Team-BHP - Honda stops 1.8S version with AT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda stops 1.8S version with AT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35045-honda-stops-1-8s-version.html)

I just got back from Dakshin Honda today. The person there mentioned that Honda is going to discontinue the 1.8S version with Automation Transmission and have only 1 AT version i.e. the 1.8V. I cant digest paying 90k more for just leather seats, turn light indicators and fog lamps !:Frustrati

Has anyone heard of this as well?

I had the same experience when we were looking at buying the Civic A/T las year. Think it was discontinued when the V version was launched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalamit (Post 709629)
I just got back from Dakshin Honda today. The person there mentioned that Honda is going to discontinue the 1.8S version with Automation Transmission and have only 1 AT version i.e. the 1.8V. I cant digest paying 90k more for just leather seats, turn light indicators and fog lamps !:Frustrati

Has anyone heard of this as well?

I thought Honda had only one version of automatic transmission. Did they offer two ? If that is the case why doesn't their website reflect that.

CVT is the only version that is automatic is that not right ?

@skmani - he is talking about the Civic and not the City. The Civic was available in the S and the V versions but when the V version was launched, they discontinued the 1.8S Auto version.

I'm not very sure about this. We had the same query a few months back. Sometime after the V version was launched. I called up Whitefield Honda and they said that the 1.8S AT model is available and that it is not being discontinued.

Did you check with Whitefield Honda?

Yes. It is true that the 1.8S AT is discontinued. I took the test drive of the Civic last week and the dealer confirmed this when I asked him. Maybe they were not able to sell them because customers would have thought of going for 1.8V MT instead of 1.8S AT as both have exactly the same prices.

The Honda India website does not seem to be updated for quite sometime

Yes. its true. S AT is not available. the website does mention the prices - its not updated may be deliberately so that at least to enquire a customer would call the dealer and then the rest is psychology and anyone's guess.

It was discontinued from this year onwards. Almost got a chance to get myself an S variant - but for the leasing company - so had to settle for a corolla since price diff was almost 2 lacs after all the corolla discounts etc.
Oh well next time - when the type R is launched

Now what happens to folks like myself who own a 1.8S AT? Would second hand prices drop? Well except for the cosmetic changes there's no difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 711141)
Now what happens to folks like myself who own a 1.8S AT? Would second hand prices drop? Well except for the cosmetic changes there's no difference.

They might go up, actually. Imagine someone who wants a Civic automatic but can't now buy one cheaply: s/he might look instead in the second-hand market.