Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 17:12   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
^buy the ps version having power steering for 3.32
Gm offers cashless ownership offer for 3 years.
Aur Teen Saal ke Baad ?
Old 12th May 2008, 17:47   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Aur Teen Saal ke Baad ?
Teen saal ke baad? The same thing that happens to other cars after 3rd free service!
Old 12th May 2008, 20:32   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
yes, even i have test driven spark, i liked it very ,much....i wana wait until october 08, bcoz Nano and a-star going to launch in that month....GM may slash another 50,000 and base version may start from 2.50lac or less

do they have so much cushion on margins?
Old 12th May 2008, 22:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

@Shankyz: With all due respect, CaAT has taken your case

Resale value would've been bad earlier. But I'd just want to know how things are currently ongoing with sparks before anything else. The car is good, regardless of people's prejudices!
Old 4th July 2008, 03:27   #125
BHPian

Price Cut: Now Chevy Spark @ 2.66 lakh,

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Rising inflation and slowing demand have forced carmakers to change their strategies. The first to fall in line is General Motors India (GMI), which has announced a special offer price of Rs 2.66 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for its small Chevrolet Spark.
Source

Is this a Share stock, going up,down and down & then up.?
Old 4th July 2008, 07:05   #126
Senior - BHPian

Probably they should have realised that their monthly sales figure was so green mainly due to this model.
Btw, I heard that there new plant will be in production which is almost more than the current capacity. So, will that contribute to these offer? Just a couple of days SRV for 6.5 and now Spark?
Old 4th July 2008, 08:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

One day I am gonna read 'Spark Electric' now at 2lac OTR.

2.66 is Alto and Xeta territory!
Old 4th July 2008, 09:06   #128
Senior - BHPian

Spark price seem to be following sensex.

Wonder what the spark buyer in Apr/May '07 would be thinking about multiple price corrections & as a result dwindling resale price of spark.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:20   #129
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what is GM smoking!!! I pity '07 buyers of Spark. I think we should have a thread on regular Price reduction of Spark.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:23   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I wonder what is GM smoking!!! I pity '07 buyers of Spark. I think we should have a thread on regular Price reduction of Spark.
There is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ighlight=spark
Old 4th July 2008, 11:26   #131
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sigh, will GM ever learn? Why can't they decide on the Spark's price once and for all. They are totally killing the resale values, not to mention the anguish created in existing owners. Such crazy promotions only create confusion in the minds of the potential buyer, and is not a good thing for the brand.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:42   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sigh, will GM ever learn? Why can't they decide on the Spark's price once and for all. They are totally killing the resale values, not to mention the anguish created in existing owners. Such crazy promotions only create confusion in the minds of the potential buyer, and is not a good thing for the brand.
Maybe they should follow what Apple did. Give some discounts on service or free service or extended warranty for existing buyers.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:46   #133
bkm
BHPian

Why blame GM only for discount . Even Suzuki is offering heavy discounts on Zen , Alto , wagon R etc. The discount offered by GM now is without cashless maintenance scheme , so net effect of reduction is not much . Spark is a wonderful car with quite improved service at least in Mumbai.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

BKM - Giving a discount & reducing the base price are two different things. When you give a discount, the base price remains the same & most of the prospective/existing customers are none the wiser but when you reduce the base price you publicise it & so existing customers feel that they've been cheated as if they'd waited for a bit more they could have saved some money & prospective buyers always have the doubt in their minds that if they wait a little more they might get the car even cheaper!

So in the case of a price reduction the loser is the company as the consumers are always vary about when there might be another price cut which will drive their cars resale vale southwards. And nobody is saying anything about the Spark, it's a comment on GM's policies which are baffling to say the least.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:19   #135
BHPian

Oils not well!

May - June hasn't been the best of the month for the industry. The petrol hike has slowed down the sales for many manufacturers.

Regarding discounts - Spark, Estilo and Wagon R have been leading the stakes with the max discounts crossing 50K in few cases! This for a sub 4L mass selling car is quite an event.

Elito

Most Viewed