Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 12:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Prices in pakistan are around 10.5 lacs i.e somewhere around 6.55 lacs here in india.
if this made here, certainly it would have an effect on price and will be even more cheaper.
Old 8th February 2008, 15:38   #32
BHPian

Somebody post the Pic fast please
Old 8th February 2008, 17:16   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
for bigger families/taxis will be nice match.

OT:
of course as the Mr B's son is now married and family may grow.
Old 8th February 2008, 19:26   #34
BHPian

Guys this APV thing was there at the Auto expo (may be for a reason) but to tell you the truth even the Versa looks better than this. Looking at the price and its looks I dont think it will make it to India and even if it does I dont see much takers for it.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:26   #35
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki to launch new MUV in October

The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Ltd is launching a new multi-utility vehicle (MUV) by October this year. To be built on the Versa platform, the car is expected to strengthen the company's portfolio in the van segment. The new car, codenamed O2, is currently at an advanced stage of design and would be produced at Maruti's plant near Delhi.

Maruti has refrained from divulging any further details about the new MUV, including the proposed price. Saying that it does not "share product plans in advance", the company added that it would make all necessary announcements about its plans "at an appropriate time."

The new car is expected to bolster Maruti's position in the combined people and luggage carrier segment. The segment grew to 10,708 in April 2009 from 8,816 in April 2008, according to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.

Source: [domain-b]
Old 26th May 2009, 20:44   #36
BHPian

Could it be this - ?

APV:Gallery | Global Suzuki
Old 26th May 2009, 20:44   #37
BHPian

So versa came at 8L and then went to 5L, maybe MUL learnt something there.

If this comes at like 5L, then yeah there will be takers for the odd shape, but if they target the 8L range, it will be a miracle if people don't choose the Innova over it.

This has to be priced very cheap or else even the xylo has it beat.

Who remembers the extremely horrible ride of the versa?

I hope just building on the same platform doesn't turn into the same shape, don't want another indica-indica vista now do we

EDIT

Aerohit, it looks like it but lets see if experts can shed some more light on it.

Last edited by Gagan.js : 26th May 2009 at 20:49.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:54   #38
BANNED

I think a similar thread is already existing for this topic which is not pop-up at the time of 1st search. MODS please do the needful

Old 26th May 2009, 21:42   #39
BHPian

I think MUL should look some different option to capture the existing share in the market.
Even I read in economics times that they are planning to upgrade all the model with diff engine including age old OMNI and 800.
Old 27th May 2009, 08:33   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

All they need to do is to add two doors, put a good engine and add PS and AC to the gypsy and they have a great MUV/SUV.
Old 27th May 2009, 10:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

In all probabilities, it is going to be the APV as I could not find a good "MUV" in the entire suzuki stable. Unless it is going to be newly developed on the "swift" platform.

Just praying that it is competively priced, can seat 7 people in good comfort and has a diesel diet. Nothing more that I can think of.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
All they need to do is to add two doors, put a good engine and add PS and AC to the gypsy and they have a great MUV/SUV.
Wish they at least do that. They should design a good HT, they same way MSIL have designed the Boot for SWIFT and branded as Desire
Old 27th May 2009, 17:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

we are lucky that we indians are getting atleast facelifts in omni. those pakistani's are still buying old omni with round headlamps. but i guess they have AC in their omni.
Old 27th May 2009, 17:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
we are lucky that we indians are getting atleast facelifts in omni. those pakistani's are still buying old omni with round headlamps. but i guess they have AC in their omni.
What! They get an ac option? Just imagine how sluggish that Omni would be when fully laden. It'll need another omni to pull it
Old 27th May 2009, 20:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maruti went wrong with the pricing of Versa. It also has a powerful engine( From Esteem) and hence not that fuel efficient. Omni is one of the cheapest car you can buy and how is Maruti gonna sell it at a price less than 2.5lac?
I believe maruti made a mistake of positioning Versa as a premium vehicle during launch time and the pricing went horribly wrong. Later they made numerous price cuts which further spoiled the image of the vehicle as a slow seller. If they would have priced it properly at the beginning many people might have considered it.

I heard about the pulling power of versa very good from one of my clients as he used to say, he could overtake other vehicles in his versa quiet easily.

Omni is one of the all time favorites from maruti. Before owning my existing car i extensively used my uncle's omni during my college days and it was always a fun experience all together. During the time of old ambassadors and premiers this was a vehicle which brought much excitement. I still remember the first time i drove an omni and later an esteem and how excited i was! I really thanked my uncle for letting me drive his omni when i'm 15 or 16 years old. I may not be more excited today even if i get a chance to drive a Rolls than the other day [years back] when i drove this inexpensive maruti.

kudos to maruti for redesigning this vehicle. but i don't know how successful the new version will be! In the late 80's and early 90's we Indians did not have much options to choose from so it became a straight way success for maruti. I remember days when doctors and engineers used omni as their primary vehicle. Now time has changed. Now a days i think most people from industries due to load and people carrying capacity uses omni. [The 800cc engine feels more powerful than it supposed to be].

A more powerful engine on a better built body shell could ensure more safety without compromising on performance. If they simply put a more powerful engine as someone pointed out here, that will be risky as it can be too powerful for omni. But anyway they need to price it well, this may help people in specific areas of work buy this new vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks