Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 12:15   #61
BHPian

Saw Mahindra Bolero CRDE badge on it in Mumbai Near Bandra with Temp reg.

dones anyone have any idea about its launch.
Old 8th July 2008, 18:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If Honda CRV and Chevy Captiva can be called SUVs then Bolero which is built on the legendary Jeep chassis definetly qualifies as a SUV. There is no rule that an SUV has be technologically sophisticated or powerful. The Gypsy is one of the best SUVs and is neither powerful or sophisticated.

MUV would be something like Quails, Rhino or Innova. Bolero may be used by the customer as an MUV because of its toughness.

I suggest you browse the 4x4 section and check out a sport called 'off-roading' which is dominated by the Bolero's brothers and cousins. You will understand that its is not about 0-60 or horsepower.
Then lets add Mahindra Commander, Armada, Sarkari Jeep and anything similar to the list..cheers:.

I suppose any vehicle with a good GC and 4X4 can go on the Indian Dirt roads if that is what you meant by Off-roading. Then thats all is required to qualify as a SUV ?
Old 8th July 2008, 19:29   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool View Post

Supposed to be 19th July. Lets wait and watch.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:50   #64
BHPian

Bolero CRDE - looking forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Supposed to be 19th July. Lets wait and watch.
Hey, that's good news! Didn't expect it to come out so soon, though heard about it here on Team BHP a while back - always classified it as 'wishful thinking'! So this means it will come in before the Ingenio (which I thought was expected around early-Aug).

I would surely check out the vehicle since the Scorp's prices have been on the boil over the last couple of months and I have always had a soft corner for the Bolero. Spitfire (or anyone else), do you have an idea of the price-band for the Bolero CRDE?
Old 8th July 2008, 22:09   #65
BANNED

Expecting a 1-1.5 lakh increase in price over the SLX model, not sure though. Oh and it comes with 16" wheels instead of 15"
Old 9th July 2008, 02:05   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Now this is something I can definitely say is overkill. Exactly what percentage of the new engine's power will be wasted by the dated chassis is something that should be kept secret by Mahindra.

They were forced to get in the CRDE due to pollution norms is my guess.
Old 9th July 2008, 02:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Expecting a 1-1.5 lakh increase in price over the SLX model, not sure though. Oh and it comes with 16" wheels instead of 15"
Which engine is this 2.6 or 2.2? I agree with MAG, why does a bare bones UV need a top dollar engine. Tavera, SUMO and others are managing without CRDi.
Old 9th July 2008, 09:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Which engine is this 2.6 or 2.2? I agree with MAG, why does a bare bones UV need a top dollar engine. Tavera, SUMO and others are managing without CRDi.
But doesnt Grande come with 2.2 DICOR motor??
Also hasnt mahindra been selling the Bolero pickup with CRDe motor in Europe...?
Old 9th July 2008, 09:14   #69
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Bolero Crde vehicle is under testing still as I understand it
Bosch of Adugodi Bangalore had one or two vehicles which they were testing
outer appearance same as regular bolero but with old Scorpio Turbo 2.6 Crde heart - probably de-tuned a bit to deliver less BHP - I understand this vehicle (Bolero Crde) will deliver 100 BHP - Brakes also are boosted for better stopping power - no other details and these itself are from an unofficial source.
launch apparently can be expected in Sep/Oct - this was what I was told in March 08.
From what Ive observed, Mahindra plays its cards close to its chest and doesnt let on about new activity - they just decide, do the necessary research/ improvements and launch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool View Post

Yes Monsieur

Im not sure about July launch - it was more like Sep Oct when I last heard

If it does come with the Crde 100 BHP Turbo with 16 inch wheels it would be superb.
It will come to about 7.5 -7.75 atleast on Road BLR because this will be positioned in between the current MUV Bolero and SUV Scorp - I am a 100% sure it will be a great buy for you and family.
Only thing is that I hope theyve done something with the rear leaf spring suspension to make it a little more comfy for users. Not sure if they have though.

Can check and tell you after speaking to my source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hey, that's good news! Didn't expect it to come out so soon, though heard about it here on Team BHP a while back - always classified it as 'wishful thinking'! So this means it will come in before the Ingenio (which I thought was expected around early-Aug).

I would surely check out the vehicle since the Scorp's prices have been on the boil over the last couple of months and I have always had a soft corner for the Bolero. Spitfire (or anyone else), do you have an idea of the price-band for the Bolero CRDE?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 9th July 2008 at 16:19.
Old 9th July 2008, 15:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:
When the M2di sells for 70 K less then the base Scorpio, why should this vehicle cost 1-1.15 lakhs more, logically the difference would be 70 K.

Anyways this is exciting news, can anyone close to M & M find out the exact details, I could have but ever since I sold my Scorp I am not in their good books anymore
Old 9th July 2008, 16:25   #71
BHPian

Spitfire, Shankar, looked at the bolero website last night; it said prices are being updated. Tried now and can't access the site!??!

In the midst of all this (Scorp at 8.8, Bolero at 7.75, etc), where does the Ingenio fit in? Or, is the Ingenio and the Bolero with the CRDE heart one and the same? It's all very confusing...
Old 9th July 2008, 16:26   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Base Scorp LX OTR BLR - is 9 lacs! 3 months ago it was 8.5
Scorp M2DI is the Scorp Shell/ Body with a Bolero Engine - certainly not in the same class as the 2.6 Turbo Crde etc.
Bolero Crde will naturally be priced in between the current range of Boleros and the Base Scorpio IMO. It is the "next best" option for a Budget MUV/SUV with a slant on Urban requirements in terms of engine refinement etc without losing its original DNA of toughness, go anywhere and indestructibility.
This probably is their reasoning according to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
When the M2di sells for 70 K less then the base Scorpio, why should this vehicle cost 1-1.15 lakhs more, logically the difference would be 70 K.

Anyways this is exciting news, can anyone close to M & M find out the exact details, I could have but ever since I sold my Scorp I am not in their good books anymore
Old 9th July 2008, 17:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
...sounds quite like "Why should a 60 year old guy buy new clothes / shoes?"

What's wrong with a new engine?
Old 9th July 2008, 17:27   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
...sounds quite like "Why should a 60 year old guy buy new clothes / shoes?"

What's wrong with a new engine?
No, its more like why should a 60 yo take steroids, start pumping weights and playing rough sports. There is only so much that chassis can handle....the Scorp (30 yrs younger?)can barely manage.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:35   #75
BANNED

Quote:
No, its more like why should a 60 yo take steroids, start pumping weights and playing rough sports. There is only so much that chassis can handle....the Scorp (30 yrs younger?)can barely manage.
All the bad things that went against the Bolero - weight, less taller will go for it now with the engine upgrade.

Why do you say the chasis of the Bolero cannot handle 100 bhp? In 4 years of driving a Bolero i think the chasis would always take a lot more.

When you say the Scorpio can hardly manage, what are you trying to say? Handling? Then the Bolero has a edge it handles much better then the Scorpio.

Last edited by Spitfire : 9th July 2008 at 17:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks