Old 25th February 2008, 14:20   #61
BHPian

"phamilyman" I just called their Help Line Number 011-30308080

Price said for Spark (Mangalore)

1.0 PS - 3,41,044
1.0 LT - 3,89,869
FULLY loaded - 4,37,119

[ All rates are same which listed on website ]

Spark madam said, Discount of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000. Offer ends on 29th Feb. ......New kind of Marketing Technique from GM.

Last edited by deadman : 25th February 2008 at 14:31.
Old 25th February 2008, 14:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Thanks "phamilyman" for information

About Nimz, I think he was busy with his Girl Friend (The Spark)
LOL and thanks for the welcome... lost at work. Just got a bit free and what else to do but spend it with my cute sparky.

I got an email from a fellow Spark owner about a trip organized by GM, Kochi for all Spark owners a copy paste from the mail he sent me

"Tomorrow there is a family trip arranged by GM for Spark owners from GM showroom in kochi to Dream World water theme park @ athirampally. 20 liters pertrol plus lunch provided for two, some 35 cars going it seems.... will get back with loads of pics....."
I dont know if this has already been discussed but damn good I must say. Low prices and trips like these, more reason to go Sparking
Old 25th February 2008, 15:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price said for Spark (Mangalore)

1.0 PS - 3,41,044
1.0 LT - 3,89,869
FULLY loaded - 4,37,119

[ All rates are same which listed on website ]
Are these On-Road prices?
Old 25th February 2008, 18:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

i am starting to see lot of new sparks in my town once this offer was introduced
Old 25th February 2008, 18:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Spark madam said, Discount of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000. Offer ends on 29th Feb. ......New kind of Marketing Technique from GM.
If this is true, it means they simply dont want to learn from the mistakes they've committed in the past and want to fluctiate the price of their car like a commodity. Why would someone do this to their product?

"Aaj Spark ka kya bhav hai? (translated: How much is a Spark for TODAY?)". Most of us treat the car as a medium (to long) term posession and dont like such fluctuations.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
If this is true, it means they simply dont want to learn from the mistakes they've committed in the past and want to fluctiate the price of their car like a commodity. Why would someone do this to their product?

"Aaj Spark ka kya bhav hai? (translated: How much is a Spark for TODAY?)". Most of us treat the car as a medium (to long) term posession and dont like such fluctuations.
Ye./... I agree with you......But as per sales guy here, GM want to see more spark on road, so they are selling them for less profit..

"NetfreakBombay " they are ex-showroom price....

Last edited by deadman : 25th February 2008 at 18:40. Reason: spelling
Old 25th February 2008, 19:06   #67
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Ye./... I agree with you......But as per sales guy here, GM want to see more spark on road, so they are selling them for less profit..

"NetfreakBombay " they are ex-showroom price....
Some days back, I saw an advt. in TOI Bangalore saying that GM promises that Spark prices won't be altered after the budget. So I am not sure if the prices might really be fluctuating.
Old 25th February 2008, 19:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Some days back, I saw an advt. in TOI Bangalore saying that GM promises that Spark prices won't be altered after the budget. So I am not sure if the prices might really be fluctuating.
they'll probably alter the discount. even now, the official price is 40k above the discounted selling price
Old 25th February 2008, 19:17   #69
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
they'll probably alter the discount. even now, the official price is 40k above the discounted selling price
Altering discounts is something which every company does. So why would GM be singled out on that front?
Old 25th February 2008, 19:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Altering discounts is something which every company does. So why would GM be singled out on that front?
its not altering the discounts thats a problem - its the sheer quantum and volatility in the discount. around Diwali there was a 50k discount, then there was none for a few months and now again its a 40k discount. this pretty much benchmarks the resale value of the car to the 50k discounted price and would make people who had bought it during the interim full price period a bit unhappy about having overpaid. i don't think any other car maker has such volatility in the discounts.
Old 25th February 2008, 20:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
its not altering the discounts thats a problem - its the sheer quantum and volatility in the discount. around Diwali there was a 50k discount, then there was none for a few months and now again its a 40k discount. this pretty much benchmarks the resale value of the car to the 50k discounted price and would make people who had bought it during the interim full price period a bit unhappy about having overpaid. i don't think any other car maker has such volatility in the discounts.
Was there a period between the 50K discount in Oct. and the 40K discount now that there was a premium or at least no discount on the Spark. I have followed GM from at least 2001 onwards, and I can assure you that at least twice in a year, GM either cuts the price or increases the discount. What costs 6 now shall cost 5 after a year, 4.5 after 2 years, till even the low price cannot clear the stock. The MRP normally remains the same. In other words, GM's MRP is like the MRP on consumer electronics such as TVs, fridge.
Old 25th February 2008, 21:04   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Was there a period between the 50K discount in Oct. and the 40K discount now that there was a premium or at least no discount on the Spark.
I had enquired around December. There was no discount then and they were saying delivery would take 2-3 months. That time they were still trying to clear the bookings made during the 50k discount period.
Old 25th February 2008, 21:36   #73
BHPian

VASUDEVA ...Oh man........what a GM story!...........so what will be the actual price of spark? 2 lac?
Old 26th February 2008, 09:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Only God knows what would be the floor price for GM. As you would know, ultimately making cars should be profitable, and GM most certainly is not, even after excluding their high legacy costs. Small cars are even more unprofitable at small volumes, so perhaps GM is hoping to turn a profit by selling more at less through economies of scale. But, so far none of their models in a decade in India have achieved a decent market position and volumes. It could be for the short run, say 3-4 months, but then sales go down, and even more price cuts.

Why not research on your own, and come to your own conclusions.
Old 26th February 2008, 09:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

I must make it clear that I bought a GM car in 10/2003, researched the company (for my job) since 2001, have followed its price cuts since 2003, seen its monthly sales, and then have made my statements. My viewpoint:

Plus for GM-comfort, decent cars
Negative-service, resale, suspect long term durability, phasing out (because of being flops rather than new generation)

The negatives outweigh the positives and most people are not willing to do a trade-off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks