Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the information.If you have seen then why don't you give some more details.Can you compare any of the Indian SUVs.How about the seating arrangements and the comfort? Is there any diesel version?
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:24   #152
BHPian

^^^
The Suzuki APV is a MPV/MUV, so you can't compare it to a SUV, but its smaller than other MUVs like Innova/Tavera/Xylo. APV comes with the G16A petrol engine.Generally diesel vehicles are not preferred in the Middle-east as diesel is more expensive than petrol.

This is a basic write-up on the APV

Quote:
The budget APV multi-purpose people carrier has a name that stands for All-Purpose Vehicle and offers eight seats. That makes the APV one of the few passenger vehicles sold here that have more than seven seats. Built on a ladder frame chassis, the APV is supposed to be tough and affordable. It is designed in Japan and assembled in Indonesia. Although production costs were kept low, Suzuki engineers tried not to cut corners when it came to safety. The APV has Suzuki's proprietary TECT body, which is a structural design that's supposed to redirect collision energy away from occupants. The doors are reinforced with side impact beams and there are two front airbags that come as standard. Externally, the APV looks clean and distinctive in an oddball kind of way. It's dimensions translate into a roomy interior, but having eight adults in the APV is possible for average-sized people who just manage to fit. Luggage space is limited with the third-row seats up, but can be expanded by folding the rear seats forward, which then liberates enough space to allow you to transport something as big as a washing machine. Available features include rear air-conditioning, power windows, electric mirrors, central locking with remote control, 15-inch alloy wheels and a 1.6-litre engine with either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic.
Source-- Drive Arabia

Last edited by harishnair : 2nd December 2009 at 14:36.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:54   #153
BHPian

I read that the excess 155mm will be tirmmed to make sure that they get benefited by 4 meter tax advantage.They migth mostly rework with front and rear bumper for the same.

Even JAZZ international is excess of 4 meters and Honda trimmed the bumper to get benefited by 4 meters tax advantage.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:11   #154
BHPian

The APV is as flat as it can get from both sides, wonder how much more they will be able to trim.

Interior shot of APV

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Van based on Versa-int_apv_02.jpg

This is the link to the ANCAP test results, where APV scored an overall score of 3 stars.
www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au - SUZUKI APV 2007 - Safety report

Name:  apv08.gif
Views: 17375
Size:  78.6 KB

Last edited by harishnair : 2nd December 2009 at 16:13.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:28   #155
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The initial pics look nice. One will have to wait and see how this finally turns out in the Indian market.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:39   #156
Senior - BHPian

In the Xylo, the front was SUVish while the rear was MUVish. With the APV, it's exactly the opposite !
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

If this comes in as the O2 in next auto expo and with a 1.2L engine and 1.3 DDIS, this is surely a winner even if priced aroudn 7Lakh or 8 Lakh, first of all this is a maruti and second of all, it seems quite roomy, and also i am sure the hotel taxi segment might pick them up too, hardly any other vehicle doing that duty these days except the Innova.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:55   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
If this comes in as the O2 in next auto expo and with a 1.2L engine and 1.3 DDIS, this is surely a winner even if priced aroudn 7Lakh or 8 Lakh, first of all this is a maruti and second of all, it seems quite roomy, and also i am sure the hotel taxi segment might pick them up too, hardly any other vehicle doing that duty these days except the Innova.
Maruti has mentioned that it will be in 5 - 6 lakh.if this APV is priced against Xylo is a suicide for Maruti if it's 7- 8 lakhs.
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:10   #159
Senior - BHPian

i dont think maruthi would sell this for 5-6 lakhs, 7-8 seems more appropriate. 5-6 lakhs perhaps for the petrol version.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:39   #160
BHPian

The Suzuki APV is smaller in overall size and interior space when compared to any other MUV available in India. So for it to succeed the price shouldn't cross 6.5lacs for the top-end diesel variant.

But I seriously doubt whether the APV is going to be released in India. The O2 seems like an India specific model built on the existing Versa platform.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:01   #161
BHPian

recent news quoting a maruti spokesperson says that this is going to be sold at around 4 lakhs.

Source
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:19   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
recent news quoting a maruti spokesperson says that this is going to be sold at around 4 lakhs.

Source
I think this is what it would be. If you go back a few pages, I had posted a conversation with a M.A.S.S guy who mentioned that it would be pitted between the Wagon R and Versa. So that justifies the prices.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:03   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think this is what it would be. If you go back a few pages, I had posted a conversation with a M.A.S.S guy who mentioned that it would be pitted between the Wagon R and Versa. So that justifies the prices.
+1 to that. Me too thinks the same. Same Versa platform with minor upgrades (read bumper,grille,headlamps) + the K12 motor from the Ritz = new O2 van from Maruti.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

This car is something preciesly I am looking for. When in city I expect it to behave as a normal sized car with single or couple of people in it and once on long drives with full family as a big sized innova. If it is available at around 5 lakhs on road there is nothing like that.

I believe the older versa had 1.2L engine, if this one comes with same or more capacity, it would be nice.

I am not happy in taking two small cars for an outing when there are more than 5 people. This car could be the right fit for needs of many like me.
Old 6th December 2009, 01:25   #165
Senior - BHPian

I came to know today that this vechicle doesnt have sliding doors and its a bit boxy but bigger than versa, all this straight points to the APV..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks