Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 09:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Saw an ad in the Times of India today of a Skoda Ambiente (range starting for 9.90,705/-) with heated leather seats, xeon lights, parking sensors, sun roof etc.

Not sure if this is a new announcement or this has been around for a while..
Signs of Skoda discontinuing the LnK by doing stock clearance. I think Skoda is up with something, i think they are discontinuing the Octy or postioning it like how Hyundai has done to the Accent.
Old 6th February 2008, 09:48   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Signs of Skoda discontinuing the LnK by doing stock clearance. I think Skoda is up with something, i think they are discontinuing the Octy or postioning it like how Hyundai has done to the Accent.
but they are still advertising the l&k and elegance.
Old 6th February 2008, 09:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Unlikely that they would discontinue Octavia, its more like the Hyundai story. They would position it a notch above NHC VTEC like Toyota did with Corolla H1.

Assuming that the new Corolla (Altis) is priced on par with Civic, Skoda would have an offering (Octavia) a couple of lacs less than Civic/Corolla & one at couple of lacs above Civic/Corolla (Laura).

Civic S (MT) costs Rs 13.5 OTR. New Octavia variant would cost ~ Rs 11.5 OTR while Laura Ambiente costs Rs 15.6 OTR. (all Bangalore rates)

Jetta will sit bang in the middle, along with Civic & Corolla.
Old 6th February 2008, 09:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata TOI edition has an ad with the Delhi ex-showroom prices.

- Ambiente price 10.16L
- Ambiente, Elegance and L&K mentioned (no Rider). Rider seems to have been rebadged to Ambiente
- 1.8TPi and 1.9TDi mentioned (no new engine)
- No mention of RS
- Skoda always advertises with all features (xenons, sunroof etc). I don't think they are for the Ambiente version.
- Nothing in the ad indicates that they have reduced features in any of the versions. Seems to be a straight case of a 1L price drop.
- Called up Kolkata dealer. They have no info. Said details will come in 3/4 days.
- Called up 24hr Skoda helpline. They too have no details. Said, please speak to local dealer. Why do they give an ad when no one has any details?

Resale value of Octy's will be hit somewhat.
Old 6th February 2008, 15:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Kolkata TOI edition has an ad with the Delhi ex-showroom prices.

- Ambiente price 10.16L
- Ambiente, Elegance and L&K mentioned (no Rider). Rider seems to have been rebadged to Ambiente
- 1.8TPi and 1.9TDi mentioned (no new engine)
- No mention of RS
- Skoda always advertises with all features (xenons, sunroof etc). I don't think they are for the Ambiente version.
- Nothing in the ad indicates that they have reduced features in any of the versions. Seems to be a straight case of a 1L price drop.
- Called up Kolkata dealer. They have no info. Said details will come in 3/4 days.
- Called up 24hr Skoda helpline. They too have no details. Said, please speak to local dealer. Why do they give an ad when no one has any details?

Resale value of Octy's will be hit somewhat.
infact i spoke to the dealer here in mumbai, the basic model has got two more features at a reduced price 1)ABS 2)a black color and also a standard cd player along with back seat centre armrest.

also these i told him are basic features which are available in lower segment to which he did not have an answer. i asked him what is NEW octavia ? he said SIR with 1 lac price drop pluse the above mentioned features.
Old 6th February 2008, 15:56   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

can someone tell me the entry level Octy on-road price in Bangalore after this update? i see nothing on skoda india website.
Old 6th February 2008, 15:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
can someone tell me the entry level Octy on-road price in Bangalore after this update? i see nothing on skoda india website.
best person to ask would be the dealer.
Old 6th February 2008, 16:01   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
best person to ask would be the dealer.
can i donate some money for this advice, please?

(kidding.. i just thought someone already took that trouble.. u know how it is to talk to the dealers.. they probably haven't heard of this update!)
Old 6th February 2008, 16:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can i donate some money for this advice, please?

(kidding.. i just thought someone already took that trouble.. u know how it is to talk to the dealers.. they probably haven't heard of this update!)
my dear friend i like your sense of humor, but try to get the right price from anywhere other than a dealer and you will get it wrong. so that was the reason.

and my friend you can keep your money with yourself and build a bungalow out of it.
Old 6th February 2008, 16:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke with the TAFE guys here in Blr. As per them the pricing in TOI ad today is for Ambiente version of TPi model.

The final pricing is still awaited (as per the sales guy) but the range is as below:

Ambiente TPi (Petrol) - ~Rs 12.00 lacs OTR
Ambiente TDi (Diesel) - ~Rs 13.10 lacs OTR
Old 6th February 2008, 16:33   #41
Team-BHP Support

so the rider tpi is not there anymore?
Old 6th February 2008, 23:52   #42
BHPian

I spoke to all Mumbai dealers today with reference to the ad. No one has any update or info. It will take 3/4 days more for them to get any details. Of course, I learnt that two of the dealers have got 1 each Rider automatic to sell in the last lot. They mentioned that current range doesnt have AT and for AT one will have to wait till March end(08).
Any one else with any more update and information, may please, share.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

New Variant of Octavia. There are already 2 old variants of Octavia doing the rounds in India--Octavia and Octavia new (Lola). With a new generation expected, wonder how the old `new' generation will be priced and positioned. The point is that Lola is the older, higher priced car, and the `new' to be launched Octavia is a newer generation. If new Octavia is priced higher than old Octavia (Lola), then what happens. If new Octavia replaces the old Octavia, then the new new Octavia is cheaper than the Lola (which is an older generation Octavia). Confusion?
Old 7th February 2008, 11:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I spoke to all Mumbai dealers today with reference to the ad. No one has any update or info. It will take 3/4 days more for them to get any details. Of course, I learnt that two of the dealers have got 1 each Rider automatic to sell in the last lot. They mentioned that current range doesnt have AT and for AT one will have to wait till March end(08).
Any one else with any more update and information, may please, share.
It looks like the ad agency moves first - releases an ad.. After a while (weeks) the dealers get to know what the ad is about.. After another few weeks it appears in the website as a news release and another couple of months before the details appear as part of the showroom in the website..
Old 7th February 2008, 12:22   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
my dear friend i like your sense of humor, but try to get the right price from anywhere other than a dealer and you will get it wrong. so that was the reason.

and my friend you can keep your money with yourself and build a bungalow out of it.
sincere apologies if my joke was in a bad taste.

you get very good price information on this forum. including any negotiated price.

Most Viewed