Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 17:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Wait for one month and Swift Dezire will be on roads. Just have a look at that also. It would be the competitor for Indigo & Logan. It will be released in both Petrol and Diesel versions. Pls read the thread raised and updated by Ram Hyundai about an hour ago. May be (my guess) Swift Dezire may over take Logan & Indigo. Who knows.

thanks
i know that,and after that i thought why not add swift desire to the list.
MODS:can we have the thread renamed as ""indigo v/s logan v/s desire", with a poll.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 11th February 2008 at 17:31. Reason: typing error
Old 11th February 2008, 17:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But my "value" argument is matched by the additional number of customers that the Indigo enjoys each month....the price differential is simply not justified. The Logan diesel is a cheap sedan that wasn't priced too cheap. Throw money out of the equation and everyone will line up to buy an S-Class. Thats not the real world now, is it?

Tata score better on value. Under the 10 lakh barrier, thats what counts in India.

Exactly!
Old 11th February 2008, 18:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

my vote goes to indigo.

at 5L otr for the topend cs diesel variant. its the most vfm product. it also has s322 tires as stock.
Old 8th March 2008, 11:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
my vote goes to indigo.

at 5L otr for the topend cs diesel variant. its the most vfm product. it also has s322 tires as stock.
The budget has made the equasion furthur in favour of the Indigo CS (which is basically the Indigo TDI with 50 litres (and few mm) shaved off its boot) by allowing tata to drop its price by 12 k. so now Indigo CS LS costs around 4.3 L ex showroom (4.7 otr) while the Logan DLE is 5.6 L. (6.15 otr) a substantial difference of 1.45 L. Putting it in another way... the logan is thus 30% more expensive than the CS
Old 8th March 2008, 13:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Is tata indica/go interior quality really that bad? Atleast for me, I could not make out any differnce look wise between those cars.
The new CS is really a VFM. But as someone mentioned in the other thread, is it V1? Do we need to wait for V2 CS?
Old 8th March 2008, 15:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

I was one of the 1st owners of Indigo in my city. But sold the car in one year . The car gave me few problems . But still Indigo is an awesome value for money. Only if they improve the refinement, interior quality. Just hope Tata answers all critics in the Next generation Indigo!
Old 8th March 2008, 15:28   #67
BHPian

How can it be V1, they just shaved off the boot a little bit otherwise the car is the same as the original TDI Indigo
Old 8th March 2008, 17:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

my vote for the indigo CS
Old 8th March 2008, 17:40   #69
BHPian

My vote for Logan.For engine side compared to indigo logan is the best and for space as well.
Old 8th March 2008, 18:00   #70
BHPian

My vote goes to Indigo.

Its very good VFM

Last edited by Car-Agey : 8th March 2008 at 18:02.
Old 8th March 2008, 20:38   #71
BHPian

My vote goes to Logan, as it's built quality is beeter than Indigo.

Logan also score in the engine part (diesel), as it is much better than the Indigo.
Old 9th March 2008, 08:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

Logan is undoubtedly the better car. Buwithits pricing it negates the very plank on which it is sold accreoss the world, i.e. A VFM low cost car.

While those going for petrol would prefer Logan ( Tata is still not good with petrol engines) the Indigo Diesel CS would lure many more buyers than the Logan Diesel. The Logan Diesel is priced way too high.
Old 9th March 2008, 08:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

rajneesh saab, tata not being good with petrol engines? eh? hello!

saddi xeta is close to 30k, and while its no rev-happy as an alto can be (atleast on CNG), but it surely gives all the torque pretty low down. Or is it a third hand experience on tata petrols that you speak of?
Old 10th March 2008, 13:51   #74

No comparisons!

Just because government offers excise benefits, u cant go around cutting all car boots inch by inch.Indigo can win over Logan only if compared with respect to price.Otherwise in all other departments, Logan is way ahead of Indigo.You just cant compare them.Lets have a look :
Looks : Logan
Drive feel : Logan
Acceleration : Logan
Boot space : Logan
Rear seat spacing : Logan
Price : Indigo
Engineering : Logan
Not only this!Even if you ask a service station guy as to which cars visit him ofetn out of the Logan and Indigo. The answer is TATA Indigo.How can Indigo be a winner?Just because its the cheapest sedan?Its not always about the price.
Old 10th March 2008, 17:20   #75
BHPian

TATA Indigo - All the way. At 5 lac OTR for the topend diesel Indigo CS, nothing comes close. In addition to what some have mentioned, Mahindra - Renault couldn't re-engineer the Wipers(and controls too) to suit RHD till date. TATAs have proved that VFM need not be equated to antiquated boxy design / flat panels / interchangeable mirror covers / single reverse light etc. In my opinion, it is cheap and taking cost cutting to extremes. Yes, TATA cars are not epitomes of reliability but then Logan is about a year old. When you are saving almost 30 % of the cost, you can surely live up with a few niggles.

-Harshavardhan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks