Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:44   #1

Toyota Innova Recall - Owner's Experience

We have a 2007 Innova G4 8S and received a registered letter from Toyota informing us about the recall in addition to mobile SMS reminders from our dealer.

We scheduled our appointment for 1st Feb 2008 and were informed that the work would take two and a half hours. We were delayed by half an hour due to traffic. We received our vehicle at noon, two and a half hours after arriving at the dealership at 9:30 am.

We also received details of the worked performed through the bill
(billed for Rs 0/-)

Here are the bill details:

Service Parts

1. 9017010010 Nut. Hexagon 10 Nos Rs. 0.00
2. 9451200800 Washer.Spring 10 Nos Rs. 0.00

Labour

1. 7FN024 Differential Mounting Nuts & Washer 1 Nos Rs 0.00

Total Amount: 0.00
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has the reputation of keeping their word and they have done it. :-)
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:21   #3
Team-BHP Support

not much of an experience but good to hear they stick to their word.
Old 2nd February 2008, 13:17   #4
BHPian

what is the cost of labour and the spares they have replaced(actual cost)??
Old 2nd February 2008, 13:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

NO wonder Toyota is heading to be the No.1 in the world.
Old 2nd February 2008, 15:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Stole my words

Busa,
You stole words from my mouth.
Its actually becasue of this reason why they inched up on GM.

Good job Toyota.
Its rare to see so hassle free recall.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its a Good show on Toyota and they are matching up to the International standards of their brand here in India too. Kudos Toyota and another satisfied customer on the count giving a nice feedback about their marketing hospitality and service making inroads to potential customers like me
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:32   #8
BANNED

thats good from toyota...even a small washer or nut defect is recalled by toyota, witout any second thought...other indian players shud follow this and try to note their defects in public though its small..it will increase their brand image
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:47   #9
BHPian

For me Toyota is no different from Mitsubishi, Nissan and Honda. I remember this is 4th recall in recent years. They are also not tamper proof. But somehow, they didn't get affected as much as Mitsu or Nissan.
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Looks like good move by Toyota hopefully they are not creating marketing gimic, If there is real problem and hence recall, its good anyway thats how we should predict as of now.

OT:

2 weeks back When I took appointment to get few issues I noticed in my Petrol innova (ODO 23,000km) fixed at Ravindu Toyota, they addressed the issues promptly and I am surprised to see they didn't even charged me for labour although it was 4+ hours job.

1. Loose Driver seat : Fixed
2. Outside Bad Smell used to enter the cabin when Ac on even when inside air circulation mode : Fixed
3. Tight clutch/gear: fixed (I guess they did clutch bleeding..)
4. In bad roads some slight noise we noticed from dashbaord, all 4 doors: Fixed

They explained me the job done very neat and they said bill is ZERO even although these issues are mainly because of polluttion in air, bad road conditions the way vehicle is driven.

So I am starting to appreciate Toyota for showing improvement day by day and their Managers assured me very soon they are going to come up with better service plan and show further enhancements in their quality.

I am so glad about car manufacturers who show improvement and promptly fix the issues after I had revisit multiple times to see few things are not sorted out with other car service stations (TATA,MUL are best examples) in the past.

The reason: 2010 is the year in india where Public will start giving importance to safety, good comfort, better quality/service. All Urban People will start looking for practicality rather than go economocal with lot of small niggles (like Maruti, TATA). I guess Toyota knows this fact very well and they are preparing themselves to build good reputation now itself.

Whatever the reason its welcome move by Toyota! as long as Customer is benefited.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
The reason: 2010 is the year in india where Public will start giving importance to safety, good comfort, better quality/service.
Do you know what month in 2010 this will happen?
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmenezes View Post
We have a 2007 Innova G4 8S and received a registered letter from Toyota informing us about the recall in addition to mobile SMS reminders from our dealer.

We scheduled our appointment for 1st Feb 2008 and were informed that the work would take two and a half hours. We were delayed by half an hour due to traffic. We received our vehicle at noon, two and a half hours after arriving at the dealership at 9:30 am.

(billed for Rs 0/-)

Service Parts

Labour

Is this an advertorial from Toyota? I mean, first post and that too praising Toyota. Recalls happen in every country. What's new?

Last edited by ashutoshb : 2nd February 2008 at 20:36.
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmenezes View Post

(billed for Rs 0/-)

Service Parts

Labour

The nut and washer being replaced goes into the differential. It should not be seen as, that Toyota recalls even a small nut, the wearing out of this could actually mean serious disaster may be on the move.

You should question how does a nut/washer associated with something as critical as the differential need to be recalled in the first place.

Now if Toyota recalled to fix a nut holding the front brake rotor, we would still say, wow Toyota cares so much that it recalls to change a nut.

Last edited by 1100D : 2nd February 2008 at 23:16.
Old 3rd February 2008, 09:34   #14
BHPian

Guys,

I feel we need to be more realistic than just praising toyota for the work that they have done. What they have done it trying to rectify a problem that they have made. It is thier responsibility to do it. Because other than the people who desgined it not many people would not know that it is defective.

I have mentioned it the other thread too. We keep giving too much credit to the wrong manufacturer.

I feel no recall is better than a recall. Nut which can stall a vehcile has a different kind of impact that what holds a mirror.

Anyway there service looks quite puntcual.
Old 3rd February 2008, 10:18   #15
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I feel no recall is better than a recall.
I cant agree with you here. It is better for a manufacturer to acknowledge and fix the problem instead of just ignoring it.

I cannot think of a single manufacturer in any industry who can make a defect free product. A buyer will buy a product which has least # of defects. But, there will be some defects in every product and buyers will still buy the product if they know that manufacturer actively recognizes the defects and proactively fixes them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks