Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 15:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

looks way better than any other c segment offering that we have this car should create waves i will certainly respect renault if that car is launched here
Old 7th February 2008, 15:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
I thought MUL stopped selling the Baleno before they launched the SX4.
Ya.. but i think SX4 is still termed as a Baleno "replacement".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
looks way better than any other c segment offering that we have this car should create waves i will certainly respect renault if that car is launched here
I think it would be positioned (if at all it is launched in India) next to SX4,Fiesta et all.

Last edited by revved_up : 7th February 2008 at 15:42.
Old 7th February 2008, 16:14   #18
BHPian

A Class apart no doubt but what segment it would cater to remains a big question....might be in the fiesta, aveo segment but will it be accepted by the India ?? and will it be considered for our market with the same specifications and add ons..But this one is a killing one specially looks awesome from rear end
Old 7th February 2008, 18:13   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, looks like 3 - 4 generations ahead of the currently boxy Logan. Will Renault price it well in India, and load it with basic goodies?

Quote:
Since appearance is the only thing that prevents Logan of selling even more, changing it would surely benefit Renault, worried about the brand’s still low sales in markets other than the European
Old 7th February 2008, 18:59   #20
BHPian

Renault has excellent range of cars in the Europe (Renault UK - Car Range)
They sell pretty well in numbers too.

Lets hope they bring their chosen best to India and price it well.
Old 7th February 2008, 20:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

SX4 meets Mondeo meets octavia!!!!

Hah! the front looks like the SX4, the side profile makes it look like the Mondeo and the tail looks like the Octavia/Laura. It seriously looks like a confused car.
IMHO Renault manufactures really ugly cars.
Old 7th February 2008, 20:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

It actually looks quite pleasing to me. Sure,we can find the lines of other cars in this model,but it still has its own appeal.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am still more interested in the LOGAN MCV or the Steppe. Bring it here Mahindra!
Old 8th February 2008, 01:24   #24
BHPian

Looks damn good.
Looks so good that i cant believe that it be of Logan's class.
Old 8th February 2008, 02:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re:

The spy shots really don't tell much. But the headlights do look a lot like the Sandero.

About the rendition, the grille, the headlamps..all look like the imagination of the artist.

If you look closely in the following pic, there are two flat boards to hide the rear design. And the actual c pillar is more or less in the same fashion as the current gen logan.

There is no news of the next gen launching in the near future. What will Mahindra do?
- Wait for the 50k target to get over, then bring it?
- Get the Sandero first, which will definitely sell more. Think about replacing Logan later.
- Launch Sandero, keep the current Logan, bring in the next gen Logan above the current one. Sell all three.
Old 8th February 2008, 11:26   #26
BHPian

IMHO it will sell all three like everyone else does

But yes, i do really like the notchback. It does look 3 generations ahead of the present one and i think if they launch it, it will sell as good, if not better than the current Logan.
Also i would like to add, the current Logan is not that bad looking. It takes a little time to get used to but it kind of grows on you. When it was lauched, i didnt like it at all but nowdays, it looks pretty good to me.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
There is no news of the next gen launching in the near future. What will Mahindra do?
- Wait for the 50k target to get over, then bring it?
- Get the Sandero first, which will definitely sell more. Think about replacing Logan later.
- Launch Sandero, keep the current Logan, bring in the next gen Logan above the current one. Sell all three.
Renault would do well to get the new Logan into India as soon as its launched globally. Sandero is not a bad idea as well.

But I am not in favour of this policy of selling what is essentially a replacement car at a higher price/segment. In Europe and the rest of the world, newer generation cars are priced nominally above the older one, even it is bigger and better in every sense.

This trend was first kicked off by maruti with the 800/Zen/Alto. But they seen to have reversed the trend with the SX4. Just shows you that companies can sell quality cars at a VFM price. So lets have the new Logan at something close to today's price AND the current Logan selling alongside with a huge price cut.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
this is one of the most stupidest practices done by people selling cars in india..
I agree 100%, they should start hasing out the old gen. when anew gen. in introduced.
Old 8th February 2008, 13:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I agree 100%, they should start hasing out the old gen. when anew gen. in introduced.
Doubt this to be happening, especially if one considers the fact that this is JV involving Mahindra. No offence intended, but Indian manufacturers seem to be too reluctant to shut down models, since the risk is perceived to be too high, especially if the replacement/new model fails to take off...
Old 8th February 2008, 13:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Now thats one good looking car. Wonder why we dont see more such cars on Indian roads? Looks solid, aerodynamic, and proportionate. Looking forward to the day they launch this in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks