Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 13:26   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
So yet another one to be waiting for.October is a month to watch out.If the car is in production already then 3-4 months production should take care of the initial demand.In that case we can expect a launch in sept or oct08.
ram
With increased production capacity of 100K pa. , it will be 30K odd cars in stock by Aug'08.
my guess, the launch can be in Aug'08 itself.
Would love to get more news on the model/looks/engine etc..etc..
Old 20th April 2008, 22:38   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
With increased production capacity of 100K pa. , it will be 30K odd cars in stock by Aug'08.
my guess, the launch can be in Aug'08 itself.
Would love to get more news on the model/looks/engine etc..etc..
Aaapke muh me ghee shkaar

Hope this really happens

also about spy pictures ..

yes no body has seen the spy pictures and there is no news in malaysia, thailand also at least they should have something by now.

They are the one who gets the honda car first and not india.

So I guess india has to wait till oct. Anything before that is bonus..
Old 26th April 2008, 19:48   #78

Today I had gone to a honda dealer in pune and he confirmed that the new city is on its way and as rightly pointed out by folks it will come after the new accord, most probably by Aug, 08. But the only catch mentioned was that Honda might time the new city release just after the SX4 diesel. New City will be costlier than the current and it will be pitched against SX4 diesel. He mentioned that dealer trainings have already started.

Cheers :-)
Old 26th April 2008, 21:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteem77 View Post
Today I had gone to a honda dealer in pune and he confirmed that the new city is on its way and as rightly pointed out by folks it will come after the new accord, most probably by Aug, 08. But the only catch mentioned was that Honda might time the new city release just after the SX4 diesel. New City will be costlier than the current and it will be pitched against SX4 diesel. He mentioned that dealer trainings have already started.

Cheers :-)
Boss are you really sure about this? Today I visited two honda delears ( naer baner + near bharati vidyapith ) in pune , took test drive of city idsi + vtec there. Asked then about the new city , both obviously denied and said it will take years time i.e 2009 etc etc.

I need to buy the car in next 2 months. If you are vvery sure about you info then I will wait. Also do PM me the name and number of the dealer.

By the way there is no sx4 diesel at least in this year as of now. So if sx4 diesel doesn't come then no NNHC this year?

Last edited by hrishig : 26th April 2008 at 22:00.
Old 26th April 2008, 22:39   #80
BHPian

If i remember right, the auto mags especially Overdrive had mentioned something about a special hybrid plans for India(not the civic) about four/five months back. I don't know if anyone has read that stuff. It was there only for a flash, when they were shown the Fit i guess.

I wish/hope they do that addition to Honda City. It will fit the City's fuel efficient car philosophy. If it comes on the City it will be first affordable Indian Hybrid.
Old 26th April 2008, 22:58   #81

I had gone to Grande Honda on bangalore highway today morning and there was this guy named Sachin who mentioned this. I told him that some reports say that the car will come next year but he said we get to know internal news and some trainings are in progress. what he said for sure was that new honda city will be bigger in size than the current one, it will have a higher sticker price but did not have much idea about the engine specs. and he also mentioned that this car will only be launched after new accord. also he said SX4 diesel will come in August-Sep this year.

I have no way of verifying this information. have passed on whatever he told me there. maybe you can also try this showroom :-)
Old 27th April 2008, 09:49   #82
BHPian

Thanks for the info ,
Regarding sx4 diesel ,ram can help us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteem77 View Post
I had gone to Grande Honda on bangalore highway today morning and there was this guy named Sachin who mentioned this. I told him that some reports say that the car will come next year but he said we get to know internal news and some trainings are in progress. what he said for sure was that new honda city will be bigger in size than the current one, it will have a higher sticker price but did not have much idea about the engine specs. and he also mentioned that this car will only be launched after new accord. also he said SX4 diesel will come in August-Sep this year.

I have no way of verifying this information. have passed on whatever he told me there. maybe you can also try this showroom :-)
Old 27th April 2008, 12:42   #83
BHPian

Noticed Sales pitch of City is high specially VTec ones. Not sure , if this can be indication of sort of stock clearance efforts before the new product. Even the newspaper ads are talking about interest rate discounts on City. Hope not reading too much into it.
Old 27th April 2008, 16:59   #84
BHPian

There are 2 engines powering all new Fit
The entry-level model features a 100 hp 1.3-litre i-VTEC engine.
1.5-liter i-VTEC engine, putting out 88 kW (120 hp).
Can we also expect the same with new city ?
or 1.3-litre i-VTEC and 77 hp i-DSI on upcoming Jazz and 1.5 with all new honda city ?
Old 27th April 2008, 19:02   #85
BHPian

Superb the new city looks great as the sketch. Hope we do get the same one. But i think pn pricing it needs to be taken care off.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

It seems Honda is updating all it's car interiors to the latest aircraft type one (One used in Civic) It started from Civic, now coming with accord too.. Is it going to be in-corporated in City 2008 too... ??
Old 28th April 2008, 18:39   #87
BHPian

After going through the honda jazz site found that

the current jazz have
  • L4 8 valves i-DSI : Max Power 65 kW (87 hp) @ 5,500 rpm , Max Torque 131 N·m (97 ft·lbf) @ 2,700 rpm
  • L4 16 valves VTEC : Max Power 81 kW (109 hp) @ 5,800 rpm , Max Torque 143 N·m (105 ft·lbf) @ 4,800 rpm

The current honda city vtec site says it has
16-valve SOHC VTEC engine with 100/5800 engine.

Now the 2009 jazz is going to have

" the new version of the Jazz or the Fit, is offered with two new engines — a 1.3-litre SOHC, i-VTEC engine for the base variants, and a new 1.5-litre, i-VTEC engine that generates 120PS of peak power in the RS variant of the Fit.
"

Does this mean that

1) The new new city will have these engine options same as jazz

2) Honda will drop i-dsi engines altogether and will replace them i-vtec (1.3)

Found few old articles pointing towards the same..

The Hindu Business Line : Tune into Honda Jazz

New 2008 Honda Jazz - detailed preview | bkkAutos.com

Old 29th April 2008, 09:14   #88
BHPian

Information about the new engines on the Jazz/Fit/City

Honda L-Series SOHC i-VTEC Engines for the new GD Honda Fit/Jazz

However there is no mention of a 1.2L engine on the Jazz line up , so if Honda want to play the sub 4M 1.2L game where are they going to get that engine from ?
Old 29th April 2008, 12:02   #89
BANNED

Oh brilliant !!! Thats an amazing find
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Old 29th April 2008, 14:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post

However there is no mention of a 1.2L engine on the Jazz line up , so if Honda want to play the sub 4M 1.2L game where are they going to get that engine from ?
good find, thank you
Closed Thread

Most Viewed