Team-BHP - Sumo Grande Official Website????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Sumo Grande Official Website???? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34697-sumo-grande-official-website.html)

can anyone direct me to official website for the recently unveiled Tata Sumo Grande...looks to me as if it is not yet been put up......

Yup, the site for the Sumo Grande in not up as yet. Have been searching for the same. The tata motors site still has the Sumo Victa micro-site.

Guess they have not 'really' launched it. The dealers also don't have the Sumo Grande on display.

The last I saw, they were still testing the Sumo Grande and the Xenon in and around Pimpri. I guess they are nowhere near launching it yet.

strange!! the tata guys at the auto expo stall said that it has been launched in showrooms. best way to check.. gotta visit a tata dealer for a small q & a session! :)

It seems Delhi launch is on 27th and Kerala launch is on 7th Feb. I got this info from Hyson Motors Trichur,Kerala. They are going for a training in the coming days. Waiting for the launch.

Dont know about the official website but you can see the official Sumo Grande TV promo here

mangalore dealer says its going to come in 2 weeks-feb 7th i think

BTW, when is it going to be launched in Bangalore. Need to TD the vehicle. Just for a comparo with Safari/Scorpio.

IMO, it should perform better than the safari, engine is same 2.2l, Power-to-weight ratio should be good and Sumo gearbox is a proven one.(Unless they de-tweak it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 701385)
BTW, when is it going to be launched in Bangalore. Need to TD the vehicle. Just for a comparo with Safari/Scorpio.

I agree with dadu the Sumo gearbox is a proven gearbox and I don't think tata would do anything to jeopardize that one feature.The looks car looks more Suv than it's predecessor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 701396)
IMO, it should perform better than the safari, engine is same 2.2l, Power-to-weight ratio should be good and Sumo gearbox is a proven one.(Unless they de-tweak it)

The engine is de-tuned to 120bhp and 250Nm.

Team BHPians there is already a Thread started on same topic Sumo Grande will it Kill Scorpio ? , please post your comments on the same thread so that everyone can share there opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 701396)

PTW Ratio - @ 1.9x Ton's i dont think the grande will have better performance characteristics than a safari (remember rear Coil's with Multilink vs Leaf Spring), It would be safe to assume that the performance would be better than the earlier Sumo in all respects.

I quite like the looks of the Grande. Way better than the new Scorpio for sure.

Hi Everyone,

This sure looks like the web site url for the new Sumo Grande.

New Domain

I also checked the domain owners and it is indeed Tata Motors.

Hope they bring it online soon.

Manik