Team-BHP - indigo v/s logan, what`s your choice
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   indigo v/s logan, what`s your choice (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35022-indigo-v-s-logan-what-s-your-choice.html)

hi
with the launch of new indigo(cs) i think its the logan which has been affected the most.esteem is not available and the swift sedan has not been launched.dont know about ford ikon,
so who wins the battle??indigo v/s logan
my vote goes to the indigo.

The Indigo CS is not alone battling it out. All the variants of the Indigo are competing against the Logan. With the introduction of the CS, expect the sales graph to tilt even more towards Indigo's directions.

If you are talking about the sales figures, Indigo definitely has an edge. But, if you are asking which is a better car? Overall, Logan is definitely a better bet. My vote goes to the Logan.

With the introduction of new cars, Tata will have variants for every 20~30K price difference. Their models will compete with themselves and they will certainly give the tough competition to the models of other car manufacturers in the same segment.

Anyways, my vote here goes with Indigo and Ranault has broken away with M&M and is going independently.

Even I feel that Logan is a better car than Indigo. I have driven both and saying on that basis only.

Well, the comparison between logan and Indigo is uncalled for, because the winner is already known - Logan.

The quality of Indigo in particular and Tata cars in general, so far, seems to be wanting. A logan buyer would consider other cars like Aveo, sx4, accent, ford fiesta,etc and not Indigo.

One needs to look at the JD Power Ratings about the number of problems per hundred cars. Tata cars, of any category has never made into the list, except for being told that it stands above Ambassador. Whereas, Logan has made into the top in terms least number of problems per hundred cars.

Also, the overall sales figures of Tata cars are stagnating(infact this year, the sales have been in the negative category marginally).Hope, with the new set of launches in 2008, there may be an increase in the sales. Would there be an improvement in the quality. I keep my fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car-ma-car (Post 709381)
the comparison between logan and Indigo is uncalled for, because the winner is already known - Logan.

Correct me if i m wrong here:

the petrol and diesel prices of both the cars are very similar,a person who has a budget of 5 lakhs and wants to buy a a mid size sedan then the options are very few (indigo,logan,ford ikon,esteem/swift sedan,accent(to be phased out)...)

you ll not get SX4,aveo,fiesta in a 5 lakh budget..

mods::can we have a poll added to this thread.

Quote:

Well, the comparison between logan and Indigo is uncalled for, because the winner is already known - Logan.

Hope, with the new set of launches in 2008, there may be an increase in the sales. Would there be an improvement in the quality. I keep my fingers crossed.

Well, one needs to peek into history from how many years these two are manufacturing cars? You will find the answer. You have to congratulate Tata's for their tremendous efforts in such a small time they have grown and giving competition to their MNC counterparts.

There are many threads in this forum itself wherein we have discussed regarding the Logan is better or Indigo is better. I myself have driven both the cars and I feel Indigo is a complete VFM. The Logan is overpriced with what they offer.

As a Car, Logan scores ahead of Indigo in terms of engine, refinement, reliabilty etc, my vote goes to Logan!

After driving the two Id say the Indigo is definatly ahead. The Logan is just too much of a compromise.

Quote:

Sales figures say otherwise.

Quote:

Also, the overall sales figures of Tata cars are stagnating(infact this year, the sales have been in the negative category marginally).

What do you mean when you sales are in the negative category? Is Tata buying cars from the public instead of selling cars?

Even I have TD'd both (Diesel Versions). I felt Indigo was much better than Logan and an complete VFM. Moreover, what Tata had offered me as a complete package was nowhere comparable with Logan.

Well its really tough.
As a car, Logan is better, we all know this.
But then after the recent developments that Mahindra wants to leave JV because Renault went to Bajaj for $3000 car, its clear that Mahindra is not interested in JV.

Just think that if really Mahindra leaves then, where will you go for service and maintenence?
So though Logan is a better car, it loses just as FIAT. A potential customer who is spending 5-5.5 Lakh will not want such an unpredictable future.

So he will go for Indigo. Tata is constantly getting better and better and hope that After Sales and Service will get better soon.

So to conclude, the winner on the heart is Logan as it is better and I feel, a safer car.

But the head goes to INDIGO.

SO WINNER IS INDIGO.

Mahindra's after sales is much better than Tata. My brother has owned an Indigo for four years. So, I atleast have an idea. There are many who don't even know what the other side is like, and still going on with statements based on just assumptions.

Also, if we are comparing the history of the manufacturers here.. both used to make trucks or jeeps at one point. One has grown by itself into a car maker. Which is appreciable, but we all know the quality of Tata cars and we can not overlook that fact.

Other has taken help from a manufacturer which is making cars since 1898. And Logan is a Renault product. Not Dacia, but Renault. Designed by Renault engineers, by using Renault parts, on a Renault platform. And assembled by Mahindra in India.

And for the umpteenth time, Mahindra-Renault JV is very much on. Its the Mahindra-Renault-Nissan JV which faced problems.