Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 10:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

I hope it doesn't turn out to be another case of slapping dollops of low-grade plastic and sticking ghastly graphics into churning out an "all new" Versa. If Maruti will "kill" the Omni deathtrap and replace it with the Versa, then i will tolerate the stickers. This will be a good move. Don't expect too much, is what my Maruti dealer tells me.

Last edited by nickatnite : 1st October 2009 at 10:26.
Old 1st October 2009, 13:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

That fortune thing is based on the Chinese copy of Versa i think. But Suzuki also does sell such versions in other ASEAN coutnries. called Carry or Every.

I hope they launch the APV here in about 4-5L bracket with the common DDIS motor but that seems a distant dream.

What i expect this new van launch codenamed 02 would be nothing more than a facelifted Versa.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:29   #108

I have heard that this new car has been named O2 by Suzuki... is there any pics available of the car?
Old 5th October 2009, 19:48   #109
Senior - BHPian

Came across this news. IMO, it would have made more sense if the current Fiat mill was installed in Versa.
Source : New Maruti Omni “Eko” This Festive Season | CarTradeIndia.com

Article :
Quote:
A re-christened Maruti Omni is ready to be launched during this festive season which will be named as Maruti Eko. Maruti will shortly roll out the model and it will hit the markets before Diwali. The new model has been developed under code name O2 using the Versa platform. The expected price of the model is below Rs. 5 lakh.

The new model is expected to come out with 796cc engine which produces 35bhp with peak torque at 6.1/Kgm. The car will be weighing around 750kg and will be measured 3370mm in length, 1410mm in width and 1640mm in height.

Omni is one of the most popular vans in India and has helped Maruti to capture a large market share in India when it was launched decades ago. The current model of Omni was built on M800 model but the new model will attract a premium.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th October 2009 at 19:52.
Old 5th October 2009, 19:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

35 Bhp? That's the lpg spec M800 But the torque seems to have increased a bit.

I am not sure if launching something like an Omni upgrade under 5 lakh makes any sense. anything above 2 lakh would be a flop IMHO. Even if its bigger & has better looks & stuff 3 lakh is the max.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:05   #111
Senior - BHPian

I think that this so called new Omni Eko is the same as current car. Or the news I found on net is not correct.
Take a look at the images.

In the image below, the current car's engine output are seen. I have taken this shot from Maruti Website.
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Van based on Versa-omni-eko-1.jpg

In the image below, look at the dimensions, its the same as the news article.
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Van based on Versa-omni-eko-2.jpg
Old 5th October 2009, 20:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

hmm, yes there seems to be some inconsistency with the news article
Old 16th October 2009, 17:11   #113
BHPian

Sad news guys, no Landis or APV for India. It seems the new Van will be called the Maruti Eco and will be a cross between the Versa and the omni. It will have a 1.2 ltr K series engine and will be priced between 3-4 lakhs. Launch is pretty close may be after Diwali.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:25   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Sad news guys, no Landis or APV for India. It seems the new Van will be called the Maruti Eco and will be a cross between the Versa and the omni. It will have a 1.2 ltr K series engine and will be priced between 3-4 lakhs. Launch is pretty close may be after Diwali.
Any more details on this Ranc - like will it have an A/C and an engine bay mounted in the front like the Versa to increase frontal protection by providing some crumple zone in case of an impact ? Without all this present, IMHO, I feel that 4L is a little steep.
Old 17th October 2009, 07:55   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
what!! and no scoop pic of it yet?
Old 17th October 2009, 08:16   #116
BHPian

There are some talks that Maruti Suzuki is launching this Verna based diesel powered van in Diwali.
Is there any confirmation from MSIL about this or any confirmed launch date ??
Old 17th October 2009, 11:50   #117
BHPian

Are we sure that it's soon after diwali, why nobody has test mule pics?,no scoop ?
Old 19th November 2009, 11:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

Just to bring this thread back from hibernation. A little birdie at the MSIL showroom told me that Maruti is planning to launch a "Van" between the Omni and Versa. It should be out by Jan 10. Further, I checked if its the APV, but he didn't comment.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:48   #119
BHPian

My news these days are not entirely correct (After all I am no SID) but fact remains the insiders had told me about this and also the Xover, the manza launch was more or less correct. Sorry it is OT but I was talking about my other launch predictions. Anyways I think now it is too late for anyone to launch a new car unless and until it is an extraordinary car. I dont think lot of buying happens in December. There be lot of bargain deals around for sure.

I am not looking forward to its launch anyways only if it was a Landis I would have been interested.

Last edited by ranc : 19th November 2009 at 16:51.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

I think it's just going to be a facelifted Versa with the K12M unit. Gels with what one of the dealers mentioned '"don't expect much". If indeed there was a new platform, someone should have spotted it by now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks