and being tested with the sumo grande..it is a nive looking car..i never imagined that i would say this but..WELL DONE TATA
Old 25th January 2008, 01:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Man! TATAs do deserve a reward! Look at how many models they have created just by playing with Indica's A**. I guess all the models when viewed from front are alike. By giving an increment of 1/2 ft of a** in each, look at the models (in that order!)
  1. Indica
  2. Indigo CS
  3. Indigo
  4. Indigo XL
  5. Indigo Marina
there are small differences . The Indica and the CS look alike i guess, but the indigo has different headlights and front grille. The indigo XL is similar to the indigo, but the indicator glass is orange tinted ( the indigo has clear glass)

the marina looks like the indigo.

then you missed out on the V series Indigos , which have the old (pre 2007) look
Old 25th January 2008, 07:15   #81
BHPian

CS looks better than old indigo, for the price they offering its a good bet i think.
Old 25th January 2008, 09:15   #82
BHPian

People would be better off with the top end versions I guess. apart from black bumpers and no PS, even the tires are smaller (165 vs 175) in the base versions.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:32   #83
BHPian

I still think that the best product Tata has come out with till date is the Indigo XL 1.4 Petrol having a 16-valve DOHC engine belting out 101 bhp, 6-way powered driver seats, lumbar support, DVD entertainment system, rear AC vents with controls, built-in engine immobilizer et al. The icing on the cake is the amazing legroom which is better than any D-segment car.

All of the above and more at a price less than the Honda City...wow !!!

Last edited by samirsarkar : 25th January 2008 at 10:34.
Old 25th January 2008, 11:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Not so fast. The CS LS has a TCIC engine, while the DLS has a non TCIC engine. a comparison with a DLG would have been more apt!
not so fast brother. Atleast open the link i posted. It is for Indica TURBO DLS. I was comparing apples to apples. g'morning mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Dont forget the ride comfort and other stuff like legroom.
I concede that point. It is significant - the rear mcpherson suspension is the only difference. Legroom, I doubt. Do you have any numbers for the same?

All the same, 64k for a boot + mcpherson aint cheap - indica by itself has decent rear seat comfort, dontcha think?

atleast you'd agree - tata's not doing anyone a favor - its good pricing but nothing shocking!
Old 25th January 2008, 11:53   #85
rkg
Senior - BHPian

indica DLS has only turbo no intercooler. it has a power of 62 ps. + only 13" wheels.where as turbo DLG got intercooler and 68PS + 14" wheels. further DLG got fog lamps . indigo CS also got fog lamps. only difference is front power windows extra in indica turbo DLG
indigo Cs should be compared with indica DLG only
Old 25th January 2008, 12:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately in India, perception leads to us car buyers placing a psychological and monetary premium on 3-box/sedan/notchback cars over their hatchback counterparts.

A few examples - If only the Siena and the Corsa were priced just above their hatchback siblings, they would have sold better, If only Maruti price the Swift Dezire just above or close to the Swift...but that would eat into the Swift sales and thats simply not on. Positioning is what they call it in marketing parlance.
Old 25th January 2008, 12:39   #87

overpricing is more evident when we compare the petrol versions. xeta glg is costing 3.00 lacs after discounts and where as indigo cs petrol is 3.95 that too with no power windows and only things extra are a boot and bigger tyres

Quote:
not so fast brother. Atleast open the link i posted. It is for Indica TURBO DLS. I was comparing apples to apples. g'morning mate!

I concede that point. It is significant - the rear mcpherson suspension is the only difference. Legroom, I doubt. Do you have any numbers for the same?

All the same, 64k for a boot + mcpherson aint cheap - indica by itself has decent rear seat comfort, dontcha think?

atleast you'd agree - tata's not doing anyone a favor - its good pricing but nothing shocking!
Old 25th January 2008, 13:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
indica DLS has only turbo no intercooler. it has a power of 62 ps. + only 13" wheels.where as turbo DLG got intercooler and 68PS + 14" wheels. further DLG got fog lamps . indigo CS also got fog lamps. only difference is front power windows extra in indica turbo DLG
indigo Cs should be compared with indica DLG only

thats want i meant , but couldnt edit it because of the post moderation .
Old 25th January 2008, 13:14   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Indica Turbo DLS is 3.85
think CS is cheap? I think not. Tata did some engineering for making CS, but I think they're charging a pretty decent premium for that mini boot, esp since both are in same excise bracket

So can we just chill and cut the hoopla? No one's here for charity!

Let's just bash Maruti for not having spotted that gap before, and Ford, for spotting it, but keeping all the moolah to itself , shall we?
You are forgetting the fact that this has better suspension front and back, bigger wheelbase and the prestige associated with a three box car.
The point is not how much profit Tata's making on each car, the point here is how many cars as capable as this were available for this price? Not even a single one, so this move from Tata has to be applauded even though they are not doing any charity, they are a business after all.
The top end model Diesel CS undercuts Swift base diesel by over 25k's.
The top end petrol costs the same as base UVA and top end i10!!!!
Old 25th January 2008, 13:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing. They surely have a winner here. I would prefer this car to any other entry level sedan any day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks