Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 07:54   #376

I may 'upgrade' to this car from my City Zxi..!!

I feel like a fool to drive my current car.. For USD 20K I spent I am driving a very unsafe car. In the US, just for 2K more I was driving a Mitsubishi Galant with lot more features and safety :-(
Old 20th March 2008, 10:03   #377
BHPian

I think its time to buy more shares of maruti now... Maruti have a sure shot winner and Ford/M&M must be having sleepless nights for sure... The Diesel will be an instant hit and ZDi should sell like hot cakes...
Old 20th March 2008, 10:21   #378
Senior - BHPian

I would genuinely rate the looks after i see the vehicle on the road, but at the moment looking at the pictures It reminds me of the Six Blind men & The Elephant story!

I am simply not able to connect the looks of the front and rear (it still looks like a photoshop work for me).

One question that has been striking my mind is the safety standard for the Dzire. Atleast Swift has its companion in Europe which has a rating to be talked about. What could be the safety features of the Dzire; Or is it something like the other cars from MSIL stable?

Ram, please comment on the safety features of the Dzire!

PS: I am not talking just about ABS & Airbags as it does not completely satisfy safety requirements & i rarely find people who buy one with ABS & Airbags.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:30   #379
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys dont worry about the power of the sedan in either petrol or the diesel avatar.The sedan is just 30 kg more than the hatch,its just like a kid is traveling with you who is 30 kg in weight.This in itself is an achievement considering the boot volume the designers have achieved.Here we are talking of a product which is in the budget c-segment.I dont feel that the customers who are going in for this one wont be that concerned of the design of the car.They would be more bothered of the reliability and the brand value.
ram
Old 20th March 2008, 12:12   #380
BANNED

I would put this as *crazy*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
I may 'upgrade' to this car from my City Zxi..!!
Its not very *bright* to compare US & India car prices & match them. I can only ask you to buy Galant in India.
Quote:
I feel like a fool to drive my current car.. For USD 20K I spent I am driving a very unsafe car. In the US, just for 2K more I was driving a Mitsubishi Galant with lot more features and safety :-(
Old 20th March 2008, 12:13   #381
BHPian

Hi anachronix,
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']What I have been managed to find out, suggests that beside ABS and airbags, the swift dzire will come with safety features like EBD, i-Cats(anti theft system), front and rear fog lamps and height adjustable seat belts. And these are definitely more than what the competition provides.[/FONT]
Old 20th March 2008, 12:21   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I would put this as *crazy*
FYi.

City does not have following features which Dzire will have
  • Climate Control
  • ABS (Most probably in the version he has)
  • Airbags (Most Probably in the version he has)
  • Highly fuel efficient diesel engine option.
Goes on to prove how successfully Honda is making a fool out of us.

Last edited by revved_up : 20th March 2008 at 12:27. Reason: Typo
Old 20th March 2008, 12:22   #383
Senior - BHPian

I agree, the Dzire still looks like a PS work. I am not sure if these guys took care of the aerodynamics and all while designing. But in the 1st place who are the people who design such cars ? The rear seems to have been just attached to the Swift hatch. But then everyone has their own opinions
Old 20th March 2008, 12:46   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
FYi.

City does not have following features which Dzire will have
  • Climate Control
  • ABS (Most probably in the version he has)
  • Airbags (Most Probably in the version he has)
  • Highly fuel efficient diesel engine option.
Well. Interesting! Maruti had been fooling us all this while. They have just woken up (and us too)! But still continue to sell tin on wheels. Wonder, where did they spend the reported INR 30 crores on this project? What a waste. Why didn't they ever consider Suzuki Aerio or the likes as a replacement for Esteem?

Last edited by scorp 1 : 20th March 2008 at 12:51.
Old 20th March 2008, 13:05   #385
Senior - BHPian

Just found Dzire ads airing online @ Rediff.com which is redirecting it to Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire

Cheers
Old 20th March 2008, 13:08   #386
BHPian

I was at the Garuda workshop this morning and saw a Black VDI Dzire. It had been delivered to the workshop just this morning. In the flesh, the car looks very good, the boot is quite big and the features visible to a casual look in VDI version was a inbuilt music system with 4 speakers, with the front being in the door and the rear on the parcel shelf, rear seat had a foldable arm rest which was flush with the back when folded and all black interiors.
The roof at the rear doesn't slope as much as the hatch and the rear windows are also bigger. The car was parked next to a hatch, it looked like it had the same wheelbase with the C pillar being a little taller than the hatch. Similar to the Indigo, the rear suspension struts encroach on the boot space. Fit and finish was very good. They had the engine on and the noise at idling was very faint. Vibration was also minimal.
Couldn't take any pics as they requested me not to take.
Old 20th March 2008, 13:08   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I would genuinely rate the looks after i see the vehicle on the road, but at the moment looking at the pictures It reminds me of the Six Blind men & The Elephant story!

I am simply not able to connect the looks of the front and rear (it still looks like a photoshop work for me).

One question that has been striking my mind is the safety standard for the Dzire. Atleast Swift has its companion in Europe which has a rating to be talked about. What could be the safety features of the Dzire; Or is it something like the other cars from MSIL stable?

Ram, please comment on the safety features of the Dzire!

PS: I am not talking just about ABS & Airbags as it does not completely satisfy safety requirements & i rarely find people who buy one with ABS & Airbags.
I second your views on the looks front.I couldnt relate the back and front of this car.Rear looks great considering the constrains the designers had ,but i doubt the looks of the front -whether it would suplement the looks of the rear.When viewed in total it is pretty acceptable to me.
Regarding safety i dont know anything about it as of now.It should be in comparison with the swift i believe,if not better in the sense that we have a dicky and there would be additional protection in the event of rear impact.
ram

Last edited by ram_hyundai : 20th March 2008 at 13:09.
Old 20th March 2008, 13:10   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
Well. Interesting! Maruti had been fooling us all this while. They have just woken up (and us too)! But still continue to sell tin on wheels. Wonder, where did they spend the reported INR 30 crores on this project? What a waste. Why didn't they ever consider Suzuki Aerio or the likes as a replacement for Esteem?
You are right.. and yes they could have brought in a new car to replace but they chose not to because they know they can sell Dzire.. why invest in a new platform altogether, which is very sad for us and this country.

I also pointed this out earlier

Quote:
This car is surely going to sell majorly because it will be very good VFM.
But the sad part is that these kind of cars which are a result of just adding a boot to a car which one could have never imagined as a sedan are only given to India.

I remember swift was launched internationally but Dzire??? i dont think so.
It would have been good if they gave us a better replacement to Esteem.

This is a practical car but still makes me sad thinking about the treatment given to us by a company that has been around for more than 2 decades.

@Maruti: You surely could have done a better job in replacing esteem.

Cheers.
Old 20th March 2008, 13:30   #389
BHPian

Quote:
If you ask me, being one, is usually voluntary, a choice if you like.

Either, you do not have better options or you are not better informed about the availability of it
Old 20th March 2008, 14:18   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyheights View Post
If you ask me, being one, is usually voluntary, a choice if you like.

Either, you do not have better options or you are not better informed about the availability of it
Perhaps you're as think, as you drunk we are!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks