Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 09:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
Correct me if i m wrong here:

the petrol and diesel prices of both the cars are very similar,a person who has a budget of 5 lakhs and wants to buy a a mid size sedan then the options are very few (indigo,logan,ford ikon,esteem/swift sedan,accent(to be phased out)...)

you ll not get SX4,aveo,fiesta in a 5 lakh budget..
The Logan DLE costs almost 60 K more than the Indigo LS TDI. and about 1.1 Lakh more than the Indigo CS LS. So the prices are not similar. therefore one has to factor in the higher cost of the Logan while comparing the cars. a comparision from indiaautomobile is linked here IndiaAutomobile.com
Old 4th February 2008, 09:51   #17
BHPian

The Indigo CS is definately better then a Logan. The only plus point of Logan is a slightly more refined engine.

So Indigo scores overall.
Old 4th February 2008, 09:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
And for the umpteenth time, Mahindra-Renault JV is very much on. Its the Mahindra-Renault-Nissan JV which faced problems.
People please read the quoted text carefully and stop spreading this rumour that Mahindra-Renault JV is off.

If we compare Logan with Ikon or Accent then I would definitely say that Accent and Ikon are more refined. But compared to Indigo, Logan is definitely better.
Old 4th February 2008, 10:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

My vote would go for the Logan - as it is more refined and is likely to cause you lesser problems HOWEVER if you want maximum bang for your buck then I would recommend the Indigo as it is sheer VFM.
Old 4th February 2008, 10:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

I vote for indigo. we should calculate the VFM as one of the quality too, and indigo has an upperhand. I did test drive both cars - i found driving Logan to be a slightly better experience, but not substantial (think Verna,Fiesta). I have a Palio and had no major concerns from TATA services (Manipal Motors, Bangalore). As an added advantage - TATA has much more service centers.

Calculating the best car without money doesn't make sense - then i can compare SXi with Civic and say Civic is a better car. So for the lower end I will go for Indigo - And If i want a better overall package, i might as well pay the extra 1.5 lacs from Logan and go for a Fiesta/Verna diesel.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:51   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Car versus car, the Logan is undoubtedly the superior of the two. But get price into the equation and the Logan simply doesn't offer value for money, which is what this segment of buyers are looking for.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:33   #22
BHPian

My friend is also in two minds over these choices. He seems to like Logan but is not sure of how the new car would do. Also, there are lot of rumors floating around about JV which are not very good for Logan.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
My friend is also in two minds over these choices. He seems to like Logan but is not sure of how the new car would do. Also, there are lot of rumors floating around about JV which are not very good for Logan.
Simple, ask him to choose which ever gives the best VFM.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:47   #24
BHPian

Even car-vs-car, I was so very excited when the Logan was coming to India. The first thing I noticed was the build quality. It was, lets say, at best, mediocre. The doors were shutting with a "tingg." sound rather than a "thud" ?? Add to that the super-duper hi-fi design of the cross-over dials (done to fit both petrol and diesel), I guess that just made me feel like a step-child trying to get into family property. For one, you really can't beat the Indigo's rear seat comfort. Yes, the engine needs some way to go with the refinement etc but nevertheless, its been an able bodied clattering champion.

The way I see it is that most foreign manufacturers try their best to pull a fast one on the Indian buyer wherever they can. I remember the Qualis, wasn't it a 1980's something model that Toyota dumped in India? And we chewed it up like crazy. I am not going to be judgemental about it considering the high cost of entry into the indian market, but come on! India has moved on from the time when we had only Ambys and Fiats. My gripe continues until the time foreign manufacturers consider Indian market as a prime area rather than a dumping ground of older models.

My vote goes to Indigo solely based on the fact that its a comfy sedan and its surely VFM.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:11   #25
BHPian

The build quality of the two

What about the build quality of Indigo and the Logan. I heard Indigo has a better build quality than the Logan. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The first thing I noticed was the build quality. It was, lets say, at best, mediocre. The doors were shutting with a "tingg."
you're are the first one who's saying so!

Quote:
My gripe continues until the time foreign manufacturers consider Indian market as a prime area rather than a dumping ground of older models.
Logan is not an old model my friend! It was introduced in 2004. Is very much in production in more than 20 countries. Have not been phased out in any country till now.

Please read this: Dacia Logan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. this should clear out some confusion.
cheers..
Old 4th February 2008, 20:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
For one, you really can't beat the Indigo's rear seat comfort.
My uncle has an indigo and he says the rear seat is not that comfy. He says that the back rest is straight and it is little difficult for travelling long distances.
Old 4th February 2008, 20:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

After all the Hoopla about Renault/Dacia finding a means of making a low-priced sedan, which is seriously undercut by a new manufacturer making no such claims whatsoever. No prizes for guessing Indigo all the way.

Where is the poll?
Old 4th February 2008, 20:36   #29
BHPian

Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

Where is the poll?
dont know, had requested the mods earlier

mods::can we have a poll on this
Old 5th February 2008, 02:42   #30
BHPian

I'd go with the indigo.
More space inside the cabin and boot, more importantly its indian!
and also, i dont like the shape of the logan, not as in i dont like like it, its just a turn off for me!
Had actually gone for a test drive in june while taking the ikon, but the basioc one didnt even have a power steering, more over the one which had costed as much as a Fiesta, so i didnt understand the double standards, coz the car doesnt sell they reduce the price and give all features and go into hard selling??

Most Viewed