Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 12:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
maruti has no plans to counter the nano in any way with a new variant or model for the time being.nano production as it is is not in full swing for any one to worry about.it would take its own sweet time to be launched.
ram
. The WB Govt still has not handed over the land in Singur to Tatas which is meant for production of Nano's. It will take a lot of time for Tatas to come to the terms of demand vs production.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:46   #47
BHPian

Maruti plans a Nano

When TM/Ratan Tata talked about Nano, Mr.Suzuki mocked it saying it cannot be done/ it would be four wheeler/it won't be a safe car etc etc. Guess what Suzuki also is trying to intorduce a car under 2 lakh segment. One important thing to note here is Suzuki is trying to rope in the same component suppliers of Nano for this project.

Maruti plans a Nano with below-Rs 2L tag: Business : India Today

Everyone driving this car in future should thank Ratan Tata. Because without nano this car would have never happened.
Old 20th August 2010, 22:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Good move by Maruti. Looks like there is nothing left in M800 which they can do cost cutting on to make it stand against Nano.

I hope it will be a car with engine at front, 4 seater with some boot space.

Quote:
"What the company is looking at is quality better than Nano so there would be little difference of margin. Talks are already going on with various auto component companies. The company is re-negotiating deals with component providers for Alto," the official added.
I feel bad for Alto. See how cheap it looks after every upgrade and looks like there is some space left to make it look even cheaper .
Old 21st August 2010, 12:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
When TM/Ratan Tata talked about Nano, Mr.Suzuki mocked it saying it cannot be done/ it would be four wheeler/it won't be a safe car etc etc. Guess what Suzuki also is trying to intorduce a car under 2 lakh segment. One important thing to note here is Suzuki is trying to rope in the same component suppliers of Nano for this project.

Maruti plans a Nano with below-Rs 2L tag: Business : India Today

Everyone driving this car in future should thank Ratan Tata. Because without nano this car would have never happened.
Thank you for the news, but, I still find it difficult to believe that Suzuki would do this, only because everytime after numerous rumours & scoops in almost all Auto Mags & Forums there have been denial from Maruti Suzuki Management about the cheaper car.

Further, with the Alto selling over 20K per month & the Swift & Wagon R another 20K (combined), do you think there is any need to go for the smaller car (obviously which would generate lesser profits per unit as compared to these cars, without disturbing the production schedule of these cars).

This looks even more difficult to happen especially when the Suzuki (Japan) is on cost cutting drive elsewhere.
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:50   #50
BHPian

Nano did not get the rating it deserves..

I am a proud owner of a Tata Nano LX car.
Even though Tata Nano is the cheapest car in the market now in terms of price, it is NOT the lowest in Space, Comfort and Power. I have noticed that majority of the people who criticize nano never had a drive in the Nano !! What I suggest is to get a nano drive of atleast 20-25 kms before anybody start commenting on it.
I started my driving more than 20 years back and the number of cars so far owned by me is in two digits. I love my nano more than all my previously owned cars - it offers good space, reasonable levels of comfort, beauty, performance and economy of running and maintenance.
I was driving the alto for more than 25000 kms. But, I would say, the sitting position, pickup and ease of driving are better for the nano. (Of course, tata service is nowhere near maruti serice. tata lags behind !!)
So, my point is that the 'price' is not the only criteria. At a lower price than nano, maruti must be able to provide a better car. When you try to improve quality and reliability, naturally the price will go up unless you are guaranteed of so much volumes..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks