Team-BHP - New variant of Octavia expected...?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New variant of Octavia expected...? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35047-new-variant-octavia-expected-2.html)

The Jetta will be 14 lacs and will compete with the Civic. Octavia will takeover the City and SX4. This is what I expect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 710033)

What is SKODA Doing ???

I'm not sure they know either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 709848)
the laura base model is already at 14lacs..i think they are planning to discontinue the octavia and replace it with the laura at the same price.While the octavia might be sold in a cheaper price bracket..the jetta could probably replace the laura elegance or whichever the top model is.

agree: exactly
thats what my point was ,skoda is grdually shifting segments and price ranges

Skoda Ocatavia Rider AT - is not available now and they are not taking any bookings. I was tipped that they may launch a stripped down variant of Laura-AT ( no DSG).

Basically they are going to launch the Classic version of the Octavia, and there is a new 1.6L engine in the cards.

yes, even I've heard ocativia is coming out with a visual make over for the head and tail lamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 710446)
Skoda Ocatavia Rider AT - is not available now and they are not taking any bookings. ( no DSG).

they werent taking bookings for this variant from a long time.

i was at 4 seasons today and was talking to Mr Rezza + Lalith Jogani.
They just told me that skoda has stopped production on the Octavia RS !!!!
this is very very bad...
was looking to buy that car.
can anyone confirm this at all ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 710851)
Basically they are going to launch the Classic version of the Octavia, and there is a new 1.6L engine in the cards.

Classic is already there with 1.9 TDi OctaviaClassic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool (Post 712439)
They just told me that skoda has stopped production on the Octavia RS !!!!
can anyone confirm this at all ?

I guess Skoda is slowly discontinuing the Octavia and planning to place it as a C segment car. No need to worry about the RS, the Laura RS is coming soon. BTW what were you doing at 4 seasons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 712474)
I guess Skoda is slowly discontinuing the Octavia and planning to place it as a C segment car. No need to worry about the RS, the Laura RS is coming soon. BTW what were you doing at 4 seasons?

yes but at what price. The Octy RS was available for 15.75L. The Laura DSG is priced at 20.XXL. Which means the Laura RS will be 21.xxL or more with the kind of stuff skoda is smoking up these days.

I doubt Jetta will be more than 1.2 Million. It won't sell if launched for more than that. (But my heart believes that Skoda + VW has the ability to over price the car).

Saw an ad in the Times of India today of a Skoda Ambiente (range starting for 9.90,705/-) with heated leather seats, xeon lights, parking sensors, sun roof etc.

Not sure if this is a new announcement or this has been around for a while..

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 712517)
The Laura DSG is priced at 20.XXL. Which means the Laura RS will be 21.xxL or more with the kind of stuff skoda is smoking up these days.

I smoke the stuff gladly in a couple of years time

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj (Post 712672)
Saw an ad in the Times of India today of a Skoda Ambiente (range starting for 9.90,705/-) with heated leather seats, xeon lights, parking sensors, sun roof etc.

Not sure if this is a new announcement or this has been around for a while..

I guess this is the NEW variant Hormazd was referring to. 9.90 lacs ex-showroom will translate to ~11.5 OTR in Blr. Not a bad deal for the goodies the TOI ad mentioned. Cant find any details in their website though.