Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 09:39   #46
bkm
BHPian

Yes , spark is true value for money at the offered price and slowly it will get the attention of people , it deserves.
Old 24th February 2008, 19:57   #47
BHPian

2.89 lacs for which model? website [ Chevrolet Spark ] shows different rate
Old 24th February 2008, 20:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
2.89 lacs for which model? website [ Chevrolet Spark ] shows different rate

i think it is the price after discount..
Old 24th February 2008, 23:04   #49
bkm
BHPian

2.89 lacs is Ex showroom price for Base model (only AC) , no power steering in Delhi.
Old 25th February 2008, 06:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
2.89 lacs is Ex showroom price for Base model (only AC) , no power steering in Delhi.
Base model? on website they have 2 without power steering.... Price as per website Chevrolet Spark

When spark going to launch with "1.3L multijet (swift’s engine) diesel engine" ? I came to know about this from this site... http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmthehe...spark-variant/
Old 25th February 2008, 10:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
But the best thing is whoever bought this car is really happy. I interacted with at least five spark owners, surprisingly all of them are advocating for the product. In my opinion this is the best car in its segment.
Having driven it for last 4 months and approximately 3000 kms, I can vouch for this statement.

It looks like a small car from outside but is huge on space inside, especially the rear seats. IMO, it is way ahead of the Estilos, the Santros, the Wagon Rs and other hatchs in terms of looks, comfort and the goodies offered.

But I feel bad for those people who bought the car before the beginning of 50k discount in Oct 2007 and after Dassera (when the discount ended). They must have felt like cheated by GM.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
Having driven it for last 4 months and approximately 3000 kms, I can vouch for this statement.

It looks like a small car from outside but is huge on space inside, especially the rear seats. IMO, it is way ahead of the Estilos, the Santros, the Wagon Rs and other hatchs in terms of looks, comfort and the goodies offered.

But I feel bad for those people who bought the car before the beginning of 50k discount in Oct 2007 and after Dassera (when the discount ended). They must have felt like cheated by GM.
Not many people can argue that GM's car are better in their segment in terms of comfort, goodies and price. But a car is held for many years and then dealer service and resale also become very important. In fact, poor or indifferent dealer service can break a car and its maker.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too early. Perhaps after 6 months, one might feel sorry that you have paid so much when in say 7/2008, there is another 30-40K price cut.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Not many people can argue that GM's car are better in their segment in terms of comfort, goodies and price. But a car is held for many years and then dealer service and resale also become very important. In fact, poor or indifferent dealer service can break a car and its maker.
GM has come up with a maintainence plan of 13k for 3 years for Chevy Spark (including oil, filters, labour etc).

I can't say about the resale value after three years, but hopefully, the perception about GM's After Sales Service should undergo a drastic change if they stick to their word.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:12   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Spark just managed its best ever sales of 26xx units sold in Jan '08.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GM has come up with a maintainence plan of 13k for 3 years for Chevy Spark (including oil, filters, labour etc).

I can't say about the resale value after three years, but hopefully, the perception about GM's After Sales Service should undergo a drastic change if they stick to their word.
No arguments about this, but IMHO service is not only about money saved on service, but more about quality. For Spark, I do not know; but you can read about the Corsa. I would pay more if I get exactly what I paid for.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:20   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Am one of those "unlucky folks" but man I dont regret it.. the car rocks. Just made a trip from Blore to CHennai and back over the weeked and hauled my speakers (Wharefedale Diamonds floor standing - 2 nos.), my Marantz AVR (weighs a nice bit too) and my jumbo bean bag. All loaded into the Spark. Cruising at 120 Kmph without an effort. I just love my car.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

@deadman: call their helpline. in delhi, 3.84 ex showroom is the FULLY loaded, alloys, abs, driver airbag spark version.

@Nimz, welcome back. long time, lill posts aajkal
Old 25th February 2008, 13:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@deadman: call their helpline. in delhi, 3.84 ex showroom is the FULLY loaded, alloys, abs, driver airbag spark version.

@Nimz, welcome back. long time, lill posts aajkal

Thanks "phamilyman" for information

About Nimz, I think he was busy with his Girl Friend (The Spark)
Old 25th February 2008, 13:58   #60
BHPian

just happened to pop into the GM showroom in Bangalore,
the line up and pricing is as follows:
Base model :- 3.3
PS model (only power steering):- 3.4
LS model (with power steering and front power windows) :- 3.8 something
LT model (power steetring, all power windows, etc etc) :- 4.1 something
LT-Optional (with sun roof etc) :- 4.3 something

I think the best value for money offer is to go for the LS model

I was also told that the mileage is about 14.5 in city conditions.

Most Viewed