Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 09:16   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Thanks to Sx4 , honda Gxi version have now alloys , body color bumper handles , remote
As far as i know City always had body coloured bumpers and remote in the GXI version. I think only alloys are new additions to it. Exi version now gets body coloured bumper and mirrors. Thats the only change!
Old 19th May 2008, 09:27   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
As far as i know City always had body coloured bumpers and remote in the GXI version. I think only alloys are new additions to it. Exi version now gets body coloured bumper and mirrors. Thats the only change!
Hmm The point I am trying to make is it is sx4 which finally made honda management to wakeup and put something in this overpriced car( though I am buying one ) The honda site mentions 4k price up for Gxi for alloys + side step fittings + fog lamps. This definitely will cost more than 4 k for standard fittings.

Let's hope we will have N NHC with all the gizmozs + honda smotthness + honda reliablity with minimal price hike. ( So maruti will add something more to sx4 and so on & so on .. ) Finally we customers will win cheers:
Old 19th May 2008, 13:23   #123
BHPian

I was doing some research on fit/Jazz/City, went through Honda Global site to check the configuration of these 3 cars, my findings are
Japan :- they have replaced the 1.5 i-Dsi and VTEC to 1.3 and 1.5 I-Vtec and it won the Car of the year award 08
Singapore : they have introduced 1.3 & 1.5 i-VTEC for their Jazz
Thailand : Jazz Engine has replaced with 1.3 and 1.5 i-VTEC but City is still running with 1.5 VTEC ( As per me N(?)HC will be introduced here first since they already have the small i-vtec engines there)
Honda WW Press release: US Fit will be getting i-Vtec (1.3 and 1.5 ) in 2009
Rest of the world has to wait for the i-VTEC
But…. from the way they are doing it, I assume that Asian countries (Thailand (city) Malaysia,, Philippines and India) will get the Jazz/City i-VTEC engine much before it hits the US or European market
Old 19th May 2008, 18:56   #124
BHPian

here are some shots at Pakwheels:
PakWheels.com : New Honda City Is Here (Wheels In Pakistan...)
Old 19th May 2008, 21:09   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Thanks for sharing the link rajismine. They have shown the same inspiration pic posted in the 1st page of this thread. Its quite irritating that we have not yet got any spy pic of the New City .
Old 19th May 2008, 21:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Looks as big as the civic to me. But if it is priced correctly then it would have absolutely no competition. Except probably the new(already dated looks) corolla.
Old 20th May 2008, 09:25   #127
BHPian

We have seen these pics almost 3 months ago. the inspiration pic is Veeery old , other are from interiors of new jazz/ fit.

I am interested in knowing how 1.3 i-vtec can compare with 1.5 i-dsi? If this holds true then 1.8 ivtec in civic should / may be compare with normal 2.0 to 2.4 ltr engines from non ivetc engine?

May be but somehow I feel 1.5 will be better (read will have more juice remaining )than 1.3 once we cross 100 - 120 mark on speedometer.

Only time will tell the answer
Old 20th May 2008, 18:40   #128
BHPian

If this comes out I will throw more than a lakh rupee of money I have been saving for ICE in my new car(Getz/Swift as of now) to get this baby, If priced around 6-7Lakh. I dont care about ICE if I can get my hands on this one. God this one is like what I call beauty. Why not India have Hatches like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
It will be nice if Honda could launch (instead of jazz/fit) a city or civic hatchback something of this nature.

Old 20th May 2008, 22:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

@ Somebodystopme - I think you can go buy your ICE now. We can just admire this car in the pics. Just wanna wait and see how Honda prices its Jazz hatchback!
Old 20th May 2008, 22:13   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post

This looks like the interiors of the new Jazz launched in Japan. That person does not seem to have exterior pics and posted one found here.
Old 20th May 2008, 23:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Hmm The point I am trying to make is it is sx4 which finally made honda management to wakeup and put something in this overpriced car( though I am buying one ) The honda site mentions 4k price up for Gxi for alloys + side step fittings + fog lamps. This definitely will cost more than 4 k for standard fittings.

Let's hope we will have N NHC with all the gizmozs + honda smotthness + honda reliablity with minimal price hike. ( So maruti will add something more to sx4 and so on & so on .. ) Finally we customers will win cheers:

As per the VFM part goes in this case, I think that SX4 wins. You are absolutely correct that SX4 managed to wake up Honda. The omission of ABS in city is what I look upon as the lowest point of honda till now. I hope that they kick out that seriously underpowered iDsi and for the new city, come up with 1.3 16 Valve and 1.5 16valve with Vtec. They will rock and then it will be maruti that will have to bring in SX4D or introduce VVT into the present m16.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:35   #132
BHPian

Sorry friends for being off topic, I was surfing Honda Pakistan website, I came to a surprise. City Vtec in Pakistan has more power and 15" wheel. Is the fuel provided in Pakistan of better quality, is the road infrastructure over there is better than India.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf _Honda Pakistan_.pdf (13.9 KB, 549 views)
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:49   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Sorry friends for being off topic, I was surfing Honda Pakistan website, I came to a surprise. City Vtec in Pakistan has more power and 15" wheel. Is the fuel provided in Pakistan of better quality, is the road infrastructure over there is better than India.
Ouch! would hurt most self respecting Indians
On a serious note - there's more power and lower profile tyres - implying superior fuel and better roads!
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:06   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
there's more power and lower profile tyres - implying superior fuel and better roads!
May just imply lower taxes there!
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:14   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Isn't it 110 bhp in most international markets?

I think it was detuned for India. This was mentioned in the magazines during the launch of the NHC VTec.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks