Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 21:05   #106
BHPian

New Honda Jazz / Fit was unveiled in Thailand in March '08 ... 2008 All new Honda Jazz was unveiled in Thailand — AUTOinCAR

The same site, in Feb '08, said that the NNHC will have it's world premiere in Thailand in Aug '08 All new Honda City modelchange in August 2008 in Thailand World Premier — AUTOinCAR

The generic prediction from a lot of people on this thread - late '08 in India - sounds reasonable. All the information on dealer training also supports this.

From the looks point of view, from the front till the B pillar, I don't think it will be MUCH different to the new Jazz / Fit - purely since Honda will want to have some commonality, on cost grounds. I would guess it will share some amount of the interior too.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 12th May 2008, 18:28   #107
BHPian

I am about to book City GXi. But after hearing the news (rumors) that the new City will be launched shortly, was in two minds. Consider the following scenario:

New Honda City launched in October 2008 with better features, but with a goooood price hike. In this scenario, will the existing City be available for sale? If yes, would it be a good decision to buy the existing City (due to budget constraints)? My thought is that, good discounts would be offered on the old version and bargaining would be possible to a much greater extent.

Please let me know if my thought is correct. I am already stretching my budget for the GXi and would not be able to stretch any further. Thanks.
Old 12th May 2008, 19:45   #108
BANNED

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th May 2008 at 16:12.
jesal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th May 2008, 21:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi.Knight View Post
I am about to book City GXi. But after hearing the news (rumors) that the new City will be launched shortly, was in two minds. Consider the following scenario:

New Honda City launched in October 2008 with better features, but with a goooood price hike. In this scenario, will the existing City be available for sale? If yes, would it be a good decision to buy the existing City (due to budget constraints)? My thought is that, good discounts would be offered on the old version and bargaining would be possible to a much greater extent.

Please let me know if my thought is correct. I am already stretching my budget for the GXi and would not be able to stretch any further. Thanks.

Jedi , I dont think Present City will be sold along with Next Gen City.
My advice would be to wait for few months and get the GXi. Honda had recently started giving Alloys as standard on Gxi. I think soon to clear the
stock they will give good discounts. If you can wait till July - August you will get better deals. If you could wait you can opt for the Base version of the Next Gen City since you cant stretch your budget.
Old 12th May 2008, 23:48   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
My advice would be to wait for few months and get the GXi. Honda had recently started giving Alloys as standard on Gxi. I think soon to clear the
stock they will give good discounts. If you can wait till July - August you will get better deals. If you could wait you can opt for the Base version of the Next Gen City since you cant stretch your budget.
I second that, going by past transitions of the City. The existing City will be phased out to make way for the new one. Good time to fish for discounts on the would be just prior to the expected Diwali launch of the '08 City.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:33   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
I second that, going by past transitions of the City. The existing City will be phased out to make way for the new one. Good time to fish for discounts on the would be just prior to the expected Diwali launch of the '08 City.
Please read what i typed again:-

Old 15th May 2008, 14:19   #112
BHPian

I spoke to Honda Sales Personnel today (Bangalore), and they are ready to give more discounts on June , as per him its to meet Half Year sale quota
Now they offered , 25k cash discount+ Reverse parking + Llumar sun film+ Teflon coating+ all basic accessories + Perfume+ idle for VTEC+
June it will be all above mentioned +additional 15K cash discount . Do we smell N(?)HC somewhere in Aug / sep?
Old 15th May 2008, 16:46   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
25k cash discount+ Reverse parking + Llumar sun film+ Teflon coating+ all basic accessories + Perfume+ idle for VTEC+
June it will be all above mentioned +additional 15K cash discount . Do we smell N(?)HC somewhere in Aug / sep?
sweet. that means 40K discounts+some good amount of freebies. They were offering 25 K corporate discount sometime back. Did they say any additional corporate benefits?

idle for VTEC? i didn't get that part.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:48   #114
BANNED

Idol for religious people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Old 15th May 2008, 16:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Idol for religious people.
okie. should've guessed. thanks.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

it was a typo, pls read it as Idol
Old 15th May 2008, 21:34   #117
BHPian

Karanraheja and Poseidon, thanks for the inputs and sorry for the delayed response. I have decided to wait for the new City hoping that there would not be a significant price hike.
I spoke with the Whitefield Honda, Bangalore salesman and he denied having any knowledge about the same (obviously, as I had almost finalized the deal for the current City).
Also, was going through the 'Ask us anything' section of What Car? magazine. They have mentioned that the car will be here only in November. Keeping my fingers crossed for a better and not a very expensive car (is that too much to ask?)
Old 19th May 2008, 07:27   #118
BHPian

Thanks to Sx4 , honda Gxi version have now alloys , body color bumper handles , remote , new Alpine Mp3 music system and few other things that is only for 5k additional price than the old one. ( and with 35-40k discount )

If I check the accessory price list they should cost more than 50K if somebody bought it as accessory.

I sincerely hope that the new NHC will have all the above the accessorys + abs + EBD + ( Somethings more like GPS , audio steering control ) as standard .

In this case only it will make sense to pay more premium like 50k to 1 lkh for new nhc.

If they don't introduce this and again start car without alloys , defoggers body color handles , bumpers abs etc etc , It will not make any sense to pay more premium ( anything above 30 - 40 k ) for just a face lift.

Hope Honda listens to us.
Old 19th May 2008, 08:24   #119
Senior - BHPian

City/Civic Hatch

It will be nice if Honda could launch (instead of jazz/fit) a city or civic hatchback something of this nature.

Image courtesy : Caradvice.com.au

A review of the same with more scorching pics is on this URL
Honda Civic Type R : Road Test : Review : Motoring : Web Wombat

While I was at UK for a week, I managed to see atleast 2 or 3 of these whizz past on the highways, and believe me they possess awesome power and driving habits on the roads. Absolutely planted on the roads. This will easily take the charm off the current SRV hatch.

The insides are so invitingly comfortable.
Image courtesy: Webwombat.com.au
Attached Thumbnails
2008 New Honda City-hondacivichatchtyper6big.jpg  

Old 19th May 2008, 08:48   #120
Team-BHP Support

geesrik - we all want the type r hatch. though the problem is i think that is only in the uk. we get the j-spec civic and if we get the type r it will be a sedan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks